Winchester Xmas Bash

Seifer

We are organising another late X-mas socail like last year (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=46916). The Date is provisionally fixed as 25th Janurary 2004. The Co-ords are the same as last year (N 51° 06.005 W 001° 24.025) We are probably going to place a cache in the village of Crawley for you to go and find and there is also going to be a prize for the person who travels to the event in the most environmentally friendly way (I think!).

We will be going down the Pub sometime soon to arrange bookings.

Secret Santa will also make a comeback, but we will post details of that nearer the date. We will also be doing a couple of silly quizzes (Can any cacher who has a Dog please email me a photo on michael@v-69.co.uk)

I'm pretty sure I've missed something, but I'll remember later!

EDIT: I remember, Omally will be selling ammo boxes

If you have any intention of coming, please reply below so we can have an idea of numbers.

Mike Blitz (The Starnge One)

Edited by Seifer

OK, I can now confirm that the Winchester Late Xmas Cache Bash will be on Sunday 25th Jan, 2004, at the "Rack & Manger Country Pub & Restaurant" (ie same as in Jan 2003!)

The proprietor came up with a good suggestion: rather than trying to serve us during the normal Sunday-lunch period (ie 12 to 2-ish), he could keep the kitchen open later than normal, and then serve us all after 2-00 or 2-30.

That seems like a reasonable suggestion.... it makes it less of a rush for people to arrive, and lets people chat & have a drink or three first. It would also let the early-arrivers go out to do the event cache before lunch if they wish to.

Of course, if you feel you can't wait that late for food, you could always book for lunch in the restaurant side.

Could I have some feedback on this idea please?

Michael has started on the event's cache page, so that should be available shortly.

Paul

Edited by paul.blitz
We'll be there.... erm where exactly is 'there'? Not sure where that pub is.

Cheers

Peter and Susan

For anyone who prefers finding the place without resorting to a GPS, the pub is the "Rack & Manger", and is on the Stockbridge Road (B3049) about 6 km NW of Winchester.

Driving from Winchester, its 2 km past Sparsholt College, its on the left on the crossroads (where you would turn right to go to Crawley).

For those who want to do some other caches, then our "Up & Down Again" multicache is a further 4.7 km towards Stockbridge. Also, "Dodge City? Where time stood still" is a nice walk around and near Stockbridge itself (6.5km away). I'll print off some cache sheets for those as well.

Not to forget the event cache itself, which will be, I hope, in Crawley Village area, and will be available to do all day (clue sheets will be available at the pub).

Paul

QUOTE (Nzbuu @ Dec 20 2003, 06:28 PM)

I intend to be there if I can find someone to take me. 

Well, if you let everyone know WHERE you are, you might get an offer of a lift....

Speaking of lifts! Meery Christmas to you Hornet B) are going to be going to this again B) wink wink....nudge nudge....I owe you a pint I feel :unsure:

For anyone who prefers finding the place without resorting to a GPS, the pub is the "Rack & Manger", and is on the Stockbridge Road (B3049) about 6 km NW of Winchester.

Driving from Winchester, its 2 km past Sparsholt College, its on the left on the crossroads (where you would turn right to go to Crawley).

For those who want to do some other caches, then our "Up & Down Again" multicache is a further 4.7 km towards Stockbridge. Also, "Dodge City? Where time stood still" is a nice walk around and near Stockbridge itself (6.5km away). I'll print off some cache sheets for those as well.

-- - -

km..?? What's that in real money? (miles, yards, feet, inches, thou)

B)B):unsure:B)

Just so you know (I've been asked a couple of times):

No, there is no need to book lunch, if you want to do as most people will, which is to be fed after about 2:00/2:30ish.

The landlord is keeping the kitchen open late, and will feed his "normal" customers, and then feed us. Doing things like that should mean that we shouldn't have to wait so long for food.

(If you wish to be "a normal customer", and book a table, and be fed between 12:00 and 2:00 then you will need to book)

Paul