New Owners Required

Lactodorum

Unfortunately Team Nia are no longer involved in Geocaching (sorry to see you go :lol: ) so their caches are now looking for new owners. A list of them can be seen here.

Would anybody willing to become "adoptive parents" please contact me or Eckington so we can make the request of Groundspeak admin. Those in the New Forest will be actioned once/if caches are allowed again by the NF authorities.

ha I forgot about that little episode :D To be honest though, I don't think he EVER wants to go there again. ;):huh:

Hmm yes..

I do indeed have the lid (well I think I still have it somewhere..) but really I don't think the cache position is *particularly* good, mainly because, as Team Nia admitted to me last year, the wooded area it lies within is very very dense and "little-red-riding-hood-and-the-wolf" type of thing at almost any time except the deep winter. This makes it a very variable cache, which really needs its difficulty and terrain ratings modified on a month by month basis as the seasons shift. Those photos on the web page were taken at about the only time of year when the locality does actually look like that. Any other time you need night goggles....

Its not the sort of cache I would place, to be honest, because of the reasons I mention, but if Dan, you want to resurrect it, just be warned that it is likely to be a headache for you to maintain.

;)

Unfortunately it won't be possible to take over Southampton Water Small: the pier that it is (or was) located on got cut in two by a dredger at the end of October! :D

There is still an argument over who's going to pay for a new pier, so I wouldn't hold my breath for access to that particular cache... :)

Given the query of Southampton Water Large possibly being on private land, I think the best thing to do (IMHO) would be to permanantly archive the whole series and then someone can make a new cache in the area.

Edited by Omally
Unfortunately it won't be possible to take over Southampton Water Small: the pier that it is (or was) located on got cut in two by a dredger at the end of October! :)

There is still an argument over who's going to pay for a new pier, so I wouldn't hold my breath for access to that particular cache... :D

Well - the dredger company are paying for the repairs & at the last look - today - the hole has now been filled & I assume that they are now putting the finishing touches to the pier in time for the New Year as the ferry's temporary home won't be available then.

So I would think that Soton Water small will be available again in the near future and we get our ferry back in the proper place. Well, I do enjoy going on the little train!!!

Sarah x

Yay! It's a gorgeous little pier and the train is only the longest pier-train in the world! :) As such, it's good news indeed to hear the damage is soon to be rectified! Thanks for that, Sarah. :D

Maybe if another location and some clue-changing can be done, Soton Water Large can get sorted out properly too then the series can be re-enabled... Hmmm, sounds like a worthy task for the new year! :D

Edited by Omally