Geocaching Book Coming Out Soon

suethorn

There was someone who posted here some a year or more ago researching a geocaching book. I don't think the person was initially a cacher, but kind of became one while working on the book. I don't know if that is the same person who authored the book that is coming out, but I suspect that it is.

I think that's to avoid confusing it with aching of your geocs (as in Geoc Aching).

Our local group is Nebraskache I always see "Nebrask Ache" when I read it! :( Maybe I'll start spelling it NebrasKache.

Oh gee, thanks... now WE will see that too! :D

Kinda like telling someone NOT to think about a purple hippo!

I do have one of Tom Browns wilderness survival books. This guy knows his stuff. He was also the technical advisor on a recent movie with Tommy Lee Jones where he was a tracker looking for some vietnam vet in the woods. I recegnized the way the actor was walking in the woods to be quiet as what I learned in the book and was not surprised to find out where it was learned.

I'm interested in seeing what is in there. It seems that after about a dozen or so finds, one knows 95% of what there is to know about Geocaching. The rest is experience.

If the book has a bunch or stories about the adventures of Geocachers, it could be worth the time, otherwise, I'll just go out caching.

RuffRidr wrote:

Check out the last book in the "People who bought this book also bought" section on the link above. Does someone need a book for that?

I've seen that book it's practical and funny at the same time. Kind of a "potty training" for yuppies that finally take their SUVs out of the big city!

What I don't understand is how people bought a book that isn't released yet?

For Sale: Bridge in New York, cheap.

I do have one of Tom Browns wilderness survival books. This guy knows his stuff. He was also the technical advisor on a recent movie with Tommy Lee Jones where he was a tracker looking for some vietnam vet in the woods. I recegnized the way the actor was walking in the woods to be quiet as what I learned in the book and was not surprised to find out where it was learned.

I deliver food supplies to his camp in Asbury,NJ (Warren Co.) and there is always something cool going on there. I looked into taking a course and the price tag is out of my league.

There was someone who posted here some a year or more ago researching a geocaching book. I don't think the person was initially a cacher, but kind of became one while working on the book. I don't know if that is the same person who authored the book that is coming out, but I suspect that it is.

THIS is that old thread...and it is the same guy.

Edited by Stunod