Canadian Benchmarks?

DyverDown

I definately would like to see Canadian Benchmarks too...There has to be a way to get a list so that GC.com can add them to the site.

Alternatively...If someone finds a benchmark that is not listed on the site, allow them to ADD it to the site, similar to adding a cache. Perhaps make it manitory to take a pic of it, in order to add it. There can even be different types of icons for different types of benchmarks, or different government organizations.

I found a few when I was in Arizona in the summer, but none of them were listed on gc.com benchmark section.

There has been renewed interest in getting the Canadian Benchmark database from CSRS uploaded as was the US benchmark database was done some time ago. This Waymarking thing is not working as far as benchmarking goes. I'm sure we would see 10 times the interest in it if we had an uploaded database and it was put on geocaching.com. Any comments from TPTB or the moderators?

I really don't see that happening except on Waymarking.com. I recommend focusing your energy on having a mass import of existing data to populate the Canadian benchmarks into their own Waymarking category. There has been some discussion of this in the past.

Once the data is there, then the interface and tools of the Waymarking site are then available to you. They're pretty cool.

I really don't see that happening except on Waymarking.com. I recommend focusing your energy on having a mass import of existing data to populate the Canadian benchmarks into their own Waymarking category. There has been some discussion of this in the past.

Once the data is there, then the interface and tools of the Waymarking site are then available to you. They're pretty cool.

I'm working up to putting my energy behind the upload plan again at least at Waymarking. There seems to be a fair amount of interest in it.

I too would be interested in it if it were on GC.com, every time I look around the Waymarking site it seems bloated and awkward to navigate. I also don't feel like learning a whole second web page seeing as it's so different than GC.com. I understand the data is available to Groundspeak from CSRS, and I pay the same for a membership as our American neighbours, why shouldn't I get the same priveledges?

Greywynd