Fun But Irresponsible Cache Idea

mishapman

Here's my idea for a fun, but ultimately asking for a lawsuit cache...

Fill your stash with airplane bottles of liquor! Bring as many in, as you wish to take out.

Ahhh...if only there was a way to prevent teenagers from going and emptying 10 mini-booze bottles down there throat and having their parents sue me.

Here's my idea for a fun, but ultimately asking for a lawsuit cache...

Fill your stash with airplane bottles of liquor! Bring as many in, as you wish to take out.

Ahhh...if only there was a way to prevent teenagers from going and emptying 10 mini-booze bottles down there throat and having their parents sue me.

It's been done. Of course, it wasn't an "approved" cache, but there was one like this at a recent event cache we attended. :(

I guess there are no original ideas any more. (laughs) I'm just a newbie who found his first cache last week. I didn't even know there was such a thing as an event cache, but that'd be the way to do it. You can control the access to adults for a limited time.

Is this original? Instead of a travel bug, make a travel cache? Put something in, take something out, and move the whole darned thing.

Welcome to geocaching! We appreciate your good humor and enthusiasm. But, I do want to direct you to the Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines, which address both the subject of placing alcohol in a cache (don't, except for special events as described above) and the subject of moving caches (they used to be allowed, and you may see one of the "grandfathered" moving caches pass through your area, but no new ones will be listed).

I'm tucking my tail between my legs, taking my GPS, and going home. All my ideas are verboten. (laughs)

I would never do an alcohol cache where kids could access it. I wouldn't want to have anyone get hurt. It was just a frivolous idea.

I'm guessing moving caches just too difficult to track.

Thanks for the link to the guidelines.

I'm tucking my tail between my legs, taking my GPS, and going home. All my ideas are verboten. (laughs)

I would never do an alcohol cache where kids could access it. I wouldn't want to have anyone get hurt. It was just a frivolous idea.

Thanks for the link to the guidelines.

Don't worry, we can tell you're just having fun. But your ideas (even if others have thought of them before) show that you're thinking like a creative cache hider already. I'm sure you'll have no problem coming up with some fun caches to hide once you've learned the ropes!

Moving caches were banned partly because there is no control over where the cache is moved to. While the person that moves the cache might be well-intentioned, replacing the cache goes around the whole approval process. Without the approvers, there is no one there to see if it is placed in a bad area (such as near railroad tracks, private property, within 0.1 miles of another cache, etc)

Moving caches were banned partly because there is no control over where the cache is moved to. While the person that moves the cache might be well-intentioned, replacing the cache goes around the whole approval process. Without the approvers, there is no one there to see if it is placed in a bad area (such as near railroad tracks, private property, within 0.1 miles of another cache, etc)

Also, there's the problem of cache maintenance. As the moving cache travels farther from the cache owner, it becomes more difficult to maintain.

--Marky

I actualy have a cache built and ready to place. I got one of those voice message project cards from Radio Shack hooked up a contact switch and glued the whole thing so that opening the ammo box would activate the circuit. I recorded a scary ghost sound from scarysound.com or some such. I have never placed it because I thought it might be a little to much for some senior or little kid.

I actualy have a cache built and ready to place. I got one of those voice message project cards from Radio Shack hooked up a contact switch and glued the whole thing so that opening the ammo box would activate the circuit. I recorded a scary ghost sound from scarysound.com or some such. I have never placed it because I thought it might be a little to much for some senior or little kid.

I have two caches that have sound modules in them. One is in he field already and the other is ready to go. The already placed ones uses a sound module from a dollar store toy cell phone and makes a lot of 'phone sounds and then asks "Hello, can I help you?" It's called GC Phone Home.

I don't want to say too much about the other one at this stage.

G(eo) C(acher) Phone Home

Around here we don't have a little bottle stash. However, we do have a cache that you bring an unscratched one dollar lottery ticket and exchange it for the one that is in there. I was a loser :huh: , but so was the person who picked up the one I left ;)

That's a great idea. Can you contribute to the delinquency of a minor by supplying him with lotto tickets?

For my fictitious little bottle cache, maybe I could camp out beside it and ask for IDs.

Are these items considered "illicit" for themes? backup copies of DVDs, fingernail clippings (leave only...well you could take too if you desired), guns WITHOUT the illicit ammo, appropriately censored girly magazines with illicit areas blacked or cut out, condoms, term papers, a CD-Rs with a copy of all the male enhancement spam I've received over the past year...

Seriously, though, maybe I'll get a big ammo can and put a bunch of Stephen King, Dale Brown, and Tom Clancy paperbacks in it, and a $10 Barnes and Noble gift certificate for the first finder.

I have two caches that have sound modules in them. One is in he field already and the other is ready to go. The already placed ones uses a sound module from a dollar store toy cell phone and makes a lot of 'phone sounds and then asks "Hello, can I help you?" It's called GC Phone Home.

I don't want to say too much about the other one at this stage.

G(eo) C(acher) Phone Home

Isn't it funny how all the really smart people think just like I do?

;);):huh:

.....fingernail clippings.....

OK, fascinating post, looks like a person who could be a great asset to caching in general. But for one thing! I see right through you buddy.

You are not going to get away with this one - no way. I have met your type before. I am going to blow your cover. The quote above gives it all away. Try to woo us all into a false sense of security huh?

It's VOODOO isn't it! Collect the clippings, make little wax dolls, yeah, I got you worked out. Well, you are not getting MY nail clippings for one!

Watch out for this one folks! It's gonna be locks of hair next, wait and see.

;)

Bug and Snake??? Name like that, you sound like someone who might know about voodoo. (laughs). And you guys are worried about me?

I never would have thought that geocaching would be so fun. My twins really like the little doodads I bring home. At two and a half, they aren't too big on the hunt.

I never would have thought that geocaching would be so fun. My twins really like the little doodads I bring home. At two and a half, they aren't too big on the hunt.

Get'em their own GPSr and attach it to their tricycles, they'll be out finding more than you!

;)

On topic....just a note: Never try to log a locationless cache that is the front grill of a Mack Truck doing 70mph. (That's a lorry, for our friends in the UK).