Geocaching Lovers Need Help!!!

CAKoala

I just voted from another computer, they are ahead by 9 votes!!! Hurry! Help them win! I'll bring this thread up in the chat.

6. Finally 48.3% (310 Votes)

4. Geocaching for Love 46.9% (301 Votes)

2. Extra Extra 2.3% (15 Votes)

1. Truly Blessed 1.5% (10 Votes)

3. The Last Straw 0.4% (3 Votes)

5. Fairy Tale A Love Story 0.3

Ok folks, I don't know how this other person is managing to come up with 323 friends. But if everyone who views this post votes once that should do it. After all 1500 people have viewed this thread so far, it won't cost you anything to vote and it would help a Geocacher. I'd really hate to see the Geocaching story lose by such a slim margin.

Edited by magellan315
Ok folks, I don't know how this other person is managing to come up with 323 friends. But if everyone who views this post votes once that should do it. After all 1500 people have viewed this thread so far, it won't cost you anything to vote and it would help a Geocacher. I'd really hate to see the Geocaching story lose by such a slim margin.

Maybe they have a bunch of efriends like this and are using a similar tactic...I suspect that both couples are using the same tactic. Just my opinion.

Funny how the community here is too honest about small-to-medium amounts of money (Using this website without paying $30? Freeloader! Copying $100 topo software? Thief!) but once it is about $2500 diamond ring, the moral restrictions get adjusted.

No offense meant to voters who read the story, liked it and voted once.

Funny how the community here is too honest about small-to-medium amounts of money (Using this website without paying $30? Freeloader! Copying $100 topo software? Thief!) but once it is about $2500 diamond ring, the moral restrictions get adjusted.

No offense meant to voters who read the story, liked it and voted once.

So, ummmm, we don't each get a $2500 diamond ring? Oh, man!! What a bummer! ;)

Nope, wouldn't let me vote again. And we're three votes behind right now.

You do realize that it's no longer a matter of which story is the most romantic, it's a battle of the posters!

Basically, just good clean fun. Believe me, if I were the blushing bride to be (um yeah, it could happen!), I'd be hitting up every internet group I ever frequent and stirring up support.

So, call yer buds and get them voting!

Currently tied at 365.

There are 50 computers at work that I can vote from....don't make me need to do it though. I would have to log into each one separately and wait for them to load up (they are very slow). Please everyone take the extra second to vote. I'm outta easy fast computers.

hmm.... better start warming up the dinosaurs! ;)

Wow, something is up here. Last months winner had 38 votes. The month before the winner had 13. There' almost 800 votes between these two! Funny thing is that Finally! is probably the lamest of all the competetion.

So do you think that you could have came up with anything better than that? I personally thought that it was very thoughtful and romantic...but I also feel the same way about Geocaching.

With dial up I find I get a new ISP every time I log off so I can vote as often as I want to log off. I think we'll need close to 1000 votes in order to win this thing.

4. Geocaching for Love 48.5% (415 Votes)

6. Finally 47.5% (406 Votes)

We have a lead but it won't last if we don't keep after it.

Yuppers...I've got Dinosaur Dial-Up, and can vote everytime I log off, too.......This is the first time I've logged off in 2 months, though! Geez, I need to get back to work in the shop, too much PC time! ;)

What is this Dial up of which you speak? Is some how related to this VCR my father talks about?

Back to the topic. My IP at work just changed so I rang in another vote.

Dinosaur Dial-Up uses a series of strings attached to tin cans to communicate analog data from one point to another, according to drawings found on cave walls and an obscure reference in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

BTW: Voted again!

Now I get it...

Actually, I am running satellite broad band. And I do get a different IP evertime I log off. 3 times this morning = 3 votes. I just have too much junk chasing around at start up. Take about 2 minutes for all the messenagers, weatherbug and etc to load up.

HAY! anything for amour!!! ;)

4. Geocaching for Love 48.8% (420 Votes)

6. Finally 47.2% (406 Votes)

Waaaahoooo! :D

bump.gif

I think that this really has turned into Geocachers vs. "Unknowen Forum". It would be fun to find out what Chat or ?? area they are using to generate votes! Since I am stuck with static IP's (read that "all voted out") Let me give the rest of you a little computer lesson.

If your connected directly to your DSL or Cable Modem, try the following:

Click the start button (this assumes windows not Mac)

click on "run"

If you are Windows 95, 98, 98 second edition, or ME then type "winipcfg" (without the "'s) and click "OK"

Now when the little window comes up, there will be a button that says "renew". Every time you click this it should give you a different IP address. So, click, vote, click, vote...

If you are Windows NT, 2000, XP or 2003 then type "cmd" (without the "'s) and click "OK". A black window with white text will appear. In the black window type "ipconfig /renew" (without the "'s) and press the "enter" key. After a little think time it should give you a new IP Address. Then you can vote again. To easily repeat the typing in the black window, just press your keyboards "up arrow" key and it will fill in the text again.

This does NOT work if you have one of those "Broadband Routers" between your computer and the DSL/Cable modem. There are ways to get these to "renew" their address, but it is not as easy. Drop me a line at info@DogHike.org if you would like to try.

In the mean time, here is the Voting URL again: Diamond Cutter Intl - Voting Page

:)

bump.gif

I think that this really has turned into Geocachers vs. "Unknowen Forum". It would be fun to find out what Chat or ?? area they are using to generate votes! Since I am stuck with static IP's (read that "all voted out") Let me give the rest of you a little computer lesson.

If your connected directly to your DSL or Cable Modem, try the following:

Click the start button (this assumes windows not Mac)

click on "run"

If you are Windows 95, 98, 98 second edition, or ME then type "winipcfg" (without the "'s) and click "OK"

Now when the little window comes up, there will be a button that says "renew". Every time you click this it should give you a different IP address. So, click, vote, click, vote...

If you are Windows NT, 2000, XP or 2003 then type "cmd" (without the "'s) and click "OK". A black window with white text will appear. In the black window type "ipconfig /renew" (without the "'s) and press the "enter" key. After a little think time it should give you a new IP Address. Then you can vote again. To easily repeat the typing in the black window, just press your keyboards "up arrow" key and it will fill in the text again.

This does NOT work if you have one of those "Broadband Routers" between your computer and the DSL/Cable modem. There are ways to get these to "renew" their address, but it is not as easy. Drop me a line at info@DogHike.org if you would like to try.

In the mean time, here is the Voting URL again: Diamond Cutter Intl - Voting Page

:)

This is all so wrong, it's right! And since we're being only very slightly underhanded at this, if I knew what forum or chatroom the opposing team was using, I could, err, umm....a friend of a friend of mine could sink a bomb into their server's smokestack. Not that I would condone that sort of thing....or even know how to do that ....or even really know anyone that could do that......heheheheheheheheh :)