Whither Egnos?

quimbly

Is it just me, or has there been a distinct lack of EGNOS for the past couple of weeks? I have successfully picked up signals on my Geko before, but I can't remember seeing any Ds during November. I'm worried it may be connected to upgrading my software to v2.2, as I don't think I've seen the Geko pick up EGNOS satellites since then...

EGNOS satellites are still in testing, signals are not permanently on, and can very between full signal and test signals. They are supposed to go operational in the near future. Dave

I was looking at the egnos web site the other day, and from what I could work out, the new satellite that provides the egnos for UK hasn't been turned on yet, although its due any time now.....

I am assuming that the previous egnos signals we were able to receive came from another (temporary) satellite, and that has been disabled now.

Paul

I was looking at the egnos web site the other day, and from what I could work out, the new satellite that provides the egnos for UK hasn't been turned on yet, although its due any time now.....

I am assuming that the previous egnos signals we were able to receive came from another (temporary) satellite, and that has been disabled now.

Paul

Yup. That's my understanding as well.

Seasider

Ta, folks, I had looked at the web site that tells you when it's broadcasting, but hadn't seen a page to the effect that the UK might not be covered. Does anyone find that leaving their GPS receiver in WAAS mode drains the batteries faster, as I read somewhere? I'd rather leave it in WAAS mode so I pick up the lovely EGNOSes without having to know when they are due to turn the satellite on.

The EGNOS test bed web page can be found here.

The Indian Ocean Region (IOR) satellite is at a low angle and is difficult to receive. The Artemis satellite isn't operational yet.

The main problem is Atlantic Ocean Region East AOR-E is switched off and was the satellite that was most useful ;) .

We have to wait a while before we get any decent coverage again.

Andy.