Hi There!

Corp Of  Discovery

HI, Im JDzags10. JD is my initials, i am a Gonzaga fan(zags), and 10 is my bball number. I live in Salem, OR.

I just recieved a GPS for christmas and am looking forward to hunting some caches. I am amazed at how the GPS... the accuracy is right on and the speedometer matches a cars perfectly. I have a basic ifinder and hope to upgrade to a more expensive one once i figure it out. HAPPY NEW YEAR

My name is geoguyver. I received my first GPS this Christmas and am a major newbie. I use a Rino 110 and live in Rochester, MN.

I am almost 31, (birthday is on Sunday), am married, (for almost four years), and my wife and I have one beautiful little girl who is 2.3 years old.

I am a Professional Finishing Marketing Manager. Long title, little paycheck! ;)

Hi! I stumbled upon GeoCaching.com about a month ago and became obsessed! I had to try it! So, I too got a GPS (Magellan SporTrak) for Christmas and have spent so much time fiddling with it while trying to understand the book that my brain is almost worn out--and I haven't even been on one hunt yet because I want to get it down before I venture out-plus understanding where I am even to begin at would be a big help I would assume!!! AAHHHH! I guess science (or even basic understanding of this unit) is not my strong suit, so I will just keep plugging away at it until I figure it out. I hope to have logged at least 1 find before my birthday, which is in 3 weeks and 2 days-the count down is on! 32 isn't old is it????? Wish me luck!!! ;)

Edited by rennerbee

Hi! I'm <<<<, a total newbie to caching. Fact is, I haven't even figured out which GPS unit to get to date. I have fooled around with a buddies when we ride dirtbikes and it is really cool to see where we have rambled around. It explains why my old knees are tired. As I ramble all over the place, caching souunds like a really cool way to see some of this great country.

Regarding GPS, I have been lurking for a bunch of months trying to understand what will best fit my needs.

In the "economic" world, I am a self employeed (aka broke) historical preservation Architect here in Texas. I have figured out that GPS will help me locate my buildings (required by our govt ?!?!!?), so I think my company is going to buy me a Garmin 60CS soon ... If I can just figure out if it works with NG Topo maps ...

The process continues and the cicrle remains unbroken. ;)

Welcome to the sport RENNERBEE.Do not be intimedated by your gpsr.Lots of buttons. Most of witch you will not use all the time.I too have a sportrak great little gpsr.Try using your mark a location. with this , you will be able to edit the waypoint scrolling,with the center,button and the enter button. Then just use your goto.Try a easy cache first.till you get use to the gpsr.The most diffilcult part will be. finding the cache hiding spot. witch can be very cleaver. Bring the clue with you, use it if you need it. Have fun ;)

Hello,

My name is Rudy. I have been caching for about 3 weeks. Was looking for information about GPS rcvrs for bicycle touring. Found this group. Bought myself a Meidian Gold which will work for bicycling and geocahing. Have been able to find a few caches here in San Jose, CA :huh: . Expect to have a lot of fun. I also am a ham. Call sign KK6U.

Hello,

My name is Rudy. I have been caching for about 3 weeks. Was looking for information about GPS rcvrs for bicycle touring. Found this group. Bought myself a Meidian Gold which will work for bicycling and geocahing. Have been able to find a few caches here in San Jose, CA :huh: . Expect to have a lot of fun. I also am a ham. Call sign KK6U.

People think I'm a ham, too, but I'm really just misunderstood. :D

Welcome to the addiction, I'm sure you'll love it! Good Luck and Happy Geocaching!!

Hi -- I'm Jeanne (Cabinwood) and am pretty new to geocaching.  My sister in South Carolina got me started and now I'm roaming the woods in North Georgia searching :D

Gosh, I hope you haven't been roaming around out there since June! Send us your coords and we'll come and rescue you!

LOL -- no, I think I found this website back in June and wanted to try geocaching but never managed to. Then my sister got into it and I really did start. I was kinda surprised when that June date came up -- I had no idea it had been that long ago! :huh:

Hi -- I'm Jeanne (Cabinwood) and am pretty new to geocaching.  My sister in South Carolina got me started and now I'm roaming the woods in North Georgia searching :D

Gosh, I hope you haven't been roaming around out there since June! Send us your coords and we'll come and rescue you!

LOL -- no, I think I found this website back in June and wanted to try geocaching but never managed to. Then my sister got into it and I really did start. I was kinda surprised when that June date came up -- I had no idea it had been that long ago! :huh:

Whew! That's a relief! I had the car all packed and ready to go.....oh, well, have fun and Happy Geocaching!

i am eddthejailer i am a jailer in paoli indiana.i also do reserve deputy work when i get the time or they need the help.i cache when i can as pften as i can.i have 57 finds and have been looking for them for about 5 months.i take my 6 year old girl with me when i go if not with others as well.i just logged my first hide and its the first one you see if you search under zip code 47454 paoli indiana.i hope to have some 5-5 out soon with some real nice supplies for e-1.thanks so much e-1 for this great pastime!!!

Hi Everybody. Another first time user here, received my GPS for Christmas (Etrex Legend), and am busy learning the manual. Would love to hook up with someone in the Great Vancouver are to help me out with my first find, and give some expert assistance on how to use the GPS

Hi. I'm Spoo. My work allows me to travel the world on someone else's nickel.

I am new to Geocache hunting (just started on 01/01/04) but I am not new to the GPS system. Several years ago I bought a low end Magellan and logged 27,000 miles on it. Three and a half years ago a upgraded to a Model 320 and have 39,000 mile on it. No, I do not have it turned on when I am flying !!!

My one true passion in life is hiking, so I have decided to try combining hiking and my GPS with this new, wonderful game.

I live in western Maine and would love to team up with someone to search with. Give me a yell if interested. See you on the Trails !!!

Let me clarify . . . I'm not really a 'ho. Just a 'ho for Geocaching. I'm a PC Technician by trade. I like biking, hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, canoeing, kayaking . . . if it's an outdoors thing then I'm pretty much up for it.

I have a wonderful boyfriend, whom I met geocaching and we cache together all the time.

I have a seven year old son who claims he likes geocaching but only if it's an easy one: i.e. a 1/1 cache. HA!

So there it is . . . or should I say . . . there I am.

06928a02-4459-46d4-9461-632408d29677.jpg

Happy caching and stuff! :(

Let me clarify . . . I'm not really a 'ho. Just a 'ho for Geocaching. I'm a PC Technician by trade. I like biking, hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, canoeing, kayaking . . . if it's an outdoors thing then I'm pretty much up for it.

I have a wonderful boyfriend, whom I met geocaching and we cache together all the time.

I have a seven year old son who claims he likes geocaching but only if it's an easy one: i.e. a 1/1 cache. HA!

What exactly is a 'ho? :D

Did you start Geocaching before you met your boyfriend? It just seems that not a lot of women take this up by themselves, being a 'geeky' type sport! :(

~sings~"I'm looking over/ a four leaf clover/

that I've overlooked before"~finishes singing~

Thought that was appropriate.

I am one of the K's in ELKKHunters, a four person hunting team from southwestern OH. The balance of my team is my Husband (the other K), and our daughters Emily (11) and Lillian (3).

We just truly started last week, have no GPS yet, but I have one one it's way, courtesy of ebay. 7 out of 8 finds...and todays should prolly get a "most comical" award. After T10X checks his cache logs, perhaps he'll tell you about the lunatic with the ice scraper laying on the ground trying to get one of his caches!!!! :(

I am so stoked about this, because I love being outside, and need the exercise desperately. Our girls are having a blast.

Um, I'll tell ya more if ya want to know....

I am one of the K's in ELKKHunters, a four person hunting team from southwestern OH. The balance of my team is my Husband (the other K), and our daughters Emily (11) and Lillian (3).

We just truly started last week, have no GPS yet, but I have one one it's way, courtesy of ebay. 7 out of 8 finds...and todays should prolly get a "most comical" award. After T10X checks his cache logs, perhaps he'll tell you about the lunatic with the ice scraper laying on the ground trying to get one of his caches!!!! :(

I am so stoked about this, because I love being outside, and need the exercise desperately. Our girls are having a blast.

Alright...I gotta hear the "ice scraper" story!

I am one of the K's in ELKKHunters, a four person hunting team from southwestern OH.  The balance of my team is my Husband (the other K), and our daughters Emily (11) and Lillian (3).

We just truly started last week, have no GPS yet, but I have one one it's way, courtesy of ebay.  7 out of 8 finds...and todays should prolly get a "most comical" award.  After T10X checks his cache logs, perhaps he'll tell you about the lunatic with the ice scraper laying on the ground trying to get one of his caches!!!! :(

I am so stoked about this, because I love being outside, and need the exercise desperately.  Our girls are having a blast.

Alright...I gotta hear the "ice scraper" story!

You live in the Cincinnati area, don't you?

Let me get the link for the cache, and I'll post it here.

click here and decrpyt my post.

Edited by 4leafclover