Sign in to follow this  
Followers 148
Bloencustoms

Who Are The Lurkers? Introduce Yourself.

2768 posts in this topic

Greetings! I'm Turbo. I'm a twenty-something who likes to go 'caching with friends on good days. I was introduced to Geocaching in 2005 by my family, but fell out of it as I had to focus on school. Recently, I've rekindled my love for finding and placing caches, so I hope you'll come and look for them.

My first (and current) GPS is a Garmin eTrex H. It's not fancy, but it sure gets the job done.

Anyway, happy 'caching!

Hello from TN! I've been in the know about geocaching for years but am finally getting into the fun of the hunt. I'm new to the forums so haven't been a lurker long. Hoping to make some friends to cache with cause going solo isn't as much fun.

Hello. I'm new to geocaching. I think it's nice to get outdoors and this brings me out and about. I'm currently in the upper Midwest (USA) but techn my home is New England now but realistically-I could be anywhere every 13 weeks. Thus the name. I started about 1 week ago. I have 11 finds, 3 DNFs, and 3 attempts but didn't log it either way d/t to circumstances (locked gates).

I am hoping to get my nephews involved this month.

stands up and shouts "helloooo" all the way from Scotland :)

ive been lurking for a while on and off reading and learning since 2013.

ive logged more caches this year than my previous years combined lol, really getting into it, its great fun but cant do it as often as i would like.

Hello, I'm from Wyoming and I kinda just researching this thing a couple of days ago, I haven't went out to find because I just don't know how to start, and where to go from there. Do I keep a collection? What if I find trackables outside of a geocache? So many questions.But I feel like this is a beautiful way to get out there into nature and just... have fun.

Hello everyone!

My name is Karol and I live in Wisconsin. I have been wanting to try Geocaching for several years now, but never really took the plunge. Last week, after a particularly rough week,and to cheer myself up...I decided on a whim to look it up in a phone app and see if there were any Caches in my local area (plenty). I thought what the heck, I'll see if a can find one on my way home from work. Not only did I find it, I had an absolute blast looking for it! I now have a total of 8 searches under my belt with 5 finds. I am hooked. What's more, I am an avid hiker and camper, so I'm looking forward to adding this activity to my camping outings and hikes. I signed up for a 3 month, Premium membership yesterday and I am interested in any Geocaching meet & greets in the Sauk County, Wisconsin area if anyone knows of any. I would love to meet fellow Cachers and build on this as a fun hobby! A heartfelt Thank You goes out to all who have placed well thought out Caches for folks like me to find!

I just started with my husband and young son, he's too little to get into it yet but I'm hoping to become a pro as he grows and go on some amazing family adventures! I can't afford membership right this second but planning on becoming premium as soon as I can. We've only been out in our urban neighbourhood a couple of times but I'm so excited for the possibilities. I haven't posted much because I feel like nobody cares to hear from noobs in here.

lurk,lurk .....

I guess I'm lurking...I just finished replying to a topic and looking for answers to another. I'm in Hawaii and called sheilasu. I don't work so geocaching gets me out of he house exploring the beautiful island I live on.

I guess I've lurked for 17 years, dang those self renewing memberships :P Intended to get serious in 2010 when I joined but opportunities were few

in the middle east. After I got home life got in the way and I didn't get started until January of this year. I wish I had kept up in between as I have made some fox paws since. Thanks to all that contribute to this forum!

Hi you guys :) I am not new, but I am re-entering the atmosphere of my favorite thing to do ever...so I am back! I currently live in Hawaii, and have been here for years. I am most recently from Arizona prior to moving to Maui, and next week, we are returning home to southern Arizona. I am looking to make geocaching friends around the area. While I started almost 10 years ago, I went through a growing stage of not logging finds, I know, I know. So when I get back home, I will be returning to old spots to cleanly and correctly log old finds, and enjoy the many new ones. For the next few days, I'll be trying to grab many more of the few caches here on the island, and get some trackables ready to make their way around the world from Maui, and move some more back to the mainland. I own a couple of eTrex Vista HCxs that my kids use, and recently got an Oregon 650t :) I am a map junkie and data geek, so after a few years of having to put geocaching on hiatus, I am so, so happy to come home, with a fresh start :) Looking forward to making new friends!

Hi Everyone,

I'm a major foodie and enjoy the cowboy, open fire cooking experience which is a great camping hobby. We had a Dutch Oven Gathering few weeks back and one of the cooks that joined us was into Geocaching. I've heard of it, but didn't think much of it. He invited me along, we traipsed through the campground and the surrounding area.

DANG! I HAD A GREAT TIME.

So, here I am feeding my mind and getting ready to explore my little part of the world.

I've enjoyed the information here and I'll try not to be a lurker.

Thx

Dan "Southeast Camper"

16 minutes ago, SoutheastCamper said:

Dan "Southeast Camper"

Be welcome!!

Hi there!

First post here on Geocaching forums! :D

I'm from Portugal and I've been a geocacher since 2008. Unfortunately I always had personal projects that kept me grabbed to a computer on most weekends, leaving geocaching as second (or third) choice. That's why I only have 60 finds in 9 years :unsure:... but that scenario is now changing due to a little project of mine that involves geocaching! Yay!

I'm now starting to participate in the portuguese community and here on the forums, hoping to be of some help.

Cheers!

18 hours ago, rui_curado said:

I'm now starting to participate in the portuguese community and here on the forums, hoping to be of some help.

Bem-vindo, Rui!

Hello . I am new to the forums I started Geocaching about 14 months ago. This is my first Forum post. I am in North Alabama. I also routinely go to Middle TN around Crossville.

Presently I am building Caches and launching TBs.  I started a series of TBs based on "101 Dalmatians", there are six puppies trying to get to London, England before Cruella De Ville. (another TB). After they touch base they are free to travel.

I am one of those who people who carries a large assortment of items in my maintenance kit. Along with assorted sizes of Ziploc bags,  logs, and labels, Stash items, TBs, I even carry 'O' rings.

Having to carry a hiking stick, and a reaching claw stick now, Balance is going out. at the time of this post I am 74

2017-06-09 16 49 18 0228 Photos.jpg

I guess i'm a lurker to :P. New to this so i'm reading a lot. Just posted a few things. I'm no expert so i think that's why i won't post a lot. Or maybe cause i don't think my English is good enough. But it's good practice!

4 hours ago, Minoes82 said:

I guess i'm a lurker to :P. New to this so i'm reading a lot. Just posted a few things. I'm no expert so i think that's why i won't post a lot. Or maybe cause i don't think my English is good enough. But it's good practice!

Keep practicing and welcome to the forums. 

Fortunately, I've never encountered an online forum which required every post to be in grammatically correct English.  Yours certainly looks to be understandable and that's all that really matters.  Of course, there are some native English speakers who can't seem to understand (or don't want to) plain English no matter how well it's written.  

Lurker?  Sounds harsh.  Been caching on and off since 06.  Decided to jump in to it more,aggressively now that the 25 yr marriage has crashed and burned.  In Athens,  OH for the weekend and I am AMAZED at how many caches there are.  As far as why people lurk?  Life, so many online social options, who has time to participate regularly?

Each social media choice seems to have a hardcore group of regulars.

Interesting that this geocache board has been described as "ugly.  My interest has been peaked, think I will lurk a bit, lol.  Happy caching!!!!