Ammo Can Christmas Ornament

nonnipoppy

One of our local cachers, UWdawg, found a source of miniature ammo boxes that would be perfect for Christmas ornaments. He turned several of them into Travel Bugs, the first of which was Mini Cache #1. He unfortunately doesn't have a photo of them on the Travel Bug pages, but I would estimate that they are about 2.5" x 1.25" x 0.5".

You might want to try contacting him for a source. They look to be made as accessories for action figures, so you might also try searching for toy suppliers.

Edited by Moun10Bike

Along the lines of what Moun10Bike said, I know my husband has some teenie tiny ammo cans that he uses with his "war models". He buys them from a local hobby shop. There are different sizes to account for the scale of the models.

I know its an old tradition to have a small pickle ornament hidden somewhere on the tree, and the one who finds it gets some sort of small present or gets to be the first in line to open presents. This could easily be changed to whomever finds the ammo can in caching households! New tradition! (my pickle got broken last year in the-dog-tried-to-climb-the-tree incident anyways) DevilDucks

One of our local cachers, UWdawg, found a source of miniature ammo boxes that would be perfect for Christmas ornaments. He turned several of them into Travel Bugs, the first of which was Mini Cache #1. He unfortunately doesn't have a photo of them on the Travel Bug pages, but I would estimate that they are about 2.5" x 1.25" x 0.5".

You might want to try contacting him for a source. They look to be made as accessories for action figures, so you might also try searching for toy suppliers.

You mean something like this one:

Mini Cache #37

I just talked to my husband who is a big time minature modeler. He said they make plastic ammo cans to be used as accessories with GI Joe. I suggest you head on over to your nearest Toys R Us...

They are just plastic and I can't reccommend them for use as a real cache in real world weather situations, but as Christmas ornaments... why not!!!

:D;);)