MM Club

I'm impressed ChrisCindy.  The after work posters wont have to dig for the new posts because you've kept them afloat  :rolleyes:  nice work

All in a days work...but really like I said if it weren't for me being sick I would be off doing something else.

Nah. You'd be caching instead.

I'm impressed ChrisCindy.  The after work posters wont have to dig for the new posts because you've kept them afloat  :rolleyes:  nice work

All in a days work...but really like I said if it weren't for me being sick I would be off doing something else.

Hey, I went caching today. I also managed to make a fair number of posts :rolleyes:

Hey, I went caching today. I also managed to make a fair number of posts :D

Some people have all the luck.

I can't remember what caching was, it seems like it's been so long. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to Chris&Cindy for being the first to make 200 posts in 24 hours! WooHoo! :rolleyes:

Jeez... hope you are feeling better today.... :rolleyes:

Well the lung aliens are still trying to purge themselves from my body to escape and reproduce but other then that I am feeling better. :D

vomit-smiley-006.gif

vomit-smiley-010.gif

Edited by Doc-Dean
Congratulations to Chris&Cindy for being the first to make 200 posts in 24 hours! WooHoo! :rolleyes:

Jeez... hope you are feeling better today.... :rolleyes:

Well the lung aliens are still trying to purge themselves from my body to escape and reproduce but other then that I am feeling better. :D

vomit-smiley-006.gif

vomit-smiley-010.gif

Thats about the size of it.

I was thinking I could do it on Monday (usually a popular day around the forums) Then I remembered I have to go to Raton and check out Sugarite Park for my event. I realized that this Monday is a holiday and I'd have to take all 3 kids with me (can't leave one in school), so I should take the wife. She works Monday, so that's out. Then she went and got sick. Can't go back to work until Tuesday. Hmmm...Sunday and Monday with no work...What could we do those two days?Lets go on a caching trip! We can even hit some Colorado caches and stay in a motel somewhere :lol:

/rambling

I was thinking I could do it on Monday (usually a popular day around the forums) Then I remembered I have to go to Raton and check out Sugarite Park for my event. I realized that this Monday is a holiday and I'd have to take all 3 kids with me (can't leave one in school), so I should take the wife. She works Monday, so that's out. Then she went and got sick. Can't go back to work until Tuesday. Hmmm...Sunday and Monday with no work...What could we do those two days?Lets go on a caching trip! We can even hit some Colorado caches and stay in a motel somewhere :lol:

/rambling

Enjoy.

/rambling

Enjoy.

I've decided that sax is more important.

I'll still head up to Raton on Monday, but Sunday is reserved for sax (and the playoffs) :wub:

If you cached as hard as you posted Sax, you would be unstoppable.

I figure I'll post a lot now, then when I retire I can catch up on caching. I'll get my post to cache ratio up really high, then spend my golden years lowering it again :o

Don't let anyone kid you, these are your Golden Years! :D

Then I need to move. I ran out of caches in my area! :D

This thread has been a lot of fun. It seems like only yesterday I hit 2000 posts as only the 11th person to do so. Now 2000 posts doesn't seem like such a big deal. There are 17 people now with 1800 or more posts, so this group will no longer be the "exclusive club" it once was.

Sparky joined the site just before I started this thread, and will probably make his 2000th post tonight. While I wish him well, I feel it would be inappropriate for me to continue this thread. I now have over 3750 posts, so it doesn't make much sense to lead the MM Club any longer. It also means both Sparky and I have posted nearly the same amount in the last 3 months.

I realized something as I approached Markwell on the all-time top posters list (This was around 3000 posts and I almost closed this thread then). Sparky has been rather entertaining since he joined here, and I've seen plenty of comments comparing me to him. I don't just want to be another "Sparky", I want my own identity. Now, I posted plenty of humorous replies long before Sparky came on the scene, but I don't want to just do that. Markwell has posted lots of helpful things long before I was around, but I don't want to just copy him either.

Since mid-December, I've started posting more on-topic, helpful replies that include my own unique sense of humor instead of one or the other. I've posted a "thread of the week" at least once a week since then. My "thread of the week" is meant to start a thought-provoking discussion and not be just another mindless thread. Every one of my weekly threads has become a "hot topic", so it is working as planned. While some of them are more about Geocaching than others, they all relate to it in order to please the moderators. I'm working within the system instead of trying to push the limits so much. I still get accused of posting just to increase my post count, but I haven't done that since I had 2000 posts 2-3 months ago.

A lot has changed since I hit the 2000 post mark. Back then we were in a daily battle to keep threads from being locked. Off-topic posts were strictly forbidden by TPTB. Now, the moderators have backed off a bit (in some cases quite a lot). As long as the vast majority of threads are about Geocaching, they don't seem to mind a few that aren't. This thread is one of the last off-topic threads from that era that was allowed to exist (Abject Silliness is the other main thread). Now that the forums seem to be running smoothly again, this thread has outlived its purpose.

Closing this thread as it has served its intended purpose.