Cheap Bfl's

Gorak

If you're in the Vancouver area and are interested in night caching, I just discovered a really good deal on BFL's. KMS Tools in Coquitlam (right across the street from Ikea) has cordless quartz-halogen BFL, "regularly" $44.95, on for $19.95 for the month of December and for $14.95 on Dec. 5 & 6. Specs are:

- Quartz-halogen

- 1,000,000 candlepower

- 6-volt lead-acid battery

- 12-volt cigarette lighter charger adapter

- AC charger adapter

WOW. That's a pretty good deal. Are they all 1 million candle power? I prefer the 1/2 million candle power as there is much more 'on' time (I get 70 minutes with mine). But for 15 bucks that's an excellent price. I'll be picking one up.

Thanks for letting us know about this deal.

The Wet Coast Explorers wrote:

With a couple of night cachers carrying these Quartz-halogen million candlepower ones we could light up the whole forest!

I don't know about a forest, but I do know that when we were on the Beyond the Elbow to the Top of the Arm event cache there were four or five of us with BFLs who lit up Granite Falls pretty good at about 11:00PM (didn't hurt that we were a bit 'lit up' ourselves).

We also lit up the Wigwam Inn pretty good from across the bay which is a couple of kilometres away.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Up The Creek episode. That was a good BFL story -- I got a bang out of that one.

RobertM and I once BFLed a large group of teenagers partying at Crescent Beach while on a night cache -- should have seen those kids run as the night sky lit up -- they must have thought we were the cops or something. It was quite funny.

BFL's are for wimps! When I was a kid, we used a hand-cranked generator to give us a whopping 14 candle-power glow so we could find our way home from school. Then we'd do chores by candle and/or moonlight. Yep, uh-uh. Then we'd get up 1/2 an hour before we went to bed and do it all over again.

RobertM and I once BFLed a large group of teenagers partying at Crescent Beach while on a night cache -- should have seen those kids run as the night sky lit up -- they must have thought we were the cops or something. It was quite funny.

Lol - we lit up a beach party one night with our 3,000,000 candlepower DBBFL's. Boy were they freaked :P

I don't know about a forest, but I do know that when we were on the Beyond the Elbow to the Top of the Arm event cache there were four or five of us with BFLs who lit up Granite Falls pretty good at about 11:00PM (didn't hurt that we were a bit 'lit up' ourselves).

The references to medicinals continue, and at least they aren't directed at me.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up meds Zuuky -- you must have some obsession with them. I'll step out on a limb and assume that the phrase 'lit up' got you all excited. While that may be the case or not, in no way did I infer that anyone was 'medicated'. When we lit up the falls we were however standing beside a very large campfire that was illuminating all of us quite brightly as we enjoyed a nice malt beverage. :P

I can't understand why when no one is making any reference to meds or medications that you keep bringing up the subject. Perhaps you're being a bit para... no, never mind. I wouldn't want you to take that the wrong way.

On the topic of this thread, thanks to The Wet Coaster Explorers for the heads up on the BFLs being sold out -- it saved me a trip over there this morning. And thanks to Gorak for bringing this to our attention.

Zuuky wrote:

Well then... I guess no one will have a problem at 'the border'...

You really are a bit of a paradox Zuuky, but I'm glad that you're over bringing up the meds so much (I hope). I just went back over all the posts in this thread and don't see anything mentioned about borders or see how borders might pertain to this thread so it looks like your post is completely off-topic. Can you please try to keep your posts on topic so that it doesn't confuse the rest of us? This one is about BFLs.

Zuuky it's really not all that nice to change nearly all of your post *after* someone has responded to it. I mean really, your original post in it's entirety (when I responded) was:

Well then... I guess no one will have a problem at 'the border'...

I'll bet even the forum moderators would agree that doing that is quite wrong.

Anyway, perhaps this topic should be closed by Gorak, considering the BFLs are no longer available.