Pocket Query Question

WARTIDE

Do any of you know how to keep archived caches from showing up in a pocket query. My wife and I unsuccessfully looked for a couple of caches on a recent day trip only to find out they had been archived. The pocket query I use now sends me the 500 nearest caches to my home. I then put the query into cachemate on my palm. I also have cachemate set to show 1 past log. However, I found out while trying to log these archived caches, cachemate doesn't show notes only Finds/DNF's in the past logs.

Any easy way to not include archived caches in my pocket query or in cachemate?

WARTIDE

Either the cacehs are being archived from the time the PQ was made and the time you used it. Are you sure they are archived and not disabled? Archived ones should not be showing up in your PQ's (at least I haven't seen any) and i'm not sure about disabled ones. I think disabled ones don't show up either. Just looked at my PQ and disabled don't show up either. I know for a fact because there is a disabled one down the road and it's not showing up in the PQ.

I use a pocket pc and the GPxview program. Your results may vary.

Do any of you know how to keep archived caches from showing up in a pocket query. My wife and I unsuccessfully looked for a couple of caches on a recent day trip only to find out they had been archived. The pocket query I use now sends me the 500 nearest caches to my home. I then put the query into cachemate on my palm. I also have cachemate set to show 1 past log. However, I found out while trying to log these archived caches, cachemate doesn't show notes only Finds/DNF's in the past logs.

Any easy way to not include archived caches in my pocket query or in cachemate?

WARTIDE

As someone else mentioned, archived caches don't show up in GPX files. Sounds like whatever reader you're using isn't clearing out old data.

:( Thanks for all the replies. I went back and checked my pocket query page and found that I had not checked the "Is Active" box. Oh well, another geo lesson learned I guess. Thanks for all the replies, I'll get my new query tomorrow and load it up on the palm and see what happens.

You guys are great.

Wartide