We're Not General Anymore

CYBret

Speaking of bad ideas, try this one on for size. hehe

Have an OT forum be a premium member feature. Maybe even make it a "advanced" premium member feature where not only do you have to be a paying member but you have to pay more for the OT forum usage?

What do ya think? It was just a thought, and I was wondering, would it be worth it to those begging for it?

Granted its not going to happen but I was just curious since we talk about paying members and non paying members and all that if this would be something worth paying for.

Sounds like just another way to take money from people to me. But, I'll agree, there are some who desire flaming enough to pay extra for it, but overall, that's a very poor idea, in my opinion.

To answer your question umc, I'd probably fork over a bit more to have an off topic forum area. It's not like the $3 is killing me. :rolleyes: I have been thinking while reading this thread, "What would we talk about in such a place?" Really, there are examples of topics that just barely pertain to caching in what used to be the general forum. I have learned a lot from the many flashlight threads, backpack threads, and others. The fact that they are allowed to stay says to me that it is really ok to post things that cachers are interested in, but are not directly related. I'm glad threads like those have been allowed to stick around, I have made better informed decisions about several recent purchases as a direct result.

I guess what I'm saying is, if there was such a forum, I'd pay to use it, if only for the reason that I'd miss the many good threads that would wind up there instead of where they are now in the old general forum.

As a fairly new cacher.. Only two months, I have not witnessed alot to be negative about..

I was wondering if someone can answer a question for me since I am seeing it in many many posts tonight. What exactly is TPTB? Is this an abreviation for someone or someones?

Thanks

TPTB = The Powers That Be = Jeremy, Elias, Hydee, Rostafari, OpinioNate.

Those are the folks who keep everything going behind the scenes, sort of like the Wizards of Oz.

And overall, I think they're doing a pretty good job. However, I think they should stay BEHIND the scenes. I don't mean this as a personal attack, just my opinion and meant to be helpful criticism. Quite a few of the complaints I read when I first joined the forums (not that long ago) were about Jeremy and his attitude. I have come to realize since that Jeremy is fantastic at site construction, through private messages with many others on the boards, and I think he should keep that up and not be involved in dialect with the forum members until he can learn to address them a bit more professionally. Jeremy, this is NOT a personal attack, and I hope you will see it as constructive criticism, please.

errrrrrrrr, ummmmmm.......... :rolleyes: geoCaching :unsure:

TPTB = The Powers That Be = Jeremy, Elias, Hydee, Rostafari, OpinioNate.

Those are the folks who keep everything going behind the scenes, sort of like the Wizards of Oz.

And overall, I think they're doing a pretty good job. However, I think they should stay BEHIND the scenes. I don't mean this as a personal attack, just my opinion and meant to be helpful criticism. Quite a few of the complaints I read when I first joined the forums (not that long ago) were about Jeremy and his attitude. I have come to realize since that Jeremy is fantastic at site construction, through private messages with many others on the boards, and I think he should keep that up and not be involved in dialect with the forum members until he can learn to address them a bit more professionally. Jeremy, this is NOT a personal attack, and I hope you will see it as constructive criticism, please.

errrrrrrrr, ummmmmm.......... :mad: geoCaching :D

Are you referring to comments made like 'tough nuts' and the like?