Any One With A Geko 201 Find This Too?

geko 201

Has anynoe else with a geko 201 found this too.........................

When the gps is off if you hold In the on button and the enter button at the same time it goes into this funny mode which has:

Bravo ver 8

Software 2.00

2:53:51am

Temp 24 c

Bat 2.64v

Ext

Freg 16367675

Etc...............

And I was wondering if it was just my gps or if its everones and what the heck it is?

Is the new software upgrade worth it?

Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:

Added Greek translations and Greek font.

Corrected compass display when navigating routes in areas with significant declination.

Corrected problem that turned the track log setup on at the start of every power cycle.

Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:

Fixed potential memory corruption problem that could occur when tracking more than one WAAS satellite simultaneously.

Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:

Updated French Translations.

Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the unit's current position. A unit will not use a WAAS/EGNOS satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.

Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:

Improved readability of '2' and '3' characters in the 5-point font.

Changed to turn off GPS receiver if you select 'YES' from the 'ARE YOU INDOORS...' dialog.

Added an 'ABOUT GEKO' dialog accessible from the Satellite View Page's option menu.

You can by a cable from http://www.gpsgeek.com. I think the cable is about $8 + S/H or so. I did and I'm happy. Much more resonable price then Garmin's cable.

Is the new software upgrade worth it?

Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:

Added Greek translations and Greek font.

Corrected compass display when navigating routes in areas with significant declination.

Corrected problem that turned the track log setup on at the start of every power cycle.

Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:

Fixed potential memory corruption problem that could occur when tracking more than one WAAS satellite simultaneously.

Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.20:

Updated French Translations.

Improved WAAS/EGNOS satellite selection algorithm to select the satellite with the most beneficial corrections given the unit's current position. A unit will not use a WAAS/EGNOS satellite if the unit's current position is outside of a given WAAS/EGNOS satellite's service volume.

Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:

Improved readability of '2' and '3' characters in the 5-point font.

Changed to turn off GPS receiver if you select 'YES' from the 'ARE YOU INDOORS...' dialog.

Added an 'ABOUT GEKO' dialog accessible from the Satellite View Page's option menu.

You can by a cable from http://www.gpsgeek.com. I think the cable is about $8 + S/H or so. I did and I'm happy. Much more resonable price then Garmin's cable.

ok....I bought the cable and I'm ready to upgrade the software. I don't have a problem downloading the software and hooking up the cable to the unit. What settings should I select on the geko for the upgrade. The website says I need to put the unit in simulator mode. How do I do that?....I couldn't find anything in the manual.

What settings should I select on the geko for the upgrade. The website says I need to put the unit in simulator mode. How do I do that?....I couldn't find anything in the manual.

I just set the interface to "Garmin" in the setup menu. Make sure the unit is powered on. That's all I did.

The program will first find the GPS, so no harm in firing it up if you're not sure.

What settings should I select on the geko for the upgrade.  The website says I need to put the unit in simulator mode.  How do I do that?....I couldn't find anything in the manual.

I just set the interface to "Garmin" in the setup menu. Make sure the unit is powered on. That's all I did.

The program will first find the GPS, so no harm in firing it up if you're not sure.

It worked!....thanks for the help