Cog Cache Out Of Winter: 2004 Spring Event

Rabid Bunny

Hey Columbus! Keep your eyes and calendars open for a big Geo-event coming March 20th. Games! Prizes! Food! Caches!

Inspired by an event NeoGranger and I attended up near Cleveland, we hope to throw a bash those of all ages will enjoy. We promise you won't be bored, or even required to be social :D, but we're sure everyone will come around. :P

New to the sport? Haven't been around in a while? Been around and can't stop caching?! :D Then this is the event for you! Bring your friends, neighbors, kids, pets and GPS, 'cause you don't want to miss it!

Alright, enough hype. I'll be posting the event page in a week or two, but feel free to contact Rabid Bunny, Mr. 0 or Bjorn75 if ya want to RSVP now.

See ya in March!

I just have to add that it's 74...

And, to pre-empt the inevitable...

Yeah, we know it's the same day as the MidWest Invitational. It also happens to be the same weekend as the first and second rounds of the NCAA Div-I Basketball tournament, so if you have to come to Columbus to support your team, you can take the off day to spend caching with us!

We're trying to gather some support. We'd be happy to hear how folks have gotten sponsors for prizes and such. We've got some mechanisms in place, but tried and true is always best...

Bummer, I'm gonna be in Bowling Green that weekend for the YMCA Great Lakes regional swim meet and will be unable to attend. I've done many caches in Columbus and was anxious to meet some of you guys.

Ben, come on over to the OKIC website and make a posting for your event in our Forums. I'm sure many of our folks would like to attend (Ladybuggers!, dliming, Draegon, etc.). If you want, I can make it for you ... just let me know what to say.

Have a good time!

Cheers ... BVCY Swim

Beavercreek, OH

OKIC Cache Advisor

http://www.okic.org

Well, since Columbus is a whole lot closer to the North Coast City than Saint Louis, I agree with my primate companion that there will undoubtedly be a strong presence on the part of NEOGeocachers -- in fact I'm sure this will be popular with all of Ohio's caching groups. :)

Look forward to getting down to Columbus again and see all the COGgers again.

NEOGeo was going to have a cachepedition to Columbus but it fell through, maybe we'll have to reinvent it and combine it with this event?

Cache well, and see you around the bend. :)

We'll be placing some grand caches that same weekend. It would be a good time to head down. For that matter, if you want some local help, let us know anytime you're in town. I haven't found most of the Franklin County caches, being a lowly 100'r. You'd be pressed to find one RB hasn't, though.