A Question Of Boxes

I am trying to find a waterproof box for a cache I am putting together. I saw a tacklebox type (but without trays, etc.) that would be good at a cache recently, but I didn't check to see who made it. It needs to also have a lock hole in it as well. I have looked high and low and can only find tackleboxes (which have compartments, trays, and just generally will not work) or very expensive Pelican type boxes which would be awsome if it were not for the price. Can anyone point me in the direction of a simple (read no shelves or compartments) box which would be waterproof, tacklebox size, lockable, and not cost a fortune? Tall order I know, but tupperware and ammo cans are out so I am stuck.

Thanks

;)

Edited by SoMDCacherz
Criminal..... where do you buy that at. That looks like a winner!! I think that would do a great job as long as its not huge. Hard to tell what size that is.

;)

Here's the page, but it looks like they're out of stock.

I drilled two holes in the back and screwed it into a wood sign post right near the parking area of a cache. You walked out into the park and found the first stage of the cache which sent you back to the parking area. A small sticker on the outside read: United States Geocache Site Logging Station Do Not Disturb.

If you were able to figure out that the box on the pole was the cache, you still had to deal with the four number combo-lock. The only clue provided was "Slots Jackpot"

Can you figure it out?

Umm, I eliminated ammo cans and tupperware because it will be a locked cache. I didn't see how I could easily achieve that with either of those solutions. I saw a tacklebox type container that would work which was lockable and water tight. Anyway, I need to go look at Dick's Sporting Goods on a tip from the cache owner where I saw this container.

I wish they had more of those safes.............................................

Oh well, getting the cache together is fun for me so......

;)

You might look around here: http://www.planomolding.com

Lots of tackleboxes...most have compartments, but I bet a few dont, or are removable.

Whatever happened to lunchboxes? It seems that when I was a kid they had some very really rugged lunchboxes...the kind a construction worker might use...but I can't say I've seen that kind in a long time.

George

Edited by nincehelser

Hmm, that ammo can lock has potential as a solution. I wish Plano or someone made plain waterproof boxes with a simple latch & lock hole. I looked again last night on the web and around town with no luck. The tackle boxes at WAL-MART are either too complex or would not hold up. We have no sporting goods store, I'll have to run by the Marine store on Friday.

:P