Geocachers, What Are You Buying Yourselves?

CYBret

My family draws names from a hat. This year my Mom buys for me. She asked my wife what I would like. My wife asked me. I got on ebay and showed her a gilsson amplified gps antenna that comes in under the $30 limit including shipping.

So I didn't buy it for myself, but I got to pick it out. And nobody better tell my Mom.

Had to go out and buy myself a set of Motorola Talkabout 5950's because I didn't dare trust anyone else to get the numbers right (and these were the only ones I wanted.)

I just bought myself those very same Motorola's Bret! I haven't had much chance to use them - we try to play with them when we go out (we have, oh, about 8 FRS/GMRS radios and 6 people to use them - been collecting them for a number of years) but the kids like to travel in a pack so there's a whole lot of screeching going on when the radio's are too close. Eventually I just collect them all and so I carry 7 radios around in my pack while they finally agree to split up and canvass the area.

I'd love to have a GOOD opportunity to use them, but alas... I just carry them around. Longing... always longing.

As I'm relatively new to the hobby, I can always use OTHER things. A walking/poking stick would be loverly, as would a nice compass. I've mentioned both, but am not holding my breath.

On the other hand, I'd love a nice, heavy leather jacket (not for caching!) and a house in New Mexico. I'm tired of being cold all the time!

Oh, and I'd take the Glock too. And some lessons to go with it!

-=-

michelle

lol, I got a Springfield Armory XD40, but I thought I'd be flamed for bringing it up.

Those are sweet. I've got a Ruger GP-100 myself. :unsure:

Back to the topic, I generally have to buy everything myself, primarily due to cost, but also because, like was stated in another post, nobody will get the exact thing right. :rolleyes: I do request gift cards from XYZ stores that I'm planning to make the purchase from to help offset the cost.

Edited by mrkablooey

My work just bought me the Garmin Streetpilot 2610 for geocaching along with getting me from place to place. They don't really know that they did this for me so shhhhh.

Its a great gps unit and I love it and have only had it for just over a week.

The reason for this purchase was because I used my Garmin GPS V so much (everyday) I knew that I would benefit from a unit like the 2610. I love the fact that it takes CF cards and I can fit a ton on there. Even though I use it daily I really can't wait to use it on a road trip vacation.

I got myself Optimum Online! Woo Hoo!!

This way MOPAR :bad: can get his Geocaching and online stuff done faster so he'll spend more time with me. He's such an internet whore . . .

Gee . . . if I'd only know. Someone should have warned me. Thanks for nothing! :rolleyes:

Hmmm . . . did I get this for me OR for him? :unsure:

I'm uncertain and somewhat confused now . . . :D

Ack! :blink:

Anyhoo . . . happy caching and stuff! B)

My work just bought me the Garmin Streetpilot 2610 for geocaching along with getting me from place to place. They don't really know that they did this for me so shhhhh.

That's quite a gift!!

To reward my bravery for going and standing in line with thousands of other people at Best Buy and Circuit City at 5:30 the morning after Thanksgiving (and as something of an early Christmas present to myself), I upgraded to a GPS V. My Legend was fantastic, but I'd ogled the V for much too long. :rolleyes: