GeoCache Pirate Appears to be Back Up & Running

Mark 42

I think there is a concern here that hasen't been discussed yet, at least on this thread. If the cache was placed in a park where the Park Rangers permission had been granted,what would happen if the cache was moved to another area that ended up being a sensitive area in the park where geocachers would unknownly cause damage. I think the cache would be taken and all geocaching in the park would end up being banned. Whats your thoughts?

I see your lips moving but all I hear is blah blah blah

Even if that doesn't happen, what if the land management agencies find out about this lame pirate and begin to wonder about someone placing bad things in the caches. The paranoia alone could get caching banned from all rec areas.

Yet this loser still claims he means no harm. Trying to control others, vandalizing caches, possibly discouraging cache placements or newbies from playing the game, all of this is harmful.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

quote:
Originally posted by Xitron:

I think there is a concern here that hasen't been discussed yet, at least on this thread. If the cache was placed in a park where the Park Rangers permission had been granted,what would happen if the cache was moved to another area that ended up being a sensitive area in the park where geocachers would unknownly cause damage. I think the cache would be taken and all geocaching in the park would end up being banned. Whats your thoughts?

Holy cow, you're right.

AND! What if he takes all the cache contents and builds a bomb the likes of which Angus MacGuyer couldn't even conceive of, THEN he places that bomb in a nearby sensitive area and blows the bejesus out of chipmunks and squirrels!!

The possibilities are endless!

Pan

What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series. - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"

quote:
Originally posted by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking:

Even if that doesn't happen, what if the land management agencies find out about this lame pirate and begin to wonder about someone placing bad things in the caches.

What does this mean?

Pan

What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series. - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"

quote:
Originally posted by Squealy:

**** the cachepirate and the horse he rode in on.

Shouldn't that be "**** the cachepirate and the boat he sailed in on?"

quote:

I am sure the nudecacher can tell you why this guy feels so inadequate and has to steal people's caches.

I'm losing my ability to understand some of these posts.

What does this mean?

Pan

Pantalaimon stated,

Holy cow, you're right.

AND! What if he takes all the cache contents and builds a bomb the likes of which Angus MacGuyer couldn't even conceive of, THEN he places that bomb in a nearby sensitive area and blows the bejesus out of chipmunks and squirrels!!

Pan

While I'm not worried about a bomb, what about the cache that was placed in a nesting area for some rare bird. While I don't follow all the events and watch PBS all day long I can see why having people in certain areas during certain times may cause a problem. Even if we do not precieve it as an issue the Park Ranger might and he is the one who can ban caches in the park. My main point is this If the person who wants to be a geopirate has no thought of his actions it could have a negitiave effect on us all. If however he is responsible and pays attention to the who/what/where rule then I think it may,(and I stress may), add to the game. Your thoughs are welcome without all the drama.

quote:
The more we talk about it the more it feeds his little ego. I am sure the nudecacher can tell you why this guy feels so inadequate and has to steal people's caches.

Squealy, I knew you were a smart guy and you've proved it!

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

quote:
Originally posted by Xitron:

Holy cow, you're right.

Pan

_What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series._ - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"

Pantalaim..... whatever, you sound as dorky on these forums as i do. i thought i liked to incite mayhem but you take the cake. these forums are no place to solve problems, they are only good for dorkies to shoot off their mouths. and you've got a big one at that. so keep right on spouting good buddy......... that is without your pantyhose.......

Creativity Within The Bounds Of Conformity

quote:

Your thoughs are welcome without all the drama.

Well if I can't respond without drama, pft, what's the point?

By the way, I wasn't being dramatic, I was being over-the-top. My point was that you can fill the forums with "what ifs." I just don't think your scenario is likely.

Pan

quote:

so keep right on spouting good buddy......... that is without your pantyhose.......

I'm not your buddy.

And what do you have against panty hose?

Pan

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

quote:

so keep right on spouting good buddy......... that is without your pantyhose.......

I'm not your buddy.

And what do you have against panty hose?

Pan

_What does anybody want? I want the Red Sox to win the World Series._ - Bill Pullman as Alan Safian in Malice, in response to being asked "What do you want?"

yeah, i'm not your buddy, that was an awful mistake on my part, i should wash my mouth out with soap for thinking that. ewwwwww......... yuck! god what was i thinking, i must of had a brain fart when i thought of you........

quote:
Originally posted by Mark 42:

Okay, back to environmentalism...

which is just a form of religious fanaticism.

The Pope recently announced that indeed only Catholics will go to Heaven. Talk about a holier-than-thou fanatic! icon_mad.gif

--------------------

This space for rent! Ask about our easy layaway plan!

quote:
Originally posted by mckee:

quote:
Originally posted by Mark 42:

Okay, back to environmentalism...

which is just a form of religious fanaticism.

The Pope recently announced that indeed only Catholics will go to Heaven. Talk about a holier-than-thou fanatic! icon_mad.gif

--------------------

i wouldn't call being surrounded by catholics heaven.... that would be more like hell..... ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.......

hey, i retracted and took all references to politics and the news out of my responses on page one but everyone else kept talking politics, and this was after they told me to leave politics out of it, they were still discussing it.

yeah, these forums are only good for flame wars and antagonizing people, if you want good information, go somewhere else, your not going to find it here.

this topic refuses to die, ....... die, topic , die, but it doesn't work...... no matter how many times i stomp on it.....

hey, lighten up, these forums are good for laughs..... when i want a good laugh, i login to these geocaching forums, their great for lightening my day.

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

Wow. This thread has really taken a dump.

What's with you guys? Grow up. This is not a place to discuss religion or politics, or other societal issues.

Just reinforces my comments about needing moderation in these forums. Sheesh.

Sorry, "we" should have *been* more careful about WHERE things were "going."

icon_rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Where are those censors when we really need them?!

God forbid we should discuss anything that isn't directly related to Geocaching.

I prefer to see the forums as an electronic front porch... grab a cup of coffee, scoot a chair over, and join the conversation... or don't, if you prefer.

But why stop people from enjoying the forums the way they like to?

It's not like someone deliberately hijacked the message thread... it just took its natural course, and here we are.

I don't need a moderator... I can choose for myself what I want to ignore.

"I'm not Responsible... just ask my wife, She'll confirm it"

Yes... I did post that image.

It was just an observation, not a complaint.

The main thread topic had run its course, and I thought it

was veering in a new and interesting direction.

(You'll notice, along with the image I followed the new course).

It was mainly meant to perhaps make a few here smile.