New To N NJ, Looking To Make Geocaching Buddies.

Jove

I just moved up here to North New Jersey from Miami and I am looking to make some friends for Geocaching. I will check back on this post, but I can be reached on AIM at the screen name "Poki D Clown" or my e-mail at jove@bellsouth.net .

Edited by jove

To geocache in New Jersey, you need to apply for a Geocache ID. Plus a Geocache Seeking Permit for every cache you want to attempt. Fingerprints, retina scan, two references, an FBI background check, a urine sample, a DNA sample, $150 in small unmarked bills (no consecutive serial numbers,) and an extremely long delay are mandatory. Contact your local police department to start the humiliation process.

Welcome to New Jersey!

Edited by Team Og Rof A Klaw

That was was my second cache try and I searched for 45 minutes until going onto another cache. I couldn't find it. I went all up and down where I believe it's supposed to be with no luck. I sent an e-mail to "The Artfull Dodger" asking for a little help.

Team Og is correct, but failed to mention the GPS purchase permit, map download tax, geoclipping tariff, and multicache hunting stamps. Be prepared to be viewed as a criminal as you park for your cache hunts. You know geocaching is a major threat to the security of the NJ populus. DO NOT commit the capital offense of using an ammo box for a cache container.

Keep your eyes on these boards, watch for upcoming get togethers and you will meet wonderful people in this sport.

Ya know, Marty, someone should put together an "Application Process" multi. Something with about seventy-eight stages, in which the last few start sending you back to the earlier ones. :(

Oh, yeah. If you do Melvin's Multiple Madness, you'll likely meet some great folks and have (and provide) hours of mud-slogging fun. :D

Edited by Team Og Rof A Klaw