Most Finds By Cacher...?

klaus23

I'm in New York at the mo on holiday- I'm just wondering who the busiest geocacher in the world (and also in the UK) is. When I view cache pages on the net I see people with over 2000 finds- and when I check their stats they WILL have 1950 or so physical ones and a couple of virtuals.

Any ideas... I'll post another log when I find more...

UK Top 5 as of last night:-

The Hornet 672

Slytherin 656

Tim & June 566

Subarite 560

S??????r 482

Considering there are only 2511 (per GUK as of last night) active caches in the UK (and some of those should be archived e.g Twrch Toilet GCD4D7 :D ) then Mr Hornet and Mr & Mrs Slytherin ain't doing too bad at 25% or so of the total! :P

Especially taking age and size respectively into account!! ;):P:P:D:P :P

Cheers!

Seasider

Edited by Seasider

List of the Top 14 (ie everyone over 300)!

See top 5 above

6 Postie 414

7 Pharisee 380

8 Chris n Maria 369

9 Ann_and_Brian 363

10 Lost In Space 330

11= The Northumbrian 308

11= Nawtcher 308

13 GAZ 307

14 Lassitude 302

Right, it's stopped raining now so I've got other things to do!! :D

Seasider

Edited by Seasider
(and some of those should be archived e.g  Twrch Toilet GCD4D7

lol great comment Pharisee!

MarcB

Looking at the OS map there are some buildings a few hundred metres away. The cacher who set it is still active *last vist: Saturday, November 22, 2003*. My guess is the co-ords a a few hundred metres out ;)

Andy.

Believe me... I remember this one well. It was a bl**dy long walk... and there are no buildings within a few hundred metres !!!! The nearest buildings I could see were a farm house and associated barns that were certainly not derelict and from memory, they seemed to be a good half mile away. There may well be a cache hidden somewhere down there but it's not at the quoted co-ordinates. If the cache setter is 'still active' but can't be bothered to check and revise his cache page, then he's not going to get a lot of 'finders' ;)

.......... Mr Hornet and Mr & Mrs Slytherin ain't doing too bad at 25% or so of the total!  B)

Especially taking age and size respectively into account!!  :P  :)  ;)  :P  :P;)

Cheers!

Seasider

You cheeky young Whippersnapper :P:D:D

Now if we're talking age, what about Grandad making the top 10 at last. Some effort for a poor old b*****r eh?! :D:D