First To Find Greed

ScouterMark

There can also be the greed associated with finding movings caches over and over again within a very short period of time. Like, if you've  found it 4-5 times in a month, and there are a lot of new cachers who have NEVER found it, it's probably time to give it a rest.

Just to stay on topic, finding a moving cache is like getting an FTF. Nobody has beaten a path to it yet or left spoilers in their logs. You take the risk of not knowing if the coordinates are accurate. And you know that other people are racing for it as well.

I believe you are speaking specifically about Vancouver Transit and J5 & myself who have managed to find it 4 times since the beginning of October (according to my math that is twice/month). Call it greedy if you like, but the cache description encouraged people to seek it multiple times. I don't believe any rules were broken or even bent. You call it greed, I call it competition. 62 people are watching that cache with the intent of being the next person to find it and I would guess that the many of those 62 people have found it one or more times in the past. In fact, the cache owner himself has logged finds on it 11 times!

Scanning through the VT logs I note with interest that many cachers over the life of the cache have found it multiple times in a given calendar month. Zuuky, you yourself have found it a total of 7 times including twice in September/03 and twice in October/02. Welcome to the club. ;)

Edited by Gorak

If you want the other cacher to not log any caches 1st just so others can, then does not that ruin the thrill of being FTF? You're only FTF because that other guy laid low on purpose.

I don't get it.

My Sentiments exactly. Why not just leave them all out in the open to make it easier for the newer participants to find? Why hike up a mountain to hide them, when you can just leave them at the trailhead? FTF is a challenge inside of the game, but it's not the game itself. You also have to remember, some of the cachers that you are talking about might have found all the caches in their area, and when a new one pops up, it might be the only one they have yet to find. Why deny them the opportunity to enjoy geocaching? Should they supress their enjoyment for 2 days until someone else finds it?

Wow! It's surprising to hear someone who's screen name gives reference to Scouting feel this way. Caching is fun on its own... If you can get First to find that's just a bonus. If not, you still have a great excuse to get out in the woods and be STF or TTF. Heck I've been FTF many times: Fity third, Forty eight, etc. I'm pretty proud of those in the 40's ;)

I've never felt the FTF regulars were unfair. For me the reason FTF is so coveted is that it's hard to do. If it were easier, it wouldn't be as respected. I could get FTF every time if I wanted to; I have access to everything the regulars do; I just cherish my sleep more than they do, and my caching buddy isn't a morning-dog. Best to let sleeping Javas rest.

Who cares......Your not a three year old. Go out and cache and don't worry if your gonna be the FTF or not. THink of it like losing your virginity. My wife was the FTF me and it took her almost seventeen years to find me ;) Hang in there it will happen someday. Until then do what I did, Practice allot.

Edited by Team Lyons

Improve your skills.

(IE, complaining that others FTF doesn't earn a FTF...)

I like FTF's more now as more FTF competition has come up over the past year.

However, I have a COMPLETELY flexible schedule but only generally cache weekends, evenings and nights.

What if the veteran cachers have already found all the caches in the area. So they are desperate for caches and then a new cache comes up. Hence the rush out to get it. What you interpret as FTF greed may just be cache craving.

This is true of someone in my area, they work office hours, have a family and often area away weekends. That only leaves early morning! No surprise, many FTF's.

Conversely, there was the day cachers placed a series of 5 caches with FF prizes. Other cachers had planned an excursion in our area and took them ALL. I was offended.

I could see taking one for each member of the group (2), but all FIVE!

On more than one occassion I've been FTF but left the prize for the next.

Enjoy,

Randy

You have to realize that most of the people that get a lot of FTF are probably also retired. Meaning that geocaching is the hobby they have to keep them entertained during the day. So they hang out online waiting for new caches to pop after they have hit most of the old local caches.

At least the guy that beats me to firsties most of the time is retired.

I believe you are speaking specifically about Vancouver Transit

Sure, yeah, maybe, who knows... :ph34r:

There were some spurious statements made about a local cacher who was said to be hogging FTF, and not allowing new cachers to find some.

And I find it ironic that some of those who made those statements were at the same time hoarding the finds on a moving cache by hunting it in groups time after time after time... To keep it in context, there are FAR MORE cachers active in our area in 2003 than 2002.

And if you include the pirate account, it's 5 times... but this IS NOT about pirates.

I think FTF are cool if you can get them. I never had an issue with them. There was a fellow and his daughter who got a huge amount of FTF, and I sorely miss reading his logs and seeing his name in the cache pages...

Lighten up people. It's just a game you say...

I work a night shift. During my second break, I'll log on to check and see if there are any new caches posted. If they are convienent, I'll bite. The only hard part is that I don't generally take my GPS to work. If I notice it's been a couple of days since any new caches have been posted, I'll take my GPS to work in hopes of catching one or two.

Even though I get off work at 5AM, I'm suprised how many times my FTF race has foiled.

I like FTF hunts, particularly in the dark, which is when I'm awake. It forces me to think outside the box a little more.

At times there have been problems with the coordinates, bad (I mean Bad) hints, completely wrong D/T ratings (which make you ignore an area that would require a higher/lower rating), no spoiler logs, no trail to the cache, cache hidden exactly the way the hider wanted it, and in my area, at least 3 other cachers that may, at any time, be hunting for the cache, looking for a FTF too. I like all of those aspects. Almost none of them exist after the first day, in an area like the one I cache in.

My favorite FTF hunts are the ones that other cachers have looked for and didn't find, almost guaranteeing that something is fishy with the cache, or at least more challenging.

I keep track of my FTFs and my "didn't find it"s, in my profile. One thing about the FTF hunts, they generate a good number of "didn't find it"s, the price you pay.

If you want a FTF, you have to do what it takes to get one, not ask others not to get it, so that you can, that's just silly.

Gorak wrote:

Just to stay on topic, finding a moving cache is like getting an FTF. Nobody has beaten a path to it yet or left spoilers in their logs. You take the risk of not knowing if the coordinates are accurate. And you know that other people are racing for it as well.

With many FTFs, it's a challenge to get to it before anyone else. I have missed FTF on a number of caches -- some by only minutes. That's part of the risk and fun of going after a First to Find.

For the most part, I tend to leave FTFs for newcomers if there are any in the neighbourhood at the time. Otherwise, if there are seasoned cachers who are jumping on the caches right away, I may join in the competitive nature of FTFs and the fun in acquiring them.

Moving caches are quite cool because, as you mention, it is very much like a first time find as only the hider has been there previously. There have been a few times where I've missed our local moving cache only to spend time searching for a cache that is no longer there -- although it can be frustrating to some, it's all part of the fun. On one occasion I looked for nearly a half hour before assuming that someone else had already picked it up -- I watched the cache page and no one logged it later that day. It turned out that the cache was extremely well hidden and I ended up going back two more times over three days -- and I managed to find it before anyone else. That was pretty cool considering the often intense competition in our area.

Being FTF didn't use to be all that big a deal. However, with more folks begining to geocache there can be a great deal of competition. Basically, to be FTF it comes down to this - you have to know the cache is availible & you have the free time & scheduelling to go after it. Alot of retires geocache & folks who work at night & cache during the day. Tough to beat them if you have a breadwinner job for your family! Persistance is the key. If you go after them hard when you can then eventually you'll get one. Usually have to be up early or out late!

For your info had 6 FTF's in one day last week. Tough not to as new cacher put out 7 new caches at same time in one small area 35 miles away. In this situation if you get there first for one you'll probably get them all. Also, a long way to have to drive back again in order to let someone else be first. I did feel a little guilty as it seemed too easy & even left one cache unfound 'cause I didn't want the efforts of any other locals who might be following to be totally skunked. Also wanted to give the competition a reason to keep going & try again next time. But guess what? When I checked the logs later that evening there were 4 others sets of cachers hot on my heels & all out trying to be FTF. Don't worry they will get their's too. Can't do that to often. I really think our locals all get a kick knowing each of us are trying to out do the others. Would suggest you just join in & if you don't beat them put in your log that you were hot on their heels. You'll probably make some friends.

ScouterMark,

I think I've found the answer to why certain people in your area get the first to finds and others do not.... Two days ago a new cache popped up in OUR area, pretty much equadistant from the both of us. I sat back and watched it from early evening the first day until 8:00am the next when I got together with my caching partner and headed out after it ultimately getting the FTF. Had I REALLY wanted the FTF I would have gone after it when I got out of work the evening before at 11:00pm, but since you had recently posted your fustrations at not getting many FTF I mistakenly talked myself into the fact that you had already gone after it and just hadn't had time to log it yet. To make matters worse it was a 5 point multi cache with a problem on the second set of coords, three hours later after a trip to the local historical society, another to the Police department, and two to the town clerk and one to the local newspaper we managed to fight our way through to the end cache and claim the FTF (which BTW was only figurative, no prize).

My question to you is; Did you go after it? if not you'll never get FTF that way... if you did, why didn't you log your DNF?

In my book it's dedication not "greed" that gets you FTFs.

I noticed two new caches in my area last night. As of this posting, they are still unfound. There is a cacher who usually makes an effort to get FTF, and will likely claim them today. Could I have gotten FTF? Possibly, if I could find them in the dark last night. Was it important enough to rush out into the cold for it? Apparently not. :lol: Like the post above me, I believe it's all related to how bad you want it.

dadgum you Brogan.....

I was all set to go after that one last nite at lunch at 2AM!.... :lol:

LOL

I figured I'd prolly not beat you guys there.....especially since you guys were over this way earlier....

Scoutermark, dont feel bad....

I'm not only losing out on a lot of FTFs down here to these crazy night cachers....I'm starting to lose out on some good cache locations to newbies, of all people.... :o

Maybe I am missing something here...

If you want to be first to find then by all means... drop what you are doing and run out there and BE first to find...

I think I have two first to finds... big deal! Sure it is fun to be the first but lets not muddle up the game by turning it into a competition and for goodness sake... LETS NOT REGULATE A FIRST TO FIND LIMIT... Next you will be asking for a limit on the amount of caches a person can find in a day... :lol:

Being FTF didn't use to be all that big a deal. However, with more folks begining to geocache there can be a great deal of competition. Basically, to be FTF it comes down to this - you have to know the cache is availible & you have the free time & scheduelling to go after it. Alot of retires geocache & folks who work at night & cache during the day. Tough to beat them if you have a breadwinner job for your family! Persistance is the key. If you go after them hard when you can then eventually you'll get one. Usually have to be up early or out late!

For your info had 6 FTF's in one day last week. Tough not to as new cacher put out 7 new caches at same time in one small area 35 miles away. In this situation if you get there first for one you'll probably get them all. Also, a long way to have to drive back again in order to let someone else be first. I did feel a little guilty as it seemed too easy & even left one cache unfound 'cause I didn't want the efforts of any other locals who might be following to be totally skunked. Also wanted to give the competition a reason to keep going & try again next time. But guess what? When I checked the logs later that evening there were 4 others sets of cachers hot on my heels & all out trying to be FTF. Don't worry they will get their's too. Can't do that to often. I really think our locals all get a kick knowing each of us are trying to out do the others. Would suggest you just join in & if you don't beat them put in your log that you were hot on their heels. You'll probably make some friends.

You have the right idea -- it can become quite fun. In the area where I live, there are five geocachers who are very active in trying to get FTFs -- we all keep tabs on new caches by checking the web site late in the evening or first thing in the AM, and try to hit new caches on the way to work between 630 and 730 AM. It now has become common to drive up to the parking area near a cache and see two or three other cars there of known identity. We leave logs indicating that one of the others just beat us to it, etc. For those who have found many caches, it becomes a fun new part of the game. Just recently, one of my friends put out a very challenging cache, and knew that three of us (myself, Sand Hiker, Gator Man) would be the first three finders. He left each of us an envelope in the cache with our names on them, and inside a $5 gift card for Starbucks -- ! :lol:

My FTF is a little over 5% of my total find count. In my first year of caching with a total of 168 finds I had at least 23 FTFs. It gets to be addictive or an obsession with some cachers especially if there are others in the area that are competitive. Thankfully I have gotten over that phase of caching, if I find one now it's just by luck. If you really want to get there first, do as some of the others have suggested keep checking for new caches as often as you can, and be ready to go at a moments notice. Hopefully you will log some FTFs. If you can't do that then resign yourself to be 2nd, 3rd or whatever :lol:

Last week, I logged my 7th find, and it was also my first FTF. I saw it pop up in the email notification of local new caches, and planned to get it. It was a couple of days old when I went out and found it. I also logged my 10th find that same day. Both, to me, were memorable, since I am new, I have 3 milestones to brag about: My first find, my first FTF, and my 10th find. I'm happy, but wouldn't be beating myself up if I didn't have the first FTF to my credit yet. Good things come to those who wait! Hang in there, it's bound to happen sooner or later. The important thing is to keep looking, and HAVE FUN DOING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure being FTF is all I thought it would be. I'm now in the wonderful world of "only to find because the cache has been removed" and it's about as exciting as the famed "first to figure out that it's just not there" category. My "second to find" and "third to find (weeks after #1 & 2) are much nicer memories.

Besides, my mornings are now spent planning a multi. This takes a lot more work than I thought it would.

I enjoy geocaching very much. The excitement of being the first to find a new cache is one of the most memorable experiences a new cacher can have.

My problem is that most veteran cachers drop what ever they're doing as soon as a new cache is posted just to be the FTF. I caught a posting this AM about a cacher who just got his 20th FTF. I'm sure there are many with more than that!

How can the rest of the cachers be a FTF if these vets hog them all?

What really irritates me is when you think you might be a FTF only to find you are the second to sign the log and you recognize the name of the cacher ahead of you as being one of these FTF Greedlings. To make matters worse, they leave some dumb little thing like a card or keychain rubbing it in that you're not first.

I understand it is all part of the game, but I was wondering if it might be suggested in a more official manner that if you are a FTF, limit yourself to two or three and give someone else the opportunity to experience the excitement of being a First to Find finder.

Anybody out there feel the same way?

Limiting someone to two or three FTFs is not right. If you want to be FTF, do as others have suggested.... Hit refresh alot, Drop everything, jump in the car naked at 3:30 AM and get there with your flashlight before anyone else is even up.......oh yeah,,, be sure you get dressed in the car before you go out hunting for the cache! Better that than to limit someone elses enjoyment. My first FTF was done in a similar manner to what I just suggested.....Found one posted at 2 am (a multi), slept for a couple hours and hit the road, driving 50 plus miles in dense fog.......flashlights at the ready...... and found it before the sun started to rise. It just depends on if you want to sleep or cache. Caching is more fun! My second was just a casual jaunt, no hurry, got it at 11:30 AM.....but it was only a 1/1. The second finder got there at 9:30 PM. If you find a new cache posted in your area, jump on it! If not you'll just have the same complaint as you do now. Keep trying and you will get to experience FTF.

How about being the first NOT to find? i do not mean going and being completely stumped where that micro is but how about the 5 gallon jar on a mountain top three states away that just happened to be found by a geo-muggle the day before or it was removed for maintinence sake but wasnt posted on the website until after you got back?

oh and about the FTF controversey..... boohoo....hey look im playing the worlds smallest violin for you....

i am a confirmed FFWhore. i have an alarm clock and i know how to use it. i do not know how many ff's i get, but i know that if somebody logs it before i leave the house, i don't have to go hunting in the rain with a headlamp.

i also know that if i'm first, i get to sign my name. if i'm NOT first, i get to read the logs. and maybe pick up a good signature item.

it's all good. all of it. and i refuse to recognize that there's no such thing as a geocaching emergency. i am fully willing to dash out the door at any time.

This looks to be a pretty old thread but I’ll drop my comments in anyway. I am from ScouterMark’s area I think I am familiar with the item that prompted his comment. I also resemble the FTF Greedling, I prefer to think of myself as a FTF Connoisseur, I do have quite a few, with at least 1 per month going back 20 consecutive months and I would like to continue that streak. There is much more to it that dropping everything and running out the door.

I do not agree I should sit on the bench and alter the way I choose to participate.

So come April 1, I will be ready to attempt more FTFs.

I enjoy attempting to be FTF for a variety of reasons and in no particular order here they are;

1. Competition, it is simply I got there before anyone else.

2. See the cache in the original hiding spot.

3. See the cache area undisturbed or no path to it.

4. Upload the first photo into the cache gallery.

5. Figuring how to reprioritize the really important things so that grabbing FTF is the really important thing. Sometimes that is harder and more fun to do than finding the cache.

6. I use the FTF carrot as a motivator to rise earlier.

7. There still is the thrill of opening up the cache and seeing nobody else has been there yet.

8. Night caching is a ball. Night caching in inclement weather is even more fun.

9. I have placed quite a few caches, some with more thought and effort than others but none the less I put in the time to this hobby I am going to bag as many FTF as I can.

Now that being said I agree there are items left by other FTFinders that could be taken as a “rub it in”. It was not me I do not trade. Conversely it is not very sporting to sit on a FTF most of a day and not post it. There has been more new cache activity over on your side of town if you commit to getting a FTF you will.

There are times when I'm kinda annoyed to be FTF. How many days should I wait after a new cache opens up before I go? I've left some for over a week and still got FTF. I don't mind if it's a good cache, but lately they've been more along the lines of 'micro in Walmart parkinglot'. Sure I'll go get them, but I'm in no rush. If I don't FTF today, I can FTF tomorrow.

Wulf

I think being FTF is fun and Im as much of a FTF "hog" as anyone in my area. The FTF race is a friendly competition between local cachers, and just like any other competition, you dont get mad because someone wins more than you. You don't hear people complaing that the Patriots won 12 games in a row and noone is calling them "win hogs".

Recently in the New England forums, a local cacher sponsored Captain Kidd's Treasure Hunt. He hid 4 small wooden treasure chest full of of fake treasures around New England and gave a series of clues to their locations. These prizes were highly sought after and I was lucky to get my hands on one of them.

About 2 weeks after the 4th chest was found, he put out a bonus chest which was considerably larger than the others an he welcomed all, including previous finders to try to find it. As luck would have it, I found that one as well.

After posting my find in the forums, It was mentioned that I was being greedy because I found 2 of these chests even though the cacher running the contest specifically said that previous finders were welcome to join in.

The point is, you really shouldnt get mad at someone whos playing the game well. FTF is open to everyone and everyone has an equal shot at it. You can be FTF too if your willing to do what it takes to get there first such as drive far, or get up in the middle of the night which I have done on MANY occasions.

Attempting to be FTF isn't all it's cracked up to be. I went out late one night just as a cache was approved and went looking for it. After going through thorns and brambles, down a steep bank, avoiding an electric fence and ending up in the middle of a grass field, I realised the cache setter had probably got their GPS set to the wrong Datum. Sure enough, after re-entering the co-ords, renegotiated the fence, went back up the hill, through the thorns again, right to within 50 metres of where I started. The cache was in the usual "under a tree stump" location.

I ended up with the FTF, a holed Goretex, and a long-lasting memory of the night :blink:

FTF is fun. I love to get them, but don't always drop what I'm doing for it. Often times, I'm at work and notice a new cache pop up. Given my job, I can't up and head out for a FTF attempt, so I'm content with waiting until I'm off work. More often than not, I've been FTF using this method.

But yes, I have dropped what I was doing to run out for FTF on occasion. There is a series of caches here that I've been able to get FTF on without skipping a beat. Apparently, nobody on the road at 2:30am thinks it weird that someone is crawling all over a bus stop like a cockroach with a flashlight.

Attempting to be FTF isn't all it's cracked up to be. I went out late one night just as a cache was approved and went looking for it. After going through thorns and brambles, down a steep bank, avoiding an electric fence and ending up in the middle of a grass field, I realised the cache setter had probably got their GPS set to the wrong Datum. Sure enough, after re-entering the co-ords, renegotiated the fence, went back up the hill, through the thorns again, right to within 50 metres of where I started. The cache was in the usual "under a tree stump" location.

Yeah, I posted a cache and it was approved right away. The next morning I took another look at it and noticed the map showed it was somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic. I had keyed in the coordinates wrong. I changed them quickly, but the bad ones were listed for about 12 hours. I only hope some FTF hound isn't still out there paddling his way towards the bad coordinates, because he's gonna be disappointed when he gets there.

Here are some more things you miss by not being the FTF:

- Cache approved but not placed: "2nd finder of the spot where the cache would eventually be placed. GPSFree was already here searching when I arrived. It would have been a righteous hide, if it hadn't really been hiding in Bob's car all night! No harm done. Logged cache after Bob arrived. TFTC."

- Cache coord(s) wildly off: "The original posted N coord was wrong (somewhere in Mtka). I figured maybe it was off by 1 minute, but I wasn't sure because it would still have been outside the park according to my map, and the topo map didn't show anything consistent with the clue there. Nevertheless, it was a nice warm day for caching (30+) and I figured worse case I'd have to walk the W longitude line until I found something consistent with the clue. So I set off for the cache with nonlinear-kelsey who is always ready and willing to do a "puzzle" cache."

Yeah, I posted a cache and it was approved right away. The next morning I took another look at it and noticed the map showed it was somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic.

I guess it must have a five-star rating, since the approver did not question its WaterWorld location?

-WR

Brian, at least I got a good upperbody workout in my kayak on that cache... all was not lost. But dang, if you place the coords in the Atlantic again by mistake, can you misplace them a bit more southerly? The worst part (other than not being the ftf) was negotiating the icebergs...

I also resemble the FTF Greedling, I prefer to think of myself as a FTF Connoisseur

Unfortunately we have a number of Connoisseur's in our area! It really makes the FTF difficult unless you are willing to go out at midnight, or can get to a cache before 7am. I've learned my lesson about getting out early, as Wheelygood has beaten me to caches by an hour or less on a couple of occasions. So I'm going to start setting my alarm earlier!

I was recently a FTF. On my 50th cache.. it was already 2 days old when I got there.. I was thrilled to be FTF. Will I hunt for the chance to be first in the future.. probably not unless it just happens..

Ahh.. but the sight of that pure white log book sure was nice! And someone mentioned earlier that there is not "game trail" to the cache. It was a much harder find than more established ones (not to mention the mile and a half hike). So that aspect of getting to a new cache I really do like.

Being new to the game, we have no FTFs. Personally, I don't see any reason to rush out and get one. We get enough time-pressure in our jobs, so any hobby we partake in will not include pressure that we do something on someone else's timing. If we want to sleep in late on saturday and then take a drive and stroll, that's what we do. Just because someone gets up earlier or stays up later doesn't, in my book, mean they are better than we are- they just have different priorities in life.

That being said, I understand others have a different perspective on the idea and I will be the last person to criticize them. If some view it as a competition to be won or lost based on the number of FTFs they log, more power to them- they're playing a differnt game than we are. I think the only FTF that would have any value to me is a cache that already has multiple DNFs logged.

:D

Sorry to disagree with you -- but if you want to be first to find a cache, then you need to put some extra effort into it. If the person who always beats you to the cache gets there at 0600, then go at 0530. If you don't want to get up that early, then forget about this -- it clearly is not that important to you (compared to the other guy) and you can go on to enjoy the other aspects of the sport.

O.k. Scoutermark. Look at this way. I have 400+ finds. wow, who cares right. I also have other hobbies. Get where that is going? If one guy has all the FTFs maybe you need enjoy the placements like I do. Or you could stay home all day and pine over a new cache coming out.

I have yet to log a first time find. When I do, though, I want to know I earned it. For some, FTF is a type of trophy. I will consider it that way when I get one. A trophy has zero value, however, if all the competitors step aside to let you have it. What would be the point? FTF is a tenous trophy as is, but LETTING others get one, well, sheesh, no fun there.

I enjoy FTF'ing, being relatively new, I certainly can't participate in any of the other numbers games and really am not interested in caching all the time.

However, I'm not interested in getting up at odd hours, so the "be there at daybreak" cachers can have those. I'll take the "found it at midnight" FTF's instead!

You see?

There's a solution to every problem!

OTOH, you can be first-finder at any cache I place... Also, they tend to be regional, new caches to the NW of me are FTF from a certain couple cachers, due west is another, NE others, etc...

Enjoy,

Randy

PS: Currently 14% of my finds are FTFs!

PPS: I DID find it obnoxious when 5 new placements came up and one pair of cachers took ALL the FTF prizes!?!! I've also forgone first certain times, such as a relocated/listed cache I had been FTF on.

WE LIVE FAR OUT IN THE COUNTRY AND THERE AREN'T MANY CACHERS OUT HERE. I HAVE GOTTEN 2 FTF'S BECAUSE WE ARE SO FAR OUT, I AM GOING TO PLACE AT LEAST 3 MORE CACHES OUT HTIS WAY AND I AM SURE THAT THE SAME PEOPLE WILL BE FTF ON ALL OF THEM, BECAUSE WE ARE SO REMOTE. THE FIRST ONE I PLACED AND THEY WERE SO EXCITED BECUASE THEY ARE NEW AND THEY GOT TO BE FTF. :wub: SO HOW DOES ONE PREVENT THIS? NOT PUT ANY CACHES OUT HERE, THE CLOSEST ONE TO MY HOUSE IS 3 MILES AND IT IS MINE THE NEXT CLOSEST IS OVER 10 MILES AND WE ONLY GO UP FROM THERE.

:D