Why The Frog Theme?

Nifflers like to burrow in the ground and really like shiny items.

Nifflers live way down under ground. If you had one at your house,

it would probably take and hide watches, rings, pins and anything shiny.

If you had a piggy bank, the Niffler would steal all your shiny coins.

Nifflers have been mistaken for Giant Anteaters. However, the Niffler

is much shorter and quite a bit longer. Their fave thing is gold.

It's the burrow thing. Actually TPTB were going to use the Niffler as their log until the whole burrow thing came up. The rules clearly state that caches can not be buried. Plus they're kinda ugly too.

I agree -- the frogs have no connection with geocaching, and as such, should not be allowed on these forum pages. Posts that use frogs should be deleted by the moderators as including material that is 'off topic.'

But seriously -- the frogs are quite silly, and I never use them. In contrast, there is a wide range of additional smiley faces (e.g., Santa smileys) available on other sites -- why not expand the selection of these quys?

:rolleyes:

Drat -- I just used a frog !

:unsure:

No offense taken. I'm pretty darn ugly. How else to explain all the time I have available to spend at Geocaching.com?

I'm just a volunteer TPTB wannabe. The REAL TPTB are all quite good looking. Perhaps this explains Sept1c Tank's fixation with their pictures.

If you don't think frogs are geocaching-related, you really must try finding more geocaches in swamps, bayous and mud bogs. Just don't croak!

Edited by Keystone Approver
Perhaps this explains Sept1c Tank's fixation with their pictures.

Allow me to clearify my fixation.

First, I am not merely wowed by the glamour of TPTB. Case in point: I have posted several photos of 9Key and mtn-man! :rolleyes:

The simple truth is, I believe, in this cyber-media we're all caught up in, it is nice to place a face with a name.

I mean, if everyone just associated hydee with a frog, how could you respect anything she says. Now, we all know she is a big-hair-redhead. Isn't it a lot easier to accept what she says, knowing that?

BTW, Keystone, do you have any photos of yourself? :unsure::blink:

Og Rof a Klaw, I demand the immediate deletion of that image. Even though I am a Groundspeak volunteer, I maintain both my right of privacy and my copyright to my own photos.

EDIT: Sept1c Tank, they are out there on the website, you just need to be a better detective. My player account identity is not kept secret, I just choose not to make a big deal out of it. OK... for the dozens/hundreds of you who know who I really am, please don't tell Sept1c Tank... make him work for it.

Edited by Keystone Approver

Running a web site that exclusively uses a certain type of technology (GPS) to play this hobby/activity/sport (etc), we have struggled with a way to represent GPS without adopting themes specific to an individual manufacturer. If you've messed with enough GPS units and I were to draw one, it would hint to one model or another. And as models change, become smaller, get integrated into phones, etc, the image of what GPS is (and the technology that uses it) will become fuzzy.

Therefore, we decided a while back to determine a mascot that represents GPS technology. This mascot would combine nature with technology, since that's the point to get across - No longer do you need to sit shackled to a computer monitor to combine interests in pc gaming and the outdoors.

:rolleyes: Signal the frog was the creature of choice. Almost anywhere on the planet you can find a frog of one form or another. It is universally known, and in many cultures represents genesis, transformation, fertility, and rain (For those familiar with Seattle). The antenna represents a combination of technology to nature, which is what geocaching is all about. The color green is also the color of technology, and Seattle is called the Emerald City because of the beautiful evergreens in our area.

Edited by Jeremy
Og Rof a Klaw, I demand the immediate deletion of that image.  Even though I am a Groundspeak volunteer, I maintain both my right of privacy and my copyright to my own photos.

EDIT:  Sept1c Tank, they are out there on the website, you just need to be a better detective.  My player account identity is not kept secret, I just choose not to make a big deal out of it.  OK... for the dozens/hundreds of you who know who I really am, please don't tell Sept1c Tank... make him work for it.

But what if he bribes us with pictures of Hydee that have not already been posted?

Edited by DeskJocky
ammo2.gif

Gee. An ammo can.

What rolls down stairs,

Alone or in pairs,

Rolls over your neighbor's dog?

What's great for a snack,

And fits on your back,

It's Log..Log..Log!!

It's Lo-og, Lo-og

It's big, it's heavy

It's wood!

It's Lo-og, Lo-og

It's better than bad

It's good!!!

Everyone wants a Log

You're gonna love it Log

Come on and get your Log

Everyone needs a Log

Log from Blammo!

Still trying to figure out the relationship between the poetry, the frog and the ammo can though. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Ren & Stimpy :unsure:

log != ammo can != frog

I guess we could have stuck legs on an ammo can, but that seems a tad bit specific. Most folks outside the US wouldn't get it. Make it dance and I may reconsider.

Signal the frog was the creature of choice. Almost anywhere on the planet you can find a frog of one form or another.

Same with nifflers. But they're even more appropriate, because the muggles can't find 'em anywhere on the planet.

Hmmmm... an ammo box cache with froggy legs... has possibilities...

Edited by Team Og Rof A Klaw