An Enlightening Question...

Jomarac5

How many caching forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

If you use an LED night-caching headlamp, you won't need to change any lightbulbs!

Not to quibble but:

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

''...that "light bulb" is perfectly acceptable'' might be a better word choice! {wink}

Heh,

Randy

PS: You forgot, "7 who respond as if the post was not humor or satire"

Reply to OFF-Topic Topic:

Changing a light bulb is easy:

• Break bulb in anger, then remove the rest with pliers, then install a new one.
  • Throw away the whole lamp, if you don't know how to change it, then put a new lamp on the table.
  • Use a lamp that uses multiple bulbs, so you don't have too.

Break bulb in anger, then remove the rest with pliers, then install a new one.

You don't use pliers to remove a broken light bulb! You cut a potato in half around its equator, jam it onto the broken bulb, twist, and Voila!, it comes out! Now back to our regular programming.............

You don't use pliers to remove a broken light bulb! You cut a potato in half around its equator, jam it onto the broken bulb, twist, and Voila!, it comes out! Now back to our regular programming.............

Hmm... I think the pliers are a bit easier to find around the house. We only buy those nice little red potatoes anyway, I dont think they will work as well. :P

This reminds me of a cole slaw respie I found once......(Thanks Emo, I knew you would help me one day.)

1. Chop cabbage into large bowl.

2. Look for green peppers.

3. Drive to store.

4. Choose green peppers.

5. Carry them to a cashier.

6. Drive home.

7. Find money.

8. Drive to store.

9. Buy green peppers.

10. Drive home.

11. Chop green peppers into bowl.

12. Look for mayonnaise.

13. Drive to stupid store.

14. Buy mayonnaise.

15. Drive home.

16. Mix mayonnaise into bowl.

17. Look for lousy raisins.

18. Drive to store.

19. Ignore cashier’s ignorant snickering.

20. Buy stupid lousy raisins.

21. Drive home.

22. Mix raisins into bowl.

23. Look for stupid lousy miserable stinking carrots.

24. Drive to blasted stupid lousy store.

25. Buy lousy miserable stinking stupid carrots.

26. Yell at stupid ignorant store personnel for laughing at you.

27. Crawl to car.

28. Drive home.

29. Chop stupid lousy miserable stinking lousy stupid lousy miserable stupid stinking lousy carrots into bowl.

30. Look for finger.

31. Look harder for finger.

32. Look everywhere for finger.

33. See cat scurrying away.

34. Chase cat out door.

35. Follow cat into new neighbor’s house, surprising him in the middle of a crack deal. Dive over sofa to escape automatic weapon fire, landing on cat’s tail, causing cat to jump up screeching and claw new neighbor’s eyes as he’s bending over the sofa to shoot you, enabling you to grab automatic weapon from his hand and hold it on him and other crack dealer until police arrive, arrest them, and drive you and cat to hospital, where cat’s stomach is pumped, finger is found and it’s sewn on good as new.

36. Collect reward of half of neighbor’s property from police drug dealer auction, then just buy all the ready-made coleslaw you want from a nice deli.

Doombot!

Edited by Keystone Approver
Lemme guess: You found them in a cache the day after the game?

LOL! BUT... That comment depresses me to the point where I can't change my just burnt out kitchen light. I wouldn't be surprised if Stunod feels the same way! :)

Oh well, I'll just change that bulb NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!! Right Stunod? :)

Restock the bullpen & maybe I-Rod behind the plate.

2004 will be a very good year (it better be...these darn season tix are expensive!).

Soooo..... you have heard the I-Rod thing too ?!?!? I can't speak for season tix since I'm in Nebraska and have to stick with a few trips and expensive playoff tix when they happen. This year, my Mom and I figured that spending a small fortune on NLCS 6 and 7 was worth spending some of Mom's inheritance on since Grandpa was a lifelong fan (since before 1900 I think, and we had his 84 playoff tix stubs with us). He was buried in the mid 1990's, at close to 100 with his Cubs pin on, and Mom had them play "take me out to the ballgame" at his funeral as his casket was taken out (no kidding, and it brought the nursing home people, who always had to wait for games to be over to put him to bed, to tears))! For Grandpa, there was always next year, and he never got to see it. And thus, there it is, and will always be, for me and Mom too!!!!

Edited by carleenp

And make sure you have no power going to the broken light bulb unless you want to recreate an episode of "Tool Time" :):)