Accounts Watching

crabtrees

On the cache page, in the upper right corner, there is a link you can click to "Watch This Cache". That means, that whenever anyone logs the cache, or a note is posted about it, you will receive an email telling you about it. That's so you can keep track of any interesting caches you've found, and read other people's logs and experiences involved with the cache.

Edited by Sparky-Watts
PLEASE INFORM ME AS TO WHAT IT MEANS THAT " 2 ACCOUNTS ARE WATCHING A PARTICULAR CACHE, OR 3 OR ANY MULTIPLE OTHER THAN THE PERSON WHO HID THE CACHE ORIGINALLY.

THIS INFORMATION SHOWS UP IN THE UPPER RIGHT OF A THE CACHE DESCRIPTION PAGE.

THANKS, CRABTREES

it just means that whenever any activity happens to that particular cache like someone logs as found or not found or whatever, they get an automatic e-mail notification letting them know.It is usefull to find out about TB'S or just to read the logs or maybe to find out if it comes up missing maybe so you dont go looking for it. Just click on watch this cache on any cache that you are interested in and you will be notified every time that cache page gets any type of log.

PLEASE INFORM ME AS TO WHAT IT MEANS THAT " 2 ACCOUNTS ARE WATCHING A PARTICULAR CACHE, OR 3 OR ANY MULTIPLE OTHER THAN THE PERSON WHO HID THE CACHE ORIGINALLY.

THIS INFORMATION SHOWS UP IN THE UPPER RIGHT OF A THE CACHE DESCRIPTION PAGE.

THANKS, CRABTREES

FYI - It's considered bad form to post in all-caps. That's usually reserved for when you want to SHOUT at someone.

(And just to take a preemptive strike at another question: No, it's not possible to find out who is watching a cache.)

You might wonder why anybody would watch a cache. Here is why I put a watch on a cache.

New caches, just to see who logs the first to find.

Caches I placed with someone else where they "own" the cache.

Event caches, just to see who is going.

Travelling caches, so I can try to catch up with the %#^%# thing.

Caches I logged as CNF (could not find), if others log finds I go back and try again. If they get archived I feel better about my cach finding ability.

By The Way you might check out this link for more on nettiquette. This site is more e-mail oriented but many of the rules apply.

And just to take a preemptive strike at another question: No, it's not possible to find out who is watching a cache.

It's possible, although not 100 % certain. If you really want to know who's watching your cache, you can post a polite note to your cache page where you ask the watchers to tell you who they are. It's been known to work, but of course not all will necessarily reply.