What Was Your Most Disgusting Cito?

ironman114

What wonderful stories :lol: but I have to share what my New-To-This-Game kids did last night while out caching. As we are new, we didn't have anything for trash but we went to a local park (Pecan Park, Orangevale, CA - very close to our house and the kids BMX there). There is a lot of trash, especially in the creek, apparently a hotspot for drinking teenagers. I commented about it and about how I didn't have a trashbag and my daughter said "Let's come back tomorrow and clean this up" and my son (12 - gotta love that age) says "and we can put up garbage bags in various places so the losers that litter can get a clue". :P We're going back tonight to clean up.

~cleaning the world, one cachehunt at a time~

All garbage not disposed of correctly is disgusting, but I'm well prepared for this weekend's CITO given by Harrald!!!

Also, I know our local DOT guys will throw road-killed deer into areas not used by people on the sides of the highways. They made a pile too big around here once and the smell got to the neighbors. They have to spread them out more. The Audubon Society will take some of the road kill and tie it to a stake in the field so the birdwatchers can watch the eagles and other birds of prey come to dine.

Edited by Planet

Gee, and I was surprised by all the cigarettes I discovered.

We were caching yesterday and I decided to CITO for the first time. I walked along the road and picked up about 50-100 cigarettes, all the same brand. I was kind of worried about picking them up since they may have saliva on them. I yelled the brand out to my mom who was walking ahead just in time to disturb a golfer who was making a shot on the nearby golf course, who gave me a dirty look.

The park people keep the park really clean though, I was plesantly surprised.

I'll add mine to this: I was with the Welcome to Seattle event hiking along with several notable geocachers. Being in the group that brought up the rear, I was also one of the last to locate the Rock Creek cache, and the first to pick it up and open it.

At first blush, it looked like it was merely too close the creek and had some water leak into it that eventually turned putrid. Well... it took another to identify what it really was. The cache was plundered and then turned into someone's restroom and then carefully placed back into its hiding place. Fortunately, someone had some towlettes and passed them around to those of us whom had this foul stuff make contact with our hands.

Edited by TotemLake