Geoteaming - What Should I Put On The Front Page?

bigkid

Hi, I'm bigkid, the CEO of PlayTime Inc., the Exclusive GeoTeaming Provider recognized by Geocaching.com.

Yeah, that's us on the front page of geocaching.com. Yes, it's true we pay for that privilege, but hey, it's supports the website getting better. Yeah, it's our goal to find more corporate team building events so we can keep paying geocaching.com.

I want to change what's on the front page to involve more players, but I'd like to hear what others have to say about what I can do with that space since you have to see it every day.

Here are some of the current ideas:

* "Paid To Play" - We offer a per diem of cash or possibly geocaching.com gift certificates to local geocachers who help us with a local event. We would also pay if a local geocacher referred us to a company that turned into an event. We also work with local geocachers to help design courses and setup events.

* "Become a GeoTech" - We want to start a database of people we can contact when we go to certain cities.

* "GeoTeaming Caches" - When we work with certain companies, we usually arrange to create a memorial cache that we can post on the site, should we feature it here?

* "Cache of the Month" - We'd take nominations and select a cache of the month for creativity and use of team work.

* "Cacher of the Month" - Publish the best story of team work and leadership while attempting to find a Geocache?

* ???? - Your idea here!

Let me know which of these ideas suck and which you think would add value to you. First comments by Dec will see updates most likely in Jan.

Thanks and I hope you find the marriage of getting corporations to pay for GeoTeaming to support geocaching.com a good partnership!

-bigkid

* "Become a GeoTech" - We want to start a database of people we can contact when we go to certain cities.

Rather than contacting specific individuals, why not work with some of the state organizations to help you run local events? We can generally provide more people and could use the donation (which may tax-deductable for you!) as opposed to paying individual people?

Rather than contacting specific individuals, why not work with some of the state organizations to help you run local events? We can generally provide more people and could use the donation (which may tax-deductable for you!) as opposed to paying individual people?

I had the distinct pleasure of working with Mr Chen several months ago when he and his group were here in Maryland (at The Bolger Center). The way we got involved was he contacted our organization to arrange for us to be Geotechs for a day. If you have any way of being involved in this, it's a great time. We did it in the pouring rain (he went and bought everyone a poncho which was very nice) and had a blast. I would highly recommend putting your name on a list if one becomes available. :rolleyes:

I wrote an article about the experience here.

Hi Jon,

I thought that I would say thanks for all your doing for us as it is.

I would be intersted in helping in any way possible to further support the Geocaching community here in SW Missouri and NW Arkansas and the World as far as that goes.

It seems that a few more have become interested in the area and the sport here is growing.

My current work with Mark Twain National Forest,Missouri State Parks Roaring River and the Smaller cities like Cassville,Pierce City,and Newtonia are going well still.

Arkansas State Parks have set up cache permits as well as Missouri.

If there is anything that I can do,you have my address, Charles

I have been involved in Adventure Racing for several years. I can see several types of formats that would work well for GPS competition. The first that comes to mind is a "Search and Rescue" , the involvement from S&R teams would be very good. Primarily finding a lost item (person) in a given area. The next would be an Adventure Race that is focused on GPS use rather than physical ability, shorter distance than most races, family friendly classes. Finding clues to a final destination. Sponsors for these type of events are all ready active, and willing.

National Geographic Interactive Topographical maps.

I have been working with them just recently.

I have been using it to map our Rural Fire Department Boundries and have added(in works) everyone's house in the map.

I am currently still localy working on getting this up and running as an Individual.

I knew it would entail alot of work and $$$$$ but so far it has been going good,but slow.I only have $1 LOL

On the S&R especially in our rural Ozarks this is a must.

How could We get this going through the Geocaching Community to make it work for the Safety and Security of our Citizen's and Nation as a whole?

I know you Guy's and Gal's with the Computer Technological advantages could work with us to complete this Goal.

My Disability hinders my Superior Functions and have to slowly keep the thoughts and previous talks and actions in play.

Currently I see that there has not been enough updates on all the Maps and Datum's to get all the Maps and functions of the GPS ,Handhelds and MAP to jive precisely. (Minor)

I have also run into a little friction with Older other Elders in the Community which just do not understand the Computer at all,especially the Newest Tech we are working on here.

The Main reason is in my opinion,It was not their Idea.

Oh well the work goes on.......................

Thanks all :P and Jon :o