Hypothetically II

Criminal

Okay, that's it. On Saturday morning, I'm going to put a 6-pack of beer in Banner Forest, Kitsap County, WA. You'll have to figure out a very easy puzzle to find it (rangers aren't smart enough to figure out puzzles). Only one rule - drink one, leave one. Who will be First finder? Criminal? Bull Moose?

See how it is?????? I take off for a couple of hours to grab a bite and a pick up a six pack of Black Butte and you guys get waaaaaayyyy off topic.

How does this unsanctioned six pack relate to underground caching? Wait, no, never mind, carry on.

Uh, what kind of beer are we talking about here? Sat. morning in WA should be kind of rainy, so I'm thinking it should be a stout. And maybe an Ezra Brooks would take the chill off. And maybe a big burly guy who wouldn't let you near the cache if you didn't know the seceret hand shake. If you hang out for a while it could get cold so you should really make it beer for a beer plus a couple of pieces of firewood. And corn chips, or jerkey. And maybe the cache should have like a built in CD player.

I'm starting to really get to like this whole undrground cache idea! :huh:

(Edit Maybe you should think about a keg? Make the trade $5 for a cup? Just a thought.)

Edited by rusty_tlc
See how it is?????? I take off for a couple of hours to grab a bite and a pick up a six pack of Black Butte and you guys get waaaaaayyyy off topic.

How does this unsanctioned six pack relate to underground caching? Wait, no, never mind, carry on.

You could have hunted for a cache on the way there...

This is the closest cache to me, 3.3 miles. Also straight up the side of a mountain. Also we have about four inches of snow down here. The next four are worse. Just looked at the rest of the list, any (unfound) caches near me will require a snow machine, and/or snowshoes.

Geocaching choices:

1)look at the pages and plan,

2)place caches.

3)Plan the overthrow of the establishment.

(edit:Sure would be nice to have a few urban micro left to find, sigh.)

Edited by rusty_tlc

Would you consider starting a “no rules” geostashing site or newsgroup?

Ummm... yea. If your scenario panned out. :huh:

Would you participate in a “no rules” geostashing site or newsgroup?

Yep

Would you hide in violation of the rules?

Nah. I like to find new ways to work within the stated rules. Its challenging.

Would you find in violation of the rules?

Probably.

Oh yeah,  I'll post the puzzle here on Saturday morning.

I decided to acquiesce to Criminal, and I placed the cache without a puzzle. Also, I did not place it in Banner Forest, but it is somewhere in south Kitsap county, Washington. I can think of three reasons that this cache would not be approved by TPTB, not the least of which is that it will not "be there for a realistic and extended period of time." I will "archive" the cache on Monday morning. Email me for details and coordinates.

Edited by Ajetpilot
Who says there isn't one already?

Funny you say that.

I have been caching since 1989.

I had planned to share a few of my most choice "secret" spots with geocachers. Those spots are all in banned wilderness areas.

I plan to host a webpage in the near future and on that page will be the locations of some cool virtuals. GeoSnap might be a good place to post those as well.

As for the 4 wilderness geocaches that I placed. I will remove them if my bid for approval is denied by the local forest service. (With the exception one and of course my personal caches which have lain undisturbed for over 15 years.)

I placed a geocache less than 200 yards from the spot in the backcountry where I want my ashes to be scattered after my death. I had planned to call it "Snoogans' Memorial Cache" and in it is a leather bound, gold leafed, log book that I wanted cachers to eulogize me in as a goal for the cache. I left a bunch of cool stuff in it in trade for those words. It will stay to log my future visits to the area. It just won't be a "geocache." That cache also contains my Snooganator travel bug. DOH! I'll get it when the snow melts.....

Sn ;):huh: gans

[i placed a geocache less than 200 yards from the spot in the backcountry where I want my ashes to be scattered after my death.

Wouldn't that be littering?

I have a friend who wants her ashes spread near a rock up on the slopes of Mt Hood.

Whenever I see soil washing downstream, I think of Leopold's story (A Sand County Almanac) of a molecule called X traveling through nature. "The break came when a bur-oak root nosed down a crack and began prying and sucking. In the flash of a century, the rock decayed, and X was pulled out and up into the world of living things. He helped build a flower, which became an acorn, which fattened a deer, which fed an Indian, all in a single year."

Finally X ends up in a beaver, "an animal that always feeds higher than he dies. The beaver starved when his pond dried up. X rode the carcass down the spring freshet, losing more altitude each hour than heretofore in a century. He fed a crayfish, a coon, and then an Indian, who laid him down to his last sleep in a mound on the riverbank. One spring an oxbow caved the bank, and X lay again in his ancient prison, the sea."

Just a few snippets from an essay that speaks well to our existence here on earth.

[i placed a geocache less than 200 yards from the spot in the backcountry where I want my ashes to be scattered after my death.

Wouldn't that be littering?

I have a friend who wants her ashes spread near a rock up on the slopes of Mt Hood.

Whenever I see soil washing downstream, I think of Leopold's story (A Sand County Almanac) of a molecule called X traveling through nature. "The break came when a bur-oak root nosed down a crack and began prying and sucking. In the flash of a century, the rock decayed, and X was pulled out and up into the world of living things. He helped build a flower, which became an acorn, which fattened a deer, which fed an Indian, all in a single year."

Finally X ends up in a beaver, "an animal that always feeds higher than he dies. The beaver starved when his pond dried up. X rode the carcass down the spring freshet, losing more altitude each hour than heretofore in a century. He fed a crayfish, a coon, and then an Indian, who laid him down to his last sleep in a mound on the riverbank. One spring an oxbow caved the bank, and X lay again in his ancient prison, the sea."

Just a few snippets from an essay that speaks well to our existence here on earth.

Littering is all in your perspective. Near that spot is a nice Arkansas whetstone that I have had hidden since 1989. It's a useful item. It gets used almost every time that I'm there. If you found it, would you throw it away?

That story was cool. There are thousands of Indian tales similar that one.......

No rules site or newsgroup:

Probably, if I had the time.

Would you participate in the no rules site:

Absolutely.

Hide in violation of park/land hiding rules:

Probably, yes, if it really came down to something so absurd.

Find in violation of park/land rules:

Absolutely. I won't be told I can't use the parks or lands I pay for.

Would you consider starting a “no rules” geostashing site or newsgroup?

sure.

Would you participate in a “no rules” geostashing site or newsgroup?

sure.

Would you hide in violation of the rules?

sure, as long as I could ensure my anonymity.

sure, as long as I wouldn't be crawling around in a dangerous area, like some kind of military or government installation where I could be shot or something...

:lol: mozartman

sure, as long as I wouldn't be crawling around in a dangerous area, like some kind of military or government installation where I could be shot or something...

:D  mozartman

Geez, your no FUN! I guess in that case we'll still be stuck with only 5* caches. Figure the chance of getting shot at would at least be a 6*. :lol: