A Rumor Of Your Own.

Criminal

I heard that TPTB are considering adding a forum area for Charter Members only. It will only be visible to Charter members who are logged in, thus no feelings will be hurt since non Charter members will not even know that this area exists.

Rumor has it that any future developemnts to the website will be discussed there first, gathering the combined knowledge and opinions of the long time members of the geocaching community, rather than making blanket changes based on opinions of the few, or the new.

Rumor has it that "hamstercaching" does not happen any more. I am writing to set the record straight.

It's true that leaving a live hamster in a cache presents special challenges during the cold weather months, and also that the recent glut of microcaches makes it a lot harder to find caches that are hamster-appropriate. Therefore, I'll not be leaving any more hamsters as trade items until next spring. Hopefully by then, there will be a new batch of larger-sized caches where I can then leave my signature item.

But it is NOT true that The Leprechauns have discontinued their practice of having an unusual signature item. We've been hard at work on an alternative that overcomes both of the problems described above. Stay tuned for the announcement!

I heard that TPTB are considering adding a forum area for Charter Members only. It will only be visible to Charter members who are logged in, thus no feelings will be hurt since non Charter members will not even know that this area exists.

Rumor has it that any future developemnts to the website will be discussed there first, gathering the combined knowledge and opinions of the long time members of the geocaching community, rather than making blanket changes based on opinions of the few, or the new.

Now that one we can eliminate as baseless... :lol:

Now that one we can eliminate as baseless... :lol:

Rumor has it that all discussion of this alleged will be vigorously denied.

30296_400.gif30296_1700.gif

The first rule of the Charter-Member Only Forum is - you do not talk about the Charter-Member Only Forum. The second rule of the Charter-Member Only Forum is - you DO NOT talk about the Charter-Member Only Forum.

Rumor has it that I posted to this thread yesterday, but my post was deleted and I have no idea why -- did not get any comment, email, ... nothing.

For the record, my post said "I heard a rumor that there are not really any admins or moderators, they are just computer programs developed by (government agency name) for use on a covert operation by the (another government agency that recently has been kicking geocachers off their land) to get us to hide caches so they can take them and spoil our fun" [or something close to this]

It would have been good to know what was offensive -- probably the names of the government agencies

:lol:

Rumor has it that I posted to this thread yesterday, but my post was deleted and I have no idea why -- did not get any comment, email, ... nothing.

For the record, my post said "I heard a rumor that there are not really any admins or moderators, they are just computer programs developed by (government agency name) for use on a covert operation by the (another government agency that recently has been kicking geocachers off their land) to get us to hide caches so they can take them and spoil our fun" [or something close to this]

It would have been good to know what was offensive -- probably the names of the government agencies

Rumor has it that the thread you posted to was actually locked, and this is a new one.

Rumor has it that the thread you posted to was actually locked, and this is a new one.

OK, that makes more sense.

Thanks !

OK, that makes more sense.

Thanks !

rumor has it that if you go here you find your "deleted" thread.