To Whom It May Concern......

Broncoholics

I have come to the conclusion, that there is only so much you can learn here on the forums. Upinyachit has been caching for almost two years now, and I bet we could continue to cache another two years, without looking in these forums at all.

The forums are great for the newbies, but what about the veterans who have seen it all. Are the veterans suppose to answer the same old questions for the next two years? I understand the game is growing, but geez, lighten up with closing so many topics. My last 6 topics have been closed and a few I posted in were closed too. I went from telling R rated jokes to not being able to talk about anything.

I wonder if it's because Christmas is coming up. This site doesn't want to give a wrong impression with all the newbies joining, I guess.

Here is the quote from CO ADMIN

In no ways fits in the guidelines of this site.

Continuing to disregard the guidelines of this site may result in suspension of your posting privileges

I have brought a lot of new cachers to the sport from N.Y. all the way to CO. and none of my people see a problem with any of my posts.

Discrimination? Hmmmmmm!

Duane

Upinyachit (for a lot of years now!)

:lol:

As far as answering the same ol' questions, I say go for it if you want, if not, don't.

As far as closing threads, I say go for it if you want, if not, don't.

Oh, wait, I'm thinking about the thread that I just closed and I couldn't see a way to "lighten up" there. I tried but to no avail, as a matter of fact I think the original poster (in his first post) was off topic to his own title there. :lol:

I think everyone needs to lighten up and stop with the personal attacks and general bs. If that were to happen you would see less of the topics being closed. It truely is a simple concept. Now don't even say, "well if you guys would get the lead out of your hands" (or whatever) The fact of the matter is that we do let things go but then someone has to go and get ugly and ruin it for everyone but instead of the community doing some self-moderation we get flak for it.

Makes sense to me. :o

I have come to the conclusion,  that there is only so much you can learn here on the forums.  Upinyachit has been caching for almost two years now, and I bet we could continue to cache another two years, without looking in these forums at all.

The forums are great for the newbies, but what about the veterans who have seen it all.  Are the veterans suppose to answer the same old questions for the next two years? I understand the game is growing, but geez, lighten up with closing so many topics.  My last 6 topics have been closed and a few I posted in were closed too.  I went from telling R rated jokes to not being able to talk about anything.

I wonder if it's because Christmas is coming up.  This site doesn't want to give a wrong impression with all the newbies joining, I guess. 

Here is the quote from CO ADMIN

Continuing to disregard the guidelines of this site may result in suspension of your posting privileges

I have brought a lot of new cachers to the sport from N.Y. all the way to CO. and none of my people see a problem with any of my posts.

Discrimination? Hmmmmmm!

Duane

Upinyachit (for a lot of years now!)

:lol:

The entire quote was:

Foul Language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site.

the picture deleted from this post:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...ndpost&p=741043

You forgot to mention the first part or what I said.

I went from telling R rated jokes to not being able to talk about anything.

The guidelines state:

This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site.

your self professed R rated joke do not fit on a family site. Try reading the guidelines and following them. I'd bet you have no problems that way

Edited by CO Admin

I am by no means a goody two shoes... an old fuddy duddy... or a wet blanket... I think it is fun to post adult oriented material in forums that are for adults. This forum is for kids of all ages.

I spent two years being the Site Admin for a website called Zookeeper's Lounge. It is an ALL AGE forum based on a game. The people posting there were between 8 and 68 years of age... there were 6500+ active members. I was constantly on the lookout for questionable material being posted and I got TONS of flack from the parents of teens and preteens that used the site.

There is more stuff permitted here then I would have ever passed. You people don't seem to realize the responsibility the admins have and the stuff we/they go thru when they have to answer to parents who threaten to remove the kids from the forum... and from the game...

You would be surprised how much a little consideration from the users is appreciated by the admins. If you can't follow the rules then move on to another forum.

Peace :lol:

I see people pushing the limits of good taste everyday and then complaining when the thread gets locked. They then play the victim and complain that the Website is using unnecessary censorship. This is a family site and the name of the game is Geocaching. If you want to post crude and tasteless comments their are other places on the Web to do so.

I see people pushing the limits of good taste everyday and then complaining when the thread gets locked. They then play the victim and complain that the Website is using unnecessary censorship. This is a family site and the name of the game is Geocaching. If you want to post crude and tasteless comments their are other places on the Web to do so.

Way to go TahoeJoe!

First they came for the locationless caches

and I did not speak out — because I did not do locationless caches.

Then they came for the virtuals

and I did not speak out — because I was not into virtuals.

Then they came for the irreverrant posts

and I did not speak out — because I was not reading the irreverant posts.

Then they came for me —

and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

(can I get a "hallelujah"?)

I've taken away ju66l3r... where do you want me to put him?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Anyone who's seriously interested in defending someone's ability to post sexually suggestive photos in a forum about geocaching, keep on postin'. We immediately received a post report about upinyachit's forum topic and responded to it in accordance with the Forum Guidelines.

Main Entry: melo·dra·ma

Pronunciation: 'me-l&-"drä-m&, -"dra-

Function: noun

Etymology: modification of French mélodrame, from Greek melos song + French drame drama, from Late Latin drama

Date: 1809

1 a : a work (as a movie or play) characterized by extravagant theatricality and by the predominance of plot and physical action over characterization b : the genre of dramatic literature constituted by such works

2 : something resembling a melodrama or having a melodramatic quality

- melo·dra·ma·tist /"me-l&-'dra-m&-tist, -'drä-/ noun

Ok, now I've got to come to my husband's defense and let all of you know that he did not post that picture because he refuses to follow the guidelines. I've read a lot of the threads in the forums, especially the long-holding thread "Any funny jokes?", and there were plenty of members not FOLLOWING the guide lines. Seems to me that all you folks just LOVE the melodrama just like the REST of us do; right Jeremy? hehe What's a forum for anyways?

We are in no way considered to be a "threat" to the young cacher. We have put a great deal of time and effort in our hidden caches as well as coming up with THE topic of the forums. We also have four children of our own. This is a cactus, for petes sake! You see worse crap these days on your local TV station!

Anyone see Britney's outfit lately? ;)

Also, for the record, I personally would not have put the picture on and I told him so. He is grounded! LOL

I also would like to add, too, that Duane is an extremely faithful geocacher and "poster" and visits the site ALL THE TIME!!!!! He would not jeopardize his reputation if he thought for a minute the thread was going to be closed!

So, in a nut shell; ya'll didn't have to be THAT rude. We DO have our fans you know!

See ya on the other site sometime;

Candie

Upinyachit

:huh:

Ok, now I've got to come to my husband's defense

I hope he doesn't catch flak for this. :huh:

I've read a lot of the threads in the forums, especially the long-holding thread "Any funny jokes?", and there were plenty of members not FOLLOWING the guide lines.

Yeah, I think I've been slacking on my duties and will start cracking down on that stuff.

We DO have our fans you know!

What does that mean? it was also referenced here in this quote from above:

Sorry I just don't understand this approach. :huh:

Dear UMC,

Why do you find it necessary to still do quotes on what Duane said? It has nothing to do with THE PICTURE!!! Ever since we moved to Colorado, we have been targeted on the forums for what we say. Everyone else seems to say what they want, why the &^^ does everyone make a big stink when Duane is having his say? Rated R? I think not. Watch a PG-13 movie sometime and that cactus will look smaller and smaller!!!! What he is trying to say is that he means no harm to any geocacher; on the contraire; he tries to get everyone and their brothers into it. Is that soooo bad???? We have had geocachers write us and tell us that our caches are the reason they are hooked! B)

Yeah, I think I've been slacking on my duties and will start cracking down on that stuff.

Yes, UMC, you are slacking in your duties. Half of those jokes shouldn't have even made it through, but yet that thread went on forever until YOU guys ran out of room! Duane is right about one thing......the people in these forums are running out of topics and have absolutely nothing better to do but pick on someone who is just trying to make conversation. There's that pesky melodrama again. ;)

Remember back in the day, UMC? You used to deal with the same things on these forums, if I remember correctly. Now YOU know it all huh? Now you will be the hero and put others down to make yourself look better. Hooray for you. ;)

Oh, one more thing. There is no approach, duh. They are facts. :D

Candie

Upinyachit

I would like to see the rules for posting changed to outlaw even more foul stuff. There should not be even a hint of profane, vulgar, or obscene language. I would not allow even suggestions of anything not suitable. Why share your trash on a public forum? If you have a filthy mind, find others like that in a private setting and be just as rotten as you like.

I went from telling R rated jokes to not being able to talk about anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I don't think his argument is that he can't tell R rated jokes. Rather that it went from one extreme to the other. I doubt he's trying to say 'Hey, how come I can't post dirty pictures and tell R rated joke, thats BS?' Of coarse I could be wrong. If your only point IS that you want to post adult only material well you can just go **** yourself you *************** piece of **** no good rotten **** ******, you should be ashamed of yourself you *******!

I guess I told him.

Why is it that all these people keep threatening to go to another site, but keep coming back?

Cache listings on Geocaching.com within 100 miles of Pueblo Colorado: 429

Cache listings on Navicache.com within 100 miles of Pueblo Colorado: 6

Any other questions? ;)

Ooh I wanna play!

Caches with in 100 miles of Brookhaven NY:

Geocaching.com: 1759

Navitrash, oops I mean Navicache.com: 56

Yea baby, I'm sticking with microsof...ah I mean GC.com! :huh:

Ooh I wanna play!

Yea baby, I'm sticking with microsof...ah I mean GC.com! ;)

Boston:

NC: 19

GC: 1483

That's not even enough to round up to 2%....and 1/2 of the directions you can head in from Boston is ocean...

:D:huh:;)

Why is it that all these people keep threatening to go to another site, but keep coming back?

Cache listings on Geocaching.com within 100 miles of Pueblo Colorado: 429

Cache listings on Navicache.com within 100 miles of Pueblo Colorado: 6

Any other questions? :huh:

Ooh I wanna play!

Yea baby, I'm sticking with microsof...ah I mean GC.com! ;)

I remember a time not so long ago when IBM was much, much, much, bigger than Microsoft.

Geo 91 45

Hey another "The mods like to lock every thread, even though it was knowingly off topic and therefore they are oppressive jerks and I'm posting another off topic thread and since I called them oppressive jerks for closing my other thread, if they close this one they will just be proving my point so they probably won't lock it until a few more posts longer than my last ridiculously off topic thread" thread!

Ok, for those who think we like to post nothing but dirty content, JM, has not done their homework, eh? That pic WAS funny, but not appropriate for this particular site. End of story, but let me ask you this....

What the heck do you call this?

If your only point IS that you want to post adult only material well you can just go **** yourself you *************** piece of **** no good rotten **** ******, you should be ashamed of yourself you *******!

Do you eat with that mouth? Same concept, isn't it? :huh: Right back at ya, babe. ;)

As far as threatening to go to another site? We use both sites to get more exposure, not to mention we found the other one first and it is based out of where we are from. We don't play each site against each other like all of you are. Navicache is a great site with decent people. They are fairly new and we like them. To each his own.

Yes, I do believe this thread will be closed soon.

Oh well.

Candie

Upinyachit

;)

Navicache is a great site with decent people. They are fairly new and we like them. To each his own.

Do a whois on navicache.com

Creation date: 09 Feb 2001 18:33:14

They are 6 months younger from the official launch of the Geocaching.com web site.

Maybe they're decent people, but it isn't a "young" site.

As for your quote, please report the user at contact@geocaching.com with any information you can provide. We don't tolerate that kind of abusive behavior.

A side note: Considering that your username is what it is, the name sets the tone for any conversations within these forums. Add the clown and you have your work cut out for you.

Jeremy wrote:

A side note: Considering that your username is what it is, the name sets the tone for any conversations within these forums. Add the clown and you have your work cut out for you.

Now that isn't really necessary is it? Giving someone a rub because of their username? What's that all about? And what about that avatar? There is a moderator of this site that at one time very appropriately used a clown as his avatar and I didn't see you giving him a hard time about it. What's good for the goose...

And you call others childish. Really. Sheesh.

Geo 40E-PT 139

Edit: changed 'at one time who' to 'at one time'.

Edited by Jomarac5
Now that isn't really necessary is it? Giving someone a rub because of their username? What's that all about?

Go fish.

No fish on the menu today. I think we're steering more towards chicken -- or something like it. :huh:

Geo 133 54 121 114

How about Frogs legs?

Geo 39C-M

Edited by RobertM
Jeremy wrote:

Now that isn't really necessary is it? Giving someone a rub because of their username? What's that all about? And what about that avatar? There is a moderator of this site that at one time who very appropriately used a clown as his avatar and I didn't see you giving him a hard time about it. What's good for the goose...

And you call others childish. Really. Sheesh.

Geo 40E-PT 139

J5 please don't talk to Jeremy in that fashion. He's the man and you know it so quit fighting it please.

Edit an extra E somewhere. :huh:

Edited by umc
Ok, for those who think we like to post nothing but dirty content, JM, has not done their homework, eh? That pic WAS funny, but not appropriate for this particular site. End of story, but let me ask you this....

What the heck do you call this?

If your only point IS that you want to post adult only material well you can just go **** yourself you *************** piece of **** no good rotten **** ******, you should be ashamed of yourself you *******!

Do you eat with that mouth? Same concept, isn't it? :huh: Right back at ya, babe. ;)

As far as threatening to go to another site? We use both sites to get more exposure, not to mention we found the other one first and it is based out of where we are from. We don't play each site against each other like all of you are. Navicache is a great site with decent people. They are fairly new and we like them. To each his own.

Yes, I do believe this thread will be closed soon.

Oh well.

Candie

Upinyachit

:D

There just asterisks! And I don't know if the picture was funny because I didn't get a chance to see it! Can you email it to me I'm dying to see it. Actually reading all the reactions was funny I can only imagine what the picture looked like.

BTW, yes I eat with my mouth, how the **** do you eat. ;)

Just asterisks!

umc wrote:

J5 please don't talk to Jeremy in that fashion. He's the man and you know it so quit fighting it please.

Perhaps Jeremy should stop talking to others in the fashion that was exemplified in his post. I don't know if Jeremy is "the man", or even what that really means, but there was no reason for the remark. I'm certainly not fighting anything, just merely pointing out that his comment was quite unwarranted.

But if it'll make everyone feel better, I'm sorry -- really, really sorry.

Edit an extra E somewhere.  :huh: 

???

Geo 18F 25 35

umc wrote:

Perhaps Jeremy should stop talking to others in the fashion that was exemplified in his post. I don't know if Jeremy is "the man", or even what that really means, but there was no reason for the remark. I'm certainly not fighting anything, just merely pointing out that his comment was quite unwarranted.

But if it'll make everyone feel better, I'm sorry -- really, really sorry.

Edit an extra E somewhere.  ;) 

???

Geo 18F 25 35

Yes you are sorry. ;) Just kidding.

The way I see it (and you can call it jaded if you would like) is that J is a reactive character, he doesn't throw any blow first, its someone else.

Think about that, I like to think that I'm the same way, you call me what you want, I'm not going to sit by and take it for to long before reacting.

Its a simple matter of respect and it has to start somewhere and I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bigger man that can bow down and give that respect but the offer won't stay open to long. :huh: