Southwesten Ontario

Team 35th Tecumseh Rovers

As you may know I visit Windsor regularly and placed one cache. However, last July I blew the muscles in my calf and was on crutches for 12 weeks. I actually did try to find one cache (name unknown) while I was on the crutches but after walking down what looked like a old rail line, a swollen creek stopped my passage.

Now that I'm walking again, my finding missions will continue. After my brother moves (some time soon I hope) we'll consider stashing another cache!

Later,

Mike

I head up that way when ever I get a chance, but from Windsor up their is only Caches. It's bad when I have to drive a hour just to find a Cach that I did't put out or wait forever for someone to come down to find one. All I want to do is get a few more people into the sport or maybe let other know how good some of our caches are. We have a multi that will take up a beter part of your day. A event might take care of both of them in one shot.

Maybe we can kidnap Hard Oiler and bring him to Windsor?<g>

Wulf

Any time :mad: . Seriously I do have a trip to Windsor planned to hit some of the caches down that way but I keep getting distracted by new ones popping up on the way down in Michigan and most recently an unplanned trip the UK (found some great caches in London) and a planned trip out East (so far 1 out of 3 - finding caches under 2 feet of snow is tough.) All the more reason to come to Windsor in the new year - it never snows in the banana belt does it? :D

SO, i know I'm probably doing this bass-ackwards, but I joined the geocache before I have purchased a GPS. :lol:

I'm hoping to get one within the next month (it was on my christmas list, but Santa forgot it :P )

Now, I'm just looking to see if there are groups and get togethers etc.

For now I'd just like to say HI to all and hope to see some of you out there soon! Happy Hunting :D

I am looking forward to hosting a get together in the windsor area but I want to wait for the warmer weather to put my firt one together. Wait a min, Dose anyone want to get together just for a few drinks to meet , Maybe throw together a hunt. I guess it wouldn't be so bad to do in the winter, I meen we cache in the winter. Add your ideas and maybe we can do it sooner then we would like.

No, not yet. I'll feel a bit odd not having a GPS yet and trying to chat with people who are there because of their GPS's! lol

Eventually I will be out and about, hopefully soon.

Until then...

Keep smiling... it makes you look at things a little different!

Cheers all!

Hi Guys

Well I put out Two more caches in our area. This one is easy its just a copy of London Pier 1 http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=111598

its call Windsor Station good place for testing your GPS out the other one is the first in this area its call Guardian Cam our first webcam cache. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=109183

I know that it is cold out but come on! we are Canadians eh

:huh:

If you guys need caches to do try some of the virtual caches. Try this one and tell me if this is cool you do not even have to leave your computer.

I see Team Tigger International did it he like it. :D

January 21 by Team Tigger International (310 found)

N 43° 40.017 W 079° 23.617

The things you learn geocaching

Wulf & Star - Team Tigger International

Just click on the link

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...4b-0754c17fb864

:D

Hi! I'm new to the sport and can't get enough of it! If time allowed, I would stash dozens of caches and visit all those in the area at least once every six months. However with a busy work schedule and three little kids running around the house, there's a big difference between what I want to do and what I can do. i will be placing caches when the weather warms up (when the kids can more easily tolerate hiking for a longer period of time).

I agree there should be more caches in the area (I live in London). I've only been to two caches and I've already seen Hard Oiler's card and viewed his caches online. Feel like I know him a little. There's one of his right across the street from my brother's home in Port Franks. Hope to get there soon. Would be great if we had more Oilers in our area.

I just got my GPS for Christmas. If we want more cachers, a GPSr makes a great gift idea!!

61 Cygnus

Rob McGrath

Welcome to the sport! Sounds like you're off to a good start by beating me to that new cache along the 401 by a couple of days :blink: . If you found that one in the snow you can probably find anything maybe even "First on First" ;) - it is there but tough to see and even tougher to get. Lots of good spots to hide caches in the Port Franks area - just not many cachers - although from some recent logs I've seen there were quite a lot GPSr's received for Christmas - just need the weather to improve to get them outside. BTW 5 year olds are very good at finding caches - but he'll have to grow a bit for First on First!

...<snip> 5 year olds are very good at finding caches - but he'll have to grow a bit for First on First!

LOL. That's for sure. My 8 and 5 year olds had a big laugh when I slid down the hill trying to get at First on First.

We're in London too. We've already picked up a couple of ammo boxes and goodies to load them with. Now just waiting for the weather to warm up so we can find a good location.