Good Pda Deal

WARTIDE

For any of you looking for a good PDA to run cachemate and go paperless, tigerdirect.com has a pretty good deal on the Palm IIIxe. I have a IIIxe and couldn't be happier, however I bought mine on Ebay and paid about $75 for it. Check it out at www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=660451&SRCCODE=WEM587C

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with tigerdirect, I just thought this might be a good idea for a geocacher.

Hey Wartide,

I'm not sure of the "pecking order" of Palm model numbers, but I use an almost-two-year-old Sony Clie PEG-S360. 16 megs internal memory, grayscale, memory stick slot. Has plenty of space for what I do with it, and still does what I originally bought it for nicely, so I haven't upgraded.

However... LOTS of people have, apparently! On a whim, I checked ebay for the above model number, and WHOA... I won't feel too bad if I lose it tomorrow, now! These units are going for about $30 + shipping! :):):)

Would be a very cool starter PDA for anyone looking to get into paperless caching.

Refurb IIIxe units for $69 are available at Frye's (Seattle area, likely in Portland and CA) which is a pretty normal price, you used to be able to get refurbs from Palm directly as well. I've used one for a few years now, makes an excellent cheap GPS PDA for sure !

A Palm IIIxe has 8 MB RAM, and a greyscale screen @ 160 x 160. It's a great, rugged PDA. Much better to use than one of the newer PDAs. I use a Tungsten T3, and I'm always afraid I'm going to drop it, or fall and break it, so I'm thinking of getting a IIIxe just to use for paperless caching.

A Palm IIIxe has 8 MB RAM, and a greyscale screen @ 160 x 160. It's a great, rugged PDA. Much better to use than one of the newer PDAs. I use a Tungsten T3, and I'm always afraid I'm going to drop it, or fall and break it, so I'm thinking of getting a IIIxe just to use for paperless caching.

The Sony I mentioned above has 16 mb internal, and a expansion slot. I'm trying to talk a caching buddy into getting one, but he's adamant that "he doesn't do ebay!"

I may just get myself a backup...