I Can't Get Beyond The First Cashe Page

Squonkpups

Web TV can't run Java or PDF files only good ol' HTML as it is just a set top browser, not a computer and can't download. I don't have this problem on other forums. Too bad. Why can't the webmaster include HTML so everyone can use this site to it's fullest?

Java and Java Script are two different things. Java Script is embedded in the html, and doesn't require downloading, just a browser that can interpret it.

From what I've read, WebTV does support Java Script, but it's not a full implementation. So if there's code in the page that WebTV can't handle, the navagation will probably fail.

There's no real reason for the navagation links to be written this way, except to attempt to prevent automated programs from navagating the site.

I don't know squat about Web TV set top browsers. I sent you some information via email yesterday that I hope will help you. But please also try using the URL list I sent you earlier today. I hope the links work for you. If your Web TV browser won't link directly to the various pages using the emailed URL links I guess you're stuck with entering them one at a time.

If you don't have a computer, and you only need one for geocaching, I'd like to recommend you find an old computer running on a Windows platform (no older than Windows '95) that you can use to connect with the Internet. Computers of that type are available in my neighborhood for free, and I'm sure you could find one that's at least dirt cheap. Connect to the Web through a cheap ISP (Juno, Blue Light, etc) and download EasyGPS (or similar software) to your machine. Then, sign up with Groundspeak as a Premium Member.

You'll be amazed at how many of your geocaching file handling problems can be solved with that formula. Good luck... :ph34r: