Nordic Multicache - Help Needed!!

hedberg

Hi! We have an idea that we want to perform.

We are planning of making a Nordic countries multicache.

This means that we want to have 1 cache in each of the SECOND largest town in each Nordic region country.

Each cache will have a part of the final coordinates.

Now will you ask a number of questions?

Why a multi all over the Nordic Countries?

It's a fun idea and can be something challenging to do.

Why the second largest towns?

Why must all be in the capitals??

In which country will the final be?

We haven't thought about that yet.

How are we gonna do it?

We have thought that we can get in touch with cachers from the second-largest town in each country. If they are willing to participate, they will have to hide a cache of the own choice. They will be the owner of the cache and take care of the cache. They will leave a note in the cache with a part of the final coordinates.

If you think this is a fun idea, and can help us out. Please contact us!!!

Why the second largest towns?

Why must all be in the capitals??

Great idea, like it - hope you can do it!

However in Denmark the vast majority of active geocachers live in Zealand - within 35 km of Copenhagen. :)

Aarhus is the second largest town and holds far less active geocachers.

This could cause some problems with your concept:

:) Can you find anyone to arrange it?

:D Will more than a few geocachers actually go there?

Of course I don't have the answers to these questions, but you could take them into consideration when planning ahead.

Edited by ArktiS

Finland’s second biggest city is Espoo, in Norway it is Bergen and in Iceland I think it is Akureyri.

Coordinate average of these five cities is about N60° 01 E6° 49. It is in Norway near Odda. That could be good place for the final cache.

I think that all these five caches can be independent and have their own log book and part of the final coordinates. So we have six Nordic caches.

PekkaR

Edited by PekkaR

That is the plan. Each cache is a stand-alone-cache but has also a cluenote for the finalcache.

This means that it will most probably take some time before anyone will take them all, but you can take a couple of them perhaps??

Regarding the numbers of cachers that would visit a cache on the 'countryside' (according to the people living in the capital :)) would perhaps increase when there are more caches? Not all caches can be at one place....

The fun of these caches are that they are all over our region and people sometimes travel. This means that it for somepeople might take several years or several months to solve it. For other it might never happen.

For example are there a lot of norwegians going to Sweden and Göteborg in summertime (for the amusementpark Liseberg). The athleticgame that we in Sweden call "Finnkampen" are in Göteborg every second year. Perhaps there might be an athleticinterested geocacher from Finland comming here? Going from Sweden to both Norway and Finland are popular...

And going from Sweden to Denmark is even more popular nowadays, with the new lower taxes on alcohol in Denmark :):D

So I think that it can be a fun challenge for geocachers. And if you after a time have all clues except one, I think you will plan a trip to the last one... That is how a geocachers mind work :D :D

But if anyone of you are interested of owning a cache in this multi, please contact us.

It must not be IN the second largest town, it can be just OUTSIDE the second largst town also...

I agree with with Erwast - it will take probably a looooonooong time until someone will find the final cache. And if we think about "geocaching countries", then there should be caches also in Greenland, Faroe Islands and probably also in Åland Isles.

Hmmm, or maybe not.... if you get a sponsor like Magellan or Garmin, who will donate a new GPSr as the First To Find prize, it could speed up the finding process :)

And if we think about "geocaching countries", then there should be caches also in Greenland, Faroe Islands and probably also in Åland Isles.

Well, the original idea pointed just to Nordic countries, and since the areas you mentioned are part of the Nordic countries, I see no reason to include them separately. That is, if Denmark's part of the multicache is placed in Greenland, there's no need to hide another in 'main' Denmark. Another question, of course, is whether there is any point to hide a multicache stash in Greenland if the main goal is to have some people ever find it. :)

Also the question about Iceland's part of this multicache under development is valid. If the finding of the final cache demands visiting every single cache, it will probably take a while until someone has really visited all the Nordic countries, including Iceland.

Edit: Hedberg managed to post his previous note just before me, and that naturally puts my note into slightly different light.

Edited by Divine