Spell Checker

Pantalaimon

Hi. :( My name is Pantalaimon. :D I'm a bad speller.

:D

It seems that most every type of email account has a spell checker program built in. What type of work would it be to install a spell checker in a forum? I have no idea about these things, I'm not even sure its realistic... but I bet SOMEONE out there knows the possibilities.

It just seems like it would fit in up there among all the font/size/color/etc. buttons.

Hi. :( My name is Pantalaimon. :D I'm a bad speller.

It seems that most every type of email account has a spell checker program built in. What type of work would it be to install a spell checker in a forum? I have no idea about these things, I'm not even sure its realistic... but I bet SOMEONE out there knows the possibilities.

It just seems like it would fit in up there among all the font/size/color/etc. buttons.

Depending on the browser you use, you might want to look into IE Spell, a free spell checker that intergrates into IE.

How about adding a Dialectizer!!

What is a Dialectizer??

Here is Pantalaimon's orginal post after it had been converted to help a redneck understand. Now mind you, the use of the word redneck is not meant as a slur but as a description of a particular inflection or dialect of the english language...

Howdy-doo. Mah name is Pantalaimon, as enny fool kin plainly see. ah's a bad speller. It seems thet most ev'ry type of email account has a spell checker program built in, as enny fool kin plainly see. Whut in tarnation type of wawk'd it be t'install a spell checker in a fo'um? ah have no idea about these thin's, ah's not even sho'nuff its realistic... but ah bet SOMEONE out thar knows th' postibilities. It jest seems like it'd fit in up thar among all th' font/size/colo'/etc. buttons.

I spell doesn't work. I have to tell it what is right and not. I'm constantly hitting the 'add' button to add words to the dictionary. Words like; geocaching, geocacher, ROFLMAO, travelbug, etc, etc.. ;) I did have to add ect BTW. :huh:

Seriously, I just found that program recently in a thread around here like someone else mentioned and its great, saves me frequent trips to dictionary.com

Edited by umc