Missing Tb's

St.Brendan

How can I log in th TB log that a TB is missing? How can I tell is a TB is still in the Cache? I traveled pretty far today to pick up a TB with a mission I could help with and it was missing.

I post the information in the cache log. Then send an email to the bug owner that I did not see his bug. The owner should then grab the bug to get it out of the cache listing.

The reason you went to the cache and the results of your venture is why cache owners want the ability to remove bugs that are not in the cache. But that is another argument.

How can I log in th TB log that a TB is missing? How can I tell is a TB is still in the Cache? I traveled pretty far today to pick up a TB with a mission I could help with and it was missing.

I post the information in the cache log. Then send an email to the bug owner that I did not see his bug. The owner should then grab the bug to get it out of the cache listing.

The reason you went to the cache and the results of your venture is why cache owners want the ability to remove bugs that are not in the cache. But that is another argument.

The bug in question was taken by a first time cacher. He has been e-mailed.

Mejas

The bug in question was taken by a first time cacher. He has been e-mailed.

Mejas

New cacher still hasn't loged the bug or answerd e-mail. ;)

Mejas

Usually if I think one of my TB's is MIA, instead of removing it from a cache page and mess up the mileage, I will edit the description of the bug "GEOCoin (Missing)" This way if someone looks at the cache page they know not to go looking for it. I do this because I have had bugs come back to life after a few months.

Good idea Chazman. I've had one missing from Fort Christmas cache since April or May, I never thought of renaming it. I finally went out today and grabbed it. I also grabbed a couple of my other Tbugs that have been missing from caches for quite some time now. I also grabbed a couple back from people (I won't call them cachers) who have either given up the sport or just like to kidnap TBugs. Unfortunately there are such knuckleheads out there.

I wish we, as bug owners, had a way of re-issuing a bug, (some of the ones I grabbed today have some significant mileage) using the copy tag. Unfortunately if the knucklehead bugnapper still has the original he will still be able to screw with it.

Or it would be great if TPTB could find a way that the owner of the bug could transfer a bugs previous travels to a completely new tag. That way the scoundrel would not have access to it, and the old tag could be retired.

Just my 2 cents on a frustrating caching problem. I don't read the forums all that often so if these situations have been previously discussed or corrected please let me know.

T

H

EDGE

One of my bugs that was in PA has gone missing. I noticed today that GC has given us the choice of listing a TB as lost. This will remove the TB from a cache that is still listing it. I also have a cache that is listing a TB as being there and I know for a fact that the TB is missing. I wish GC can give us a way of unlisting that TB from my cache. The owner of the TB is not responding to emails... (I HATE THAT!)

Usually if I think one of my TB's is MIA, instead of removing it from a cache page and mess up the mileage, I will edit the description of the bug "GEOCoin (Missing)" This way if someone looks at the cache page they know not to go looking for it. I do this because I have had bugs come back to life after a few months.

Excellent!

Why didn't I think of that!?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D