Forum Downtime

We don't seem to be able to start new polls, so you'll need to post a reply to answer.

While the forums were down, I...

A - ...was annoyed by this thing called "work" that I had to do instead

B - ...discovered, to my suprise, that I have a spouse and kids

C - ...stared at my monitor, rocked back and forth, and whimpered

D - ...actually went out geocaching

E - ...did something else that I will explain below

We don't seem to be able to start new polls, so you'll need to post a reply to answer.

A B and E. In fact I got my first cache on November 11. I am lining a bunch up for the weekend while my father is in town.

Spent some time in ALT.REC.GEOCACHING arguing with Germans over the virtues of "top posting". Spent some time visiting the forums of competing sites and a little time in the Woodster's website's Geocaching forum. Found a few caches and did some trail work (built 5 miles of a new hiking trail...cache on the trail to come soon).

Edited by briansnat

A - For me that's always. :D

B- THANK GAWD!!! I don't have those complications. :P

C- I don't remember actually whimpering. :)

D- Yep! Found half a dozen including a YELLOW JEEP(!) and actually placed one. I also scouted future cache locations.

E- OK, I admit it. I flew up to BC and stalked Mystery Woman. ;) I also stalked Zuuky & J5. :):D

:D C - ...stared at my monitor, rocked back and forth, and whimpered

I am a Stay at home mom so I already know what work is and that I have a spouse & Kids. I spilled boiling water on my foot last week and can't go caching right now. And, to top it off the other message board I participate in crashed also (it still isn't back.)

Michelle

You should change your username to "Dave-N-Lucky". :)

I started out with the traditional forum withdrawal, then "B" came around. I also did some caching, then took the time to produce two particularly evil hides. Hopefully I'll get them out there in the next day or so!

I was enlightened on "the other" forum about how crap the entire eTrex line is compared to the incomparable perfection of the Magellans :) (just joking).

Sadly I did not get the message. Planning to stick on my beloved Legend, at least until I became billionaire, which is difficult with my work...

Apart from this, worked worked worked...

Well, I was supposed to have a good part of last week off, but do to some rather unfortunate circumstances that didn't happen (I really could have stood to go caching, too).

I did manage to get quite a few caches, though. Spent part of the day Tuesday bagging a couple, the afternoon/evening Thursday getting 8 and then nabbed a couple more on Saturday (including a really fun event cache just outside of Terre Haute, IN).

My something else was to begin scouting out a new muti-cache I'm working on...oooh and it looks really good n' evil! :)

Bret

First reply in new forums for me. :)

Wow ! Seeing how much some people accomplished leads me to the assumption that the forums need to be occasionally dis-abled to allow life to be resumed.

It was once suggested that we should be limited to two posts a day or something :D I didn't get much more caching done.

I did have to find other distractions at work though. :D (I like this guy)

Well, let's see here...

"A" never annoys me; "B" does not apply to me; I don't spend enough time here to have had to resort to "C"... I did some of "D", and a whole lot of "E" (some of which was even done with fellow cachers) ;)

E- OK, I admit it. I flew up to BC and stalked Mystery Woman. :D 

;) So that WAS you in the bushes outside my house Friday night? I don't know if I should be relieved or much more concerned than I already was... B)

So much for flying you up from Texas to protect me! B)

I totally freaked out when the forums went down.

Reality check real fast though.

Living vicariously through the thoughts of others gets real old real fast. Went out and found two new caches and was almost the first to find one.

Did my first multicache and had a blast.

Checked out digital cameras because that's the only thing I want for Christmas.

Oh and I cleaned my house....

:D;);)

B/D/E

Actually, I went caching with my wife and kids, a luxury I rarely have the opportunity to experience due to my job.

I also went caching myself, and took the opportunity to finish the development/design of my new Matrix-themed cache, Fundamental Flaw.

All in all, I think it was part of a conspiracy by TeamGPSaxophone to get me to place the cache so he could begin working on it before his next trip to Phoenix. (Don't tell him I said that though....) ;)

I went out and found 14 caches in two afternoons in an area I hadn't cached in for over nine months - lots of caches had been placed, and I was FTF (MEFF!) on one. I also hung out on the cacheflorida forum, although it wasn't nearly as active as this one (some day though ;) ). And I made an attempt at learning some basics of HTML.

Not too bad, I suppose.

Went caching and snagged a few first finds, sold my motorcycle, found a car to buy tonight, lined up a job interview, took a trip to Sedona, AZ, signed up on every other geocaching board out there, and also decided that I would try to make a fresh start here in the GC forums. :D

Wouldn't you hate it if someone brought up this old thread? :)

Sorry, it was too tempting not to :)