Dangerous Cache Items!

I found a cache recently that had a roll of dental floss in it. What are people thinking? Don't they realize that some child might find the cache,take the floss, play with it, wrap it around their neck and accidently strangle theirself? When that happens it will be the end of this sport.

"An appeaser is one who keeps feeding a crocodile-hoping it will eat him last" -Winston Churchill

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I found a cache recently that had a roll of dental floss in it. What are people thinking? Don't they realize that some child might find the cache,take the floss, play with it, wrap it around their neck and accidently strangle theirself? When that happens it will be the end of this sport.

On the other hand, someone who needs to stauch bleeding might use it to fashion a temporary tourniquet.

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

On the other hand, someone who needs to stauch bleeding might use it to fashion a temporary tourniquet.

That requires Bria...err the person to actually FIND the cache.

I found a micro the other day with a piece of fools gold in it. This is SOOOO dangerous! What if a kid found this and threw it into the street, hitting a car windshield and shattering it? That could startle the driver into loosing control of his car and crashing into a nuclear power plant. Oh the horrors!

Or, what if someone pretended it was REAL gold, and used it to swindle some retired person out of their life savings?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

This weekend I found a toy plastic knife that’s about the length of three dimes lined up in a row. I immediately removed it from the cache, what IF A KID FOUND that in there and then went to a 7-11 store and robbed it using the knife, the 7-11 worker wouldn't be able to tell if it was real or not. Then the kid would use that money to buy marbles or worse yet Poke' Man cards from the kid on the corner and we all know what happens when someone buys Poke' Man cards... your supporting terrorist! By removing that one knife I felt like I have done my part on stopping crime. icon_cool.gif

No one is listening until you make a mistake.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Or, what if someone pretended it was REAL gold, and used it to swindle some retired person out of their life savings?

Well, it's self-evident from the name that only a fool would be so swindled, and everyone knows that a fool and his money are soon parted. So I think that's okay.

warm.gif

I'd spent hours and hours putting together a wonderful night cache in one of our local game areas. But.....as fate would have it....as I was putting the final pieces of it in place....I found a turkey feather!! Well, because of the wonderful posts here about the dangers of feathers and possible allerigic reactions, I immediately pulled all my stuff down and simple made this a virtual. Now nobody can get hurt. Wow, that was a close call!!

Earth First!!! We'll cache the other planets later!!

if they are not stuffed to the brim then there is air in there, and we all know that pollution is in the air, that can kill ya. What about chemical warfare? That might get in the air. Or worse. Suppose the last person was smoking a cigarette at the cache, not only the smoke might linger in the air in the cache, but the butane from the lighter they lit the cigarette with could be there. If you must cache please, hold your breath, or use scuba gear. Rate all caches a 5 at least. Or at least post if you left smoke in the cache.

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

No eating in the cache!

Mr. Snazz, how big are your caches, that you can eat IN them.

Hey do you think that the powers that be would let me make a Mc Donalds Cache, I mean it has Mc Toys in it already and what they serve can't truly be called food, and with those prices nowadays if you give them money for what they call a Big Mack you have greatly 'traded up'.

GPSr's...A step in the right direction!

quote:
Originally posted by MedicP1:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

No eating in the cache!

Mr. Snazz, how big are your caches, that you can eat IN them.

Hey do you think that the powers that be would let me make a actual Mc Donalds into a Cache, I mean it already has Mc Toys in it and what they serve can't truly be called food, and with those prices nowadays if you give them money for what they call a Big Mack you have greatly 'traded up'.

quote:
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Swanlakers:

But what about rat poison? (or does it violate the food rule?)

Swanlakers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't that be a Weapon of Mouse Destruction?

Ok ok, kinda corny but that one made me laugh out loud,,, icon_biggrin.gif

on a serious note though, I did once find an AOL disk in a cache. This is a hazard if i ever saw one. That sharp edge around the outside is one thing, but what about that shiny surface? Could accidently be held the wrong way making the sun reflect off and blinding your fellow cacher causing to him to stumble and fall into poison ivy. Then there's that little hole in the middle, might be tempting to try to put a finger or some other part of your anatomy through it. Going to the ER to have an AOL disk removed after it became stuck,,,, i dont think so! To lesson risk and remove any temptation, i promptly removed the offending disk from the cache!!!

[This message was edited by Mudfrog on March 25, 2003 at 02:54 PM.]

OK - this convinces me! After reading this - all us geocachers have got to be certifiable! Waiting for my straightjacket to be delivered now!

BUT - - just getting to these caches is SO dangerous! First you're out on the road with all the traffic (crazy drivers & pollution too); then you either wander around on 1. urban streets, 2. deserted parks or 3. uncivilized woods and forests. So - 1. More traffic & bad guys 2. Muggers, rapists, etc., 3. Bugs, snakes & assorted wildlife and splinters, etc. Yep - we just gotta make this whole sport illegal! It's just too dangerous!

Just think how much more fun this will be when we're wearing our funny white jackets!

quote:
Originally posted by cachecrazies:

BUT - - just getting to these caches is SO dangerous! First you're out on the road with all the traffic (crazy drivers & pollution too); then you either wander around on 1. urban streets, 2. deserted parks or 3. uncivilized woods and forests. So - 1. More traffic & bad guys 2. Muggers, rapists, etc., 3. Bugs, snakes & assorted wildlife and splinters, etc.

And don't forget those Uzi-tottin' terrorist squirrels. icon_wink.gif

Think about the Buckets O' Doot.

Someone could find them, eat the Doot and get very sick. Then what?

The Doot is for trading, not eating, people.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Swanlakers:

But what about rat poison? (or does it violate the food rule?)

Swanlakers

Wouldn't that be a Weapon of Mouse Destruction?

Ya' got me! The first out-loud chuckle of the day! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Today I placed the MOAF (Mother of all Floss) cache.

I just came from that cache, my wife was looking for the log book and was cut by a sharp edge on the alarm clock, but we used the floss to stop the bleeding, but then her arm fell off.

In other news my straight jacket arrived today, but the taylors said I had to accompany them to the shop for alterations. I said I had to cache and I would drop by tomorrow.