Protecting Your PDA GPS?

Much has been said regarding the durability of PDA units "in the field." Given their relative fragile-ness when compared to true GPS units, what provisions have you made to protect your PDA?

I'm going paperless and just bought an Axim. I plan to use it with a CF GPS card. I was thinking of using a neck strap to try and prevent dropping it. Any other suggestions?

My cache-page PDA is an iPaq 3650 that is kept in an InnoPocket aluminum case. I don't use it with a GPS though, just for cache pages. I can keep it in my pocket(s) w/o worry of crushing the screen. Check out aximcases.com or ipaqcases.com (where I got mine, if you have an iPaq)

I've had a Rhino Skin aluminum holster for my iPAQ since before I started caching. I just use that. If I need both hands for climbing or something I stick the whole case in my front pocket. If there is the possiblity I might fall into water (crossing a creek by walking over a downed tree), I slip the whole thing along with the GPS into a heavy duty zip lock. I go through one WriteShield screen protector every couple of months. So far I have over 50 finds and no incidents <knock on wood>.

Edited by EarlyMorningHours

Like Team VCR, I have a Zire 71 and a Proporta Al case, essentially identical to the Innopocket case. I also have an old M105 that has a bad backup capacitor, and I'm thinking of putting Plucker and my cache pages on it and carrying it to the caches, leaving my Zire 71 in the truck. I have too much stuff on the Z71 to leave it home (GPS software among others), but I don't need everything while I'm walking to the cache, and if I ruin the M105, it isn't that big a loss.

I use the yellow hard case OTTER BOX from REI for storage and transporting. Of course these are no good when my GPS is actually in use. But, for travel and protection these boxes are top notch. I have travelled to Mexico, Peru, and out to California and the boxes have been bullett proof. I am interested in seeing something that I can use while my GPS is in use.