Who Was In Ffa

The Weasel

I wasn't in 4-H or Boy Scouts, but I was in FFA. I was the state winner in the Outdoor Recreation profincancy award, and a gold national winner. I got the state FFA degree and was on our chapters state Conduct of Meetings gold winning team. I was a star Chapter Agibusinessman and held various officer positions.

I was a state officer in FFA and earned American Farmer Degree. Also did an internship at the National FFA Center

Uh, since this really doesn't have anything to do with geocaching though, don't be too surprised when this thread gets closed. :) Of course though, the scouting ones haven't so maybe it'll survive awhile.

Edited by pater47
I was a state officer in FFA and earned American Farmer Degree. Also did an internship at the National FFA Center

Uh, since this really doesn't have anything to do with geocaching though, don't be too surprised when this thread gets closed. :) Of course though, the scouting ones haven't so maybe it'll survive awhile.

Well I think it fits into geocaching. FFA promotes conservation and some of the same things that geocaching does.

I come from a long line of FFA'ers! My Sister was State "Queen" and always cleaned up at the judging contests for floriculture. She also held a few offices. My B-I-L (a dairy farmer) also held a few offices and was a master public speaker. His Sister is now some kind of state FFA state director. My niece is now in high school and is showing up both her parents! I was sentinel and president of my chapter. I wonder if my jacket still fits :)

Edited by Team Lyons

I was in FFA all 4 years of high school...but not on purpose!

I took welding classes all four years, which is concidered an AG class. FFA membership is included when taking any AG class. I never attended a single meeting, wore a jacket, or raised a farm animal, but was listed as a member all four years.

Ed