To Whom It May Concern......

Broncoholics

Social Commentary:

All right everyone! Roll up your pants! It's starting to get deep in here...... :D

Sn B)  B) gans

If you have something to say then say it.

I think I did. Did you want to meet me behind the gym after class or what?? (Remember...It's not all about you.)

Maybe I should go back to lurking like yesterday..... ;):blink::blink::P

Sn :huh:;) gans

umc wrote:

The way I see it (and you can call it jaded if you would like) is that J is a reactive character, he doesn't throw any blow first, its someone else.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I just went back and read the above posts and I didn't see Candie (upinyachit) throw a 'first blow' at 'the man'. Correcting someone on something that is incorrect is fine, but the insult to Candie regarding the username and avatar was quite unnecessary, character flaw or not, it's rude and disrespectful.

Geo 131 136

Right, lets talk about rude an disrespectful.

Read up a little further and I think its funny that you say Candie, All I see is "up in your s***"

Having multiple people post under one user account is bad form in my book. Especially when one comes to the defense of the other under the same user name.

Sorry, I'm not going to read your sig.

I have a lot of respect for Jeremy; it's takes a lot of courage and insight to see an opportunity and turn it into a business like he has with geocaching.com. But he really needs to reign in his lackeys. When I read comments like those by umc (eg "He's the man...") I figure my 30 bucks is safer in the bank.

I may have stumbled into an ongoing joke, but I don't get that impression.

And yes, I went caching today. A DNF on my Nemesis. (How's that for melodrama?)

umc wrote:

Read up a little further and I think its funny that you say Candie, All I see is "up in your s***"

Having multiple people post under one user account is bad form in my book. Especially when one comes to the defense of the other under the same user name.

Regarding two users using the same account -- is there a rule against that? I don't see a problem with it as they are signing their respective real name at the bottom of each post (I assume that they are real names -- at any rate, they are indicating that they are two separate people). I certainly don't have a problem defining who is who.

I did a search on both pages of this thread and didn't find "up in your" anywhere. Where do you see that? Up in your what? I think you're seeing things that are not there. And at any rate, I really don't see anything that Candie (or upinyachit) could be construed as a 'first blow' in any of the posts. I'm having a difficult time with this one. How is the insult from 'the man' justified?

It's pretty obvious to me who should be apologizing.

Geo 124 113

tlg wrote:

Sorry to hear that you got a DNF today. I'm just on my way out the door to do some night caching -- hopefully I'll be logging a find. Love the melodrama.

Hey bug&snake -- I haven't heard Rindercella in years -- brings up some pretty funny memories. Thanks.

40E-C 37

This is umc's wife,

And you're right J5 you should be appoligizing.

First, the insult is "justified" because that is all that is handed out here. You're it.

WTF do you think Upinyachit means? All I see there is Up In Your s*** and if you don't see that then its not me man, get real. <--------- sorry for using your line.

Nope, there is not rule about using the same account so if you have a problem with me then don't take it out on my husband.

BTW, people love my caches and I've brought many to this game.

umc's wife.

I have a lot of respect for Jeremy; it's takes a lot of courage and insight to see an opportunity and turn it into a business like he has with geocaching.com. But he really needs to reign in his lackeys. When I read comments like those by umc (eg "He's the man...") I figure my 30 bucks is safer in the bank.

I may have stumbled into an ongoing joke, but I don't get that impression.

UMC wrote "Yeah, maybe you should go back to lurking and it is all about me. It always has been.

Bike racks!!!"

Very astute tlg. I didn't take it as a joke. I almost hit the little report thingie, but my skin is thicker than that. He is a MOD though and a fine example of one today.

Jeremy will still get my $30. I love this site.

Sn ;):huh: gans

A side note: Considering that your username is what it is, the name sets the tone for any conversations within these forums. Add the clown and you have your work cut out for you.

You think thats an insult?

upinyachit

up in ya chit

s

See it now?

Not that that should give anyone a right to insult him / her about it. I just didn't think that was an insult. Somewhere along the line here this thread went from lighthearted with some fun pokes at each other to getting pretty serious with people getting agitated. What happened? I think someone took something seriously that was meant to be kind of a joke somewhere.

A lot of what gets heard has never been said.

Exactly! Now lets all slop our drippers and go back to having fun.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!

Edited by JMBella
He is a MOD though and a fine example of one today.

I just asked to be taken off of that list, I'm so friggen tired of all the bull here and I'm also sick of the BS that its ok for the general populace but not the mods.

I've had it with that. You can now know that I will be the one (and probably only one) bucking you trouble makers from here to there. I can almost guarantee that I will be the one banned first too.

:huh:

Again, I've had it

I just asked to be taken off of that list, I'm so friggen tired of all the bull here and I'm also sick of the BS that its ok for the general populace but not the mods.

I've had it with that. You can now know that I will be the one (and probably only one) bucking you trouble makers from here to there. I can almost guarantee that I will be the one banned first too.

;)

Again, I've had it

Geeze, how did I get sucked into this?

Now, I'm a trouble maker?

I've never gotten 1 (ONE!!!) warning on this site.

Sn :huh:;) gans

:huh:

Again, I've had it

Did I just read that correctly? Are you quitting being a Mod?

Somewhere along the line here this thread went from lighthearted with some fun pokes at each other to getting pretty serious with people getting agitated. What happened? I think someone took something seriously that was meant to be kind of a joke somewhere.

What happened? Are you kidding? Its the same thing that happens in every thread. Its the same 10 or so people causing BS trouble and enough is enough. Its not funny anymore as a matter of fact it never was.

Since y'all haven't gotten the clue yet, its time to go, you're not wanted here anymore. You know who you are and I will be posting soon for those who don't.

:huh:;)

Did I just read that correctly? Are you quitting being a Mod?

One way or another.

Call it forum suicide, call it what you want. The fact is that I'm not going anywhere but you will see me here more and more, not bucking the system but bucking the jerks who have taken over this place.

Sorry, I'm not a nice guy and pretending to be one by being a mod and dealing with all of the BS has hit its limit with me.

umc's wife wrote:

First, the insult is "justified" because that is all that is handed out here. You're it.

WTF do you think Upinyachit means? All I see there is Up In Your s*** and if you don't see that then its not me man, get real. <--------- sorry for using your line.

I've done nothing here that warrants an apology -- if I need to spell it out, I think that Jeremy owes Candie of Upinyachit the apology.

As with many other usernames on this site, I do not know what Upinyachit means. Some usernames are not real words and unless something is irrefutably obvious, I don't assume anything. For all I know, that is their last name. If you see something nasty, perhaps it's the way that you perceive things that is causing your dismay. Do you know what a Jomarac is? Didn't think so.

I certainly wouldn't take anything you say out on your husband, I actually find him to be very reasonable in most cases and quite enjoy his witty replies. I might point out here that I've noticed that he's much better at spelling than you are (and that's not meant as an insult -- it's just my observation).

I'd love to stay and continue this informative and entertaining chat with you but unfortunately, there is a cache waiting to be found and I'm off to find it. Thanks for your colourful commentary, I quite enjoyed it. :huh:

Have a nice day.

Geo 141 54 130

Ah what would I do without these boards

I frequent many a message board and a wise old internetter once said:

"I have never seen so many strangers hurt each others feelings at one time. It is truely a unique phenomenon"

Is there any of that popcorn left or should I throw some more in the microwave?

Edited by pnew

I'm with UMC on this one. There is a small bunch that seem to know what buttons to push and they push them quite often. Some are gone for now but a few are still here. It's been nice here recently with the TMs (TM=Trouble Maker) gone, but the ones that are left are still stirring the pot, just not as forcefully as it would be stirred had they all been here.

I'm with UMC on this one. There is a small bunch that seem to know what buttons to push and they push them quite often. Some are gone for now but a few are still here. It's been nice here recently with the TMs (TM=Trouble Maker) gone, but the ones that are left are still stirring the pot, just not as forcefully as it would be stirred had they all been here.

Does the problem lie in the pussher or the button? :lol:

As for UMC I like him just fine. Same with J5.

However if you are going to be a mod, be a mod. If you want to get in a contest with someone you are no longer a mod, you are just another poster who has powers on the board.

Rule 1 of mod school. It's not personal, it's business. Because that's what it takes.

Rule 1 of dissenters school. It is personal and it is important.

The mod has to deal with dissidents who cross the line with as much objectivity as the dissident has charged emotions. I was impressed that CO Admin thought the thread had enough merit to cool it off for a bit and bring it back.

I love geocaching and the site, but these forums are really getting old. I quit reading them for a long time thought I would check in to see if they changed, but no the same old complainers, same old complaints. How come these people aren't banned from the forums yet? They have nothing positive and nothing interesting to add.

I love geocaching and the site, but these forums are really getting old. I quit reading them for a long time thought I would check in to see if they changed, but no the same old complainers, same old complaints. How come these people aren't banned from the forums yet? They have nothing positive and nothing interesting to add.

By any definition I would have to read this as a complaint.

Anothers statement on something that we agree with is seen as a passion while if we disagree, it's a complaint.

All the bickering aside. Mopar hit it on the head- follow the guidelines and there is no problem. If you don't like the way this site has grown, or the direction it is growing, you can exercise your right to go elsewhere.

I for one am sick of threads devolving into peeing matches. It does seem to be the same people leading the charge in that area. RK is very right about the moderator job not being personal, but with UMC and a couple of other mods using their original account names, and the volume of threads attacking the moderators, need for moderation, and changes in policy, I can see where a mod could indeed take some of what was said personally.

I've asked that same question many times.

El Diablo

I love geocaching and the site, but these forums are really getting old.  I quit reading them for a long time thought I would check in to see if they changed, but no the same old complainers, same old complaints.  How come these people aren't banned from the forums yet?  They have nothing positive and nothing interesting to add.

I've asked that same question many times.

El Diablo

Are you trying to tell us something? :lol:

I think if you let someone push your button they'll just keep on pushing. Sometimes it's difficult to let it roll off your back and sometimes you just have to snap. That's fine, better to do it here than go postal out there in the "real world". But, I have to keep going back to this question, why does it effect so many people so much? The great majority of us have never even met each other. So why does what someone says 2000 miles away offend us? To be honest, I don't think I've seen anything that was so personally offensive that would justify someone getting the boot for good. The only time I was even remotely bothered by something someone said is when J5 called me a suck up. But it took me about 30 seconds to get over it and make a joke out of it. So certain people complain about the same things a lot. Big deal. Personally I don't care if they keep complaining, A lot of the time I think they have a good point, sometimes I even agree with them 100%. If everyone stops responding to the same old complaints the thread will just drop off the page. However some threads, such as this one, has good arguments on both sides of the fence and deserves the attention. Lately there's been a really good balance here since the Thanksgiving fiasco. Everyone just go drop a tab of Prozac and have a shot of Tequila. WoooHooo! It's supposed to bu FUN! :lol:

One trick of the trade that I use (and gets used on me) is to let the person you are debating with have the last word.

Once someone gets in the last word, often they have not improved their argument and they pretty much have to shut up.

Good in theory, but there are still some in these forums that won't let sleeping dogs lie....and even in doing so, they still don't seem to better their case. It's good advice, RK, just wish everyone would follow it! :lol:

umc's wife wrote:

I've done nothing here that warrants an apology -- if I need to spell it out, I think that Jeremy owes Candie of Upinyachit the apology.

As with many other usernames on this site, I do not know what Upinyachit means. Some usernames are not real words and unless something is irrefutably obvious, I don't assume anything. For all I know, that is their last name. If you see something nasty, perhaps it's the way that you perceive things that is causing your dismay. Do you know what a Jomarac is? Didn't think so...

Well, I would say that if the USER tells you what their user name means, there isn't much room for interpretation.

Here's a message I posted on my site in regards to moderating and moderators. Some of it jives with this. The middle part you can disregard just about as it really doesn't pertain to this.

One of the biggest and main problems I noticed that goes on over there, is that the mods become to involved. They are both cache approvers and moderators. They are both needed over there. Moderators are needed to keep things under control and to expell and remove the problem children as needed. Approvers input is valuable to the people. They can answer questions and I think it should end there.

I know they are humans too and want to join in the midst of it. But you don't get any respect when they put their heavy hand on things and then try to be everyones friends. It doesn't work. That was one of the first things we were taught when going to Correctional Officer academy. Yolu have to be fair, but firm. If you try to be the inmates friends and then turn around and be strict with them, then they will think you are a joke and have no respect for you. If you are consistent (and fair), then they know what to expect. Same goes there.

There is no viable reason to close threads like they do. Just because one or two are having a disagreement, does not mean that the rest can not enjoy the topic. In my opinion they allow too much to return. They are not doing a service, but a dis-service. If you have 20 people participating in a topic and 2 of them are not behaving and close the whole topic, then you will ahve 18 others upset. Then another topic pops up and the same thing happens again. But, if you remove those 2 and warn them that it will not be tolerated, then the others can continue civilally. Then you won't have 18 people starting new topics agry about closing topics. You may have 2. It's much easier to squash those 2, than 18 or to even let it go on and on.

The mods are volunteers. So what. They have a job to do and when they accepted the job, they took on the responsibilities and the downfall of things as well. It's something they should of considered firstly. Just as with any other job. A police officer should not only think they will be able to carry a gun before accepting a job as one, but they should also think about that they could get shot at as well.

Stated by Jomarac5:
As with many other usernames on this site, I do not know what Upinyachit means.

You are just kidding with us, right? :D

Must be a regional thing because I didn't see it either. And now that it has been pointed out, I still don't see the controversy. Oh well...

Gorak

Geo 142 42 84B

I knew what it meant the first time I saw it months ago. It means up in your ****. Anyone who can't see that must have a heck of a time reading personalized license plates. :D The term means that the person is either "in your face" as before a fist fight, or having an affair with your significant other. At least that's how it is used in the region where I reside. Still, I think it's harmless enough as a username, any negative connotations are up to the reader to decide. :D

Its not an expression that's used at all in this neck of the woods. :D I just finished looking it up on the net and came up with a few definitions similar to above. If it were an expression used around here, it would have been obvious, I agree. :D However, as a username, I don't think its enough to give someone a lot of grief over. There are a lot worse...

Gorak

Geo 12

Wow... I just read a lot of this thread and I really can't believe the blatent flaming that has been going on in here. I am an avid Paintball player so I am constantly reading the paintball forums. Unfortunately, of the young men and boys age 12-25 who make up the majority of the sport, many are mean and immature. Those forums are CONSTANTLY full of arguments and trash talk and they get closed by the forum mods quite often. Considering paintball is somewhat of a testosterone filled and often painful game, i understand the hostility. Geocaching on the other hand, my new favorite hobby, is a nice, peaceful, nature filled, exciting game enjoyed by all ages of all walks of life all over the world. I have been amazed in the last few weeks of exciting geocaching of its ability to bring people together from all over to share common interests and stories on this great forum.

Assuming that most people who geocache are of legal age to share "R" rated jokes, i understand wanting to be able to talk around each other like adults in a more real world setting. I see from the the standpoint of the organization however, why precautions must be made to protect everyone. So, while I don't think blame should be placed on anyone, I think everyone should maybe think about the bigger picture instead of becoming defensive and worrying about winning the argument.

At some point, I feel I have no business in any of this, and I dont really want to become dragged into this further either, but I do share the love of this great game with everyone in here. So, instead of blaming mods, or other people, I think we should all forget about this, and just agree to disagree, or maybe come to a conclusion about all this without having to close the thread.

Everyone needs to take a deeeeeeep breath.... and go find a cache.

Thats all! :D:D:D:D

Edited by SBPhishy