Christmas List

LaPaglia

quote:
Originally posted by Team Lyons:

I'd like to have two Rhino's. A 120 for me and a 110 for my wife. And one of those fancy walking sitcks everyone raves about. I only want the Rhino's for the radio's basically. Can someone point me to a good pair of two way radio's for less then $200?

GO to Best-Buy or Target or WalMart.

I got my Uniden GMRS/FRS radios (like the radio part of the the Rino) for $39.95 US. they have a pair for $19.99 up to $70.00 US. great for caching

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)

I would like:

Digital Camera

The Two Towers extended edition DVD

New Leatherman Tool

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

-My own DVD store.

-My own 3000 acre park to place caches.

-Garmin

-Microsoft

-Sun Microsystems

...Oh, sorry, just dreaming out loud.

All I really want for christmas is my two front teeth....

----

"The geocacher formerly known as K-9Cacher."

Extra batteries for GPS, don't leave home without 'em.

I want a bluetooth GPS... I want, I want, I want! It will complete my bluetooth computer, phone and PDA. For those of you who care, they all work flawlessly together icon_smile.gif

Although I believe GPSs are for buying and not selling, I will have to sell my current Rino 120 first.

[This message was edited by 4agers on October 26, 2003 at 05:56 PM.]

Ditto on the Cannon. I heard they now have a digital Rebel. That would let me use all of the lenses I bought for my Rebel 2000.

I'd also like to get a laptop mount for the car, a couple more LED flashlights, a bigger pack, and a high speed internet connection.

[This message was edited by Bloencustoms on March 32, 1999 at 25:60 PM]

-El Diablo Hiking Staff

-Night Vision Goggles

-New Boots

-100 ammo boxes

-100 little note pads

-1000 compass key chains

-1000 carabiners/mini flashlights

-and a Yellow Jeep

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

I want a Drawing Knife. For those that don't know...it's used for de-barking hiking sticks.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

I haven't seen one of those in almost thirty years!! And it was at least another forty years older! icon_biggrin.gif

I understand Santa is old enough to know about them. icon_smile.gif You forgot to mention what length you prefer, 8 1/2, 9 1/2, or 11 1/2? Do you prefer a particular Brand?

Some of us are old enough to know the 'old boy' icon_biggrin.gif

John

It's hard to remember that your primary objective is to drain the swamp, when you're up to your a$$ in alligators.

quote:
Originally posted by GroundClutter:

I would like:

1)GPS V

2)Walking stick

3)Sighting compass

4)30 less pounds

5)to be finished taking courses so that I'll have time to cache!

6)laptop

That'll do it for now. Don't want to be greedy!

"You are cleared for geocaching."

That's pretty funny...you already HAVE most of that...wink wink nudge nudge.

How much intelligence does it take to sneak up on a piece of tupperware?

quote:

I'd like to have two Rhino's. A 120 for me and a 110 for my wife. And one of those fancy walking sitcks everyone raves about. I only want the Rhino's for the radio's basically. Can someone point me to a good pair of two way radio's for less then $200?

Audiovox has an integrated frs/gmrs/gps radio with the "buddy" feature (lets you beam your coords to your buddy). As a GPSr...it is lacking features. If you want a good frs/gmrs radio with a basic gps, this unit may be the ticket. They are less than $90 each.

"Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!"

I just got a nice digital camera (Canon A-70) for my birthday, so I should be content. But should the wife decide to splurge this Christmas, a box of good cigars wouldn't be turned down. And a Garmin GPS V would be nice.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

1. Leatherman Wave

2. A good sleeping bag for Central Texas

3. Gerber Knife (I saw it yesterday at REI, but the name escapes me.. 55.00)

4. A good man to go caching and camping with... among other things...

Ok Ok I would settle for the first three, but the 4th one is the main thing I want.

Not all who wander are lost

quote:
Originally posted by Bennu:

quote:
What is a leatherman wave?

A really cool mult-use tool I looked at yesterday, a bit pricey for me, so I am looking for it on sale.. it was nearly 80 bucks at REI.

Gerber makes a really cool multi-tool too. They are prety tough and mine came with heads that you could switch out. I have a standard plier head and a needle nose head. You can buy more heads for it buy I'm happy with what it came with. I also have the Leatherman Wave and it's just as good just no interchangable heads.

I want:

1. 200 monkeys.

2. 2 cheer-leaders.

3. 27' 4" of bubble wrap.

3. A Color Plat Green Merid Magellen.

.... Oh yeah a set of orange shoe laces. And a a fish.

--------------------------------------------------

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by woof & lulu:

Well from the news we just got...a new septic system...sheeeeeesh icon_rolleyes.gif

Aging is not for wimps !

Hey, my gray hair is just a disquise !

Holy crap that's great news!

bwwwwwwwwwwwhahahaha...aint it just...lmao

Aging is not for wimps !

Hey, my gray hair is just a disquise !

quote:
Originally posted by 9Key:

I need a new pair of hiking boots! Apparently 550+ caches is about the limit.

Anyone know of a good place to get Merrell Chameleons?

Have you tried Galyans yet? I just bought a pair of Merrell's on my lunch break.

"I'm 35 Years old, I am divorced, and I live in van down by the river!" - Matt Foley

A yellow Ferrari Enzo. icon_cool.gif

A surplus fighter jet.

A concubine maid.

Yosemite National Park (Yes, the whole park alllll to myself.)

A puppy.

All my favorite t-shirts from t-shirthell.com.

An agent to sell my screenplay and novel ideas.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

If you are not failing now and again, it's a sign you're playing it safe. - Woody Allen

I want a Lowrance DGPS unit with a 4' whip antenna to go with my cool Lowrance GM 100.... And of course the cables etc to hook it all up. That should cost...... ummm around $550 or so. Could have used it tonight. The Solar Flare has messed up the satellite signals around here. DGPS would correct those problems.

If it isn't hard, it isn't worth doing right?

Let me see, let me see, lemmesee...

Some new SCUBA gear

*A boat that's not held together with duct tape

*An acctual motor for said boat

*A few more hours in the day

*4WD truck

*New parts for my mountian bike

*Diving trip to Seal Island, South Africa(Great White sharks that leap from the water! Can you say Air Jaws?!? icon_razz.gif )

Ok, that's enough for the wish list. What I'm going to get? Probably some beef jerky and a sweater from my grandma that I'll never end up wearing. Maybe if I'm luck I'll get some books and a new pair of gloves.

...the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Got the camera, got the GPS, got the time, got the money. I want someone to talk to over my Christmas Dinner and share a bottle of my best Bordeaux wine. Must be getting old and grumpy My only true wish is that my children and grandchildren have great time.

Hope all you out there have a great caching time over the festive season

col

quote:
I want someone to talk to over my Christmas Dinner and share a bottle of my best Bordeaux wine.

Come on over, I would like a good dinner companion as well... although if I had the choice of France or Here, I would choose France, unless the company was exceptional... which could be the case icon_wink.gif

quote:
I want someone to talk to over my Christmas Dinner and share a bottle of my best Bordeaux wine.

If it's a 1982 Chateau Margaux or Latour, I'll be right over. I'll just hop on the Concorde and...oops, darn. Can't do that anymore icon_frown.gif . If it's a '61 Lafitte, I'll swim there!

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm