Launch your own (virtual) GPS satellite

Mopar

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

Here is another gravity based game to take up more of your day. It was good enough to grind the geochat to a halt. It should be good for a few wasted hours at work. icon_wink.gif

Dru,

You do have a "life" right?

--majicman

BigSig rules to live by:

1.) Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive!

Has anyone had any luck getting a sattelite parked on a Lagrange point? The best I have been able to do is about 3 lunar orbits of the earth before the sattelite falls to earth. My best results have been with L4. It is a little hard to get the right position and vector with the rather crude launch tools available.

Aladin Sane

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. 0:

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

Well, Here's another fun waste of time: http://doody36.home.attbi.com/liberty.htm

Cache you later,

Planet

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/edoom/spacecraft.gif

Dang you for bringing this thread back from the dead. I had finally let go of my "launch your own satellite" addiction....but now I'm hooked again. icon_razz.gif

Did you try this site, too?: http://doody36.home.attbi.com/liberty.htm

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

"It doesn't matter whether you're going somewhere or nowhere, whether you're doing something or nothing. If you're doing it in a boat it's the best time ever!" -Water Rat from "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame (a book I picked up in a cache)

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

...The trick is to fling a million of them and hope they'll stick around. I have yet to get one to orbit the moon for more than 3 or 4 times...

I'm sooooo grateful that the Apollo project was before your time! I think you've found your true calling at Geocaching.com. icon_biggrin.gif

(Oops! I just realized how old this thread was. Never mind!)

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

Boy, I hate to drag this topic up again... but I've found another http://www.vectorlounge.com/04_amsterdam/jam/flamjam.html.

My best is 297mph.

Jamie

Gee, thank a LOT, Jamie! You're obviously using some sort of competition mouse, right?

I got up to 292 . . . I thought my beloved marble mouse would be able to hit pretty hard, but it couldn't go over 100 mph. I hit 292 using a laser mouse.

By the way, if you get time (and don't mind shockwave games) check out pingpong at Miniclip.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

I missed this thread when it originated and just saw it this morning when it bubbled up to the top of the list again. I'm sure that I'm going to get a strange look when I explain to my wife that I just spent the past four hours launching satellites into orbit, shooting a guy through space with a rubber band and seeing how fast I can spank the monkey.

I need a life. icon_rolleyes.gif

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

Thanks Mopar. :P I now find my self returning to see how many are still in orbit. This is like coming back to the forums over and over to watch a particular thread get bashed again and again. :P Enough for now I need to get back to my satellites. :P

ADDED: Just noticed the original post is from Oct 2002. :D

Edited by Cache Viking
Wow. that Grow thing is addictive. I would like to add that I FINALLY BEAT THE WHOLE THING!!! :smile: It took about 7-10 tries, and i finally got it. I wrote down the sequence too, if anyone wants to see the ending (its not that exciting) and they dont have the patience to figure it out.

Alright, I give up, what's the sequence?

Okay. Here is the answer for GROW. Don't read this if you dont want the answer!

1. box (the silver one that turns into a robot)

2. egg

3. sun (the orange ball)

4. mountains (the blue ones)

5. ladder

6. pipe (the silver tube thingy)

7. rotor (the helicoptor thingy)

8. tornado

9. gear (the brown sprocket thing)

10. plate

11. Rocket (the black circle on the bottom right)

12. TV (that black screen box thing)

Thats it!