Why don't people log not found?

I went today to check on a a cache that a placed a couple weeks ago. It is an easy cache in an urban setting, and got a lot of hits for about a week, then nothing.

Well, the cache was missing, so I replaced it. My question is this: Why won't people log a cache as "not found" when they don't find it? I am certain that several people looked for the missing cache and could not find it, but there were no logs! As a cache owner, I would like to be informed if the cache is missing!

I get the impression that people think that not-found logs count against them or something. Do you log caches as "not found" when you can't find them, or do you find it somehow shameful to not find a cache?

Hehehe... I've noticed that as well. I think people are too worried about looking like failures or something. *laugh*

When I had that problem, of not finding a cache - I remember that I looked for it on one day and couldn't find it, so I went back a couple days later for a more detailed search... when I was sure I couldn't find it, I then marked it as "not found."

And, I do mark "not found" for just that reason - perhaps I just can't find it, or perhaps it really IS missing... and the owner wouldn't have any way of knowing otherwise.

Good post. icon_smile.gif

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

Hehehe... I've noticed that as well. I think people are too worried about looking like failures or something. *laugh*

When I had that problem, of not finding a cache - I remember that I looked for it on one day and couldn't find it, so I went back a couple days later for a more detailed search... when I was sure I couldn't find it, I then marked it as "not found."

And, I do mark "not found" for just that reason - perhaps I just can't find it, or perhaps it really IS missing... and the owner wouldn't have any way of knowing otherwise.

Good post. icon_smile.gif

Yeah I don't like it either when people don't log not founds. I always make sure to log ones I don't find, so the owner can verify it's still there, if I searched and could not find it. It's a good way to get the status on your cache. Some peole think they would look dumb havning a not found, but I personally could care less.

jhwf4

When I do log one as "not found" I always make sure to add something like...

"Don't let this discourage you for looking for this cache - I might have walked right past it, I've been known to do that"

Ya know, something like that... I don't like the assuming people who log a "not found" along with comments like...

"The cache was not there. I looked for almost 5 minutes and could not find it. This should be archived" heh only for someone to come along a few days later and find it with no problems. icon_biggrin.gif

When I do log one as "not found" I always make sure to add something like...

"Don't let this discourage you for looking for this cache - I might have walked right past it, I've been known to do that"

Ya know, something like that... I don't like the assuming people who log a "not found" along with comments like...

"The cache was not there. I looked for almost 5 minutes and could not find it. This should be archived" heh only for someone to come along a few days later and find it with no problems. icon_biggrin.gif

If I can't find a cache, I will usually post a note that says that I had trouble and couldn't find it. Hopefully the cache hider will be kind and e-mail me a better hint. If after a second or third attempt, I still can't find it then I log a not found.

I just don't like having the little frowny face in my list, too many of them and I start to get discouraged.

Lost? I'm not lost. At least I don't think I'm lost, well............OK, maybe just a little.

** standing like superman **

The frowny face man has no power over me!

** cackling like a madman **

Seriously though... I just don't get it. If I add a "not found" log and it has a little frowny icon, it doesn't make me feel any worse.

Okay - think of it this way... whether you have the little frowny icon next to your log entry or not, you STILL didn't find the cache. So you still suck just as bad. icon_biggrin.gif

I am using "you" as a general term here... please nobody get offended. heh

Seriously though... I just don't get it. If I add a "not found" log and it has a little frowny icon, it doesn't make me feel any worse.

Okay - think of it this way... whether you have the little frowny icon next to your log entry or not, you STILL didn't find the cache. So you still suck just as bad. icon_biggrin.gif

I am using "you" as a general term here... please nobody get offended. heh

Rubbertoe's

quote:

I have posted the little frowny face man a few times. But there was that one that got to me a just a teensy bit! Searched for over an hour, logged a no find icon_frown.gif, then several days later another person found it. Just cant help but think that if only i would have searched for 5 minutes more, DAGNABBIT!!!,,, icon_confused.gificon_smile.gif

Rubbertoe's

quote:

I have posted the little frowny face man a few times. But there was that one that got to me a just a teensy bit! Searched for over an hour, logged a no find icon_frown.gif, then several days later another person found it. Just cant help but think that if only i would have searched for 5 minutes more, DAGNABBIT!!!,,, icon_confused.gificon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

But if they have the frowny icon, then everyone KNOWS they suck icon_razz.gif

Seriously, I don't look at the frown as a failure - it's more of a warning to the cache owner that there might be a problem.

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Rubbertoe:

But if they have the frowny icon, then everyone KNOWS they suck icon_razz.gif

Seriously, I don't look at the frown as a failure - it's more of a warning to the cache owner that there might be a problem.

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

I went today to check on a a cache that a placed a couple weeks ago. It is an easy cache in an urban setting, and got a lot of hits for about a week, then nothing.

Well, the cache was missing, so I replaced it. My question is this: Why won't people log a cache as "not found" when they don't find it

Actually, I just check your hidden caches and figured it out. I drove by the cache on Friday, got to the spot, and then was suddenly hit with all 48 oz of the diet pepsi I had drank on the drive from Patterson. I tried to see if I could find the cache while hopping around but couldn't stand to look very long. I was tempted to let one go along the fence but people's back yards were on the other side so I decided to find a gas station. After finding the station we toyed with the idea of going back but mary wanted to go shopping so we drove off.

I was planning on hitting it again some time this week. I would have logged a "did not find" if I actually spent some time looking.

I know this is not the situation you're talking about but I thought you'd like the story.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

5867_200.gif

My frownie face logs are, IMHO, some of my most interesting.

A smilie means I found the cache.

A frownie means I made some effort to go find the cache, but was unsuccessful.

A note means I have something to say about the cache, unrelated to my searching for it (or a return visit, so it won't inflate my find count).

Cache hider gave bad coordinates, and I couldn't find it? Frownie.

Cache buried under three feet of snow? Frownie.

Got distracted by a playground on the way to the cache, and then it got dark? Frownie.

Visiting a boats-only cache on the chance a boat rental store will be nearby, and it wasn't? Frownie.

Deterred by a madman ripping trim off of a car? Frownie.

Tried to reach a cache by kite, and the kite broke? Frownie.

I take my family everywhere, but they always find their way back home.

1. The cache may be missing. If several searchers in a row post frownies, it's probably time for the cache owner (or at least a previous finder) to go out and see if it's still there.

2. The cache is difficult to find. It's so difficult that some people go all the way to it, spend a reasonable amount of time on it, and still can't find it. With all the discussions that go on about cache difficulty, this is a useful indicator.

evilrooster

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

I got a note back from the cache-owner, who hiked out & found it was still there. I tried to find it again, 2 weeks later. I still couldn't find the darn thing, but someone else logged it as a find in the meantime, so I'm sure it's still there. I gave up on that one, and just haven't logged my not-founds since then.

Frownies on my "My Cache Page" are just as important as the smilies. They're like battle scars, proudly displayed. Too bad there's no way to search others no-finds, rather than just the finds (hint to the admins).

"Wan't" and "differen't" are not words.

I always log my not founds. If I start out for a cache and don't find it, no matter what the reason, it's a not found. There is one cache I've attempted 3 times and have logged not founds each time. After my and several other not founds, the cache owner changed the difficulty from a 1 to a 2.5. They are not a "black mark" and are nothing to be ashamed of and in fact are often the most interesting logs.

Not Found logs are an important part of the cache history. First, they alert the cache owner that the cache may be missing, or more difficult than he/she thought. Second, they let future seekers know about difficulties (or dangers) they may encounter. There was just a log posted for one of my caches that demonstrates this. See Azog's (who by coincidence posted just above this)log for 8/6:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=24963

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on August 07, 2002 at 08:02 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by azog:

Frownies on my "My Cache Page" are just as important as the smilies. They're like battle scars, proudly displayed. Too bad there's no way to search others no-finds, rather than just the finds (hint to the admins).

_"Wan't" and "differen't" are not words._

Take a Look

Mike

Never forget, It's just a game.

[This message was edited by mikemtn on August 07, 2002 at 05:01 AM.]

I'll log a NF when it's clear I'm never going to find it. Otherwise, I'll just keep going back until I find the cache.

Went out last night to find a 3.5/4 (or is it a 4/3.5) and not only didn't I find the cache, I almost got lost in the woods to boot.

I haven't logged a NF on it yet because a) I'm waiting to hear back from the owner to confirm I was in the right area and 3) I haven't given up.

If I haven't found it after tonight (when I go back to look again), I'll probably post a NF...

quote:
Originally posted by travisl:

A note means I have something to say about the cache, unrelated to my searching for it (or a return visit, so it won't inflate my find count).

Got distracted by a playground on the way to the cache, and then it got dark? Frownie.

Visiting a boats-only cache on the chance a boat rental store will be nearby, and it wasn't? Frownie.

_I take my family everywhere, but they always find their way back home._

….but my gps says it’s right here…. and this has to be the correct tree stump, how many tree stumps could possibly be in a forest?…...and I’ve been looking for 10 minutes already and the kids are getting crabby….and I’ve got 15 other caches to hit this afternoon……well I’m logging it as a find!

Fictitious Geocacher icon_rolleyes.gif

872 found

0 not found (a perfect record!!!)

quote:
Originally posted by travisl:

_I take my family everywhere, but they always find their way back home._

….but my gps says it’s right here…. and this has to be the correct tree stump, how many tree stumps could possibly be in a forest?…...and I’ve been looking for 10 minutes already and the kids are getting crabby….and I’ve got 15 other caches to hit this afternoon……well I’m logging it as a find!

Fictitious Geocacher icon_rolleyes.gif

872 found

0 not found (a perfect record!!!)

quote:
Originally posted by evilrooster:

... 2. The cache is difficult to find. It's so difficult that some people go all the way to it, spend a reasonable amount of time on it, and still can't find it. With all the discussions that go on about cache difficulty, this is a useful indicator.

Come on; let's 'fess up: How many of us have missed a cache, and on our second attempt discovered it had been right in front of our noses, and in plain view, all along? It's happened to me twice so far.

I've got 10 no finds, 42 finds and 11 hides. I must admit that my finger quivered many times as I went to post the "no find" feeling kind of stupid and all that. I think it's a man thing. But after the finds total began to go up, I just look at no finds as part of the game. Also, I'm lazy. If I don't find it pretty quick, I stop looking. Also, I'm more "proud" of the hides than the finds.

Alan

I'm afraid I am guilty of this but with good reason. I left the house with what I thought were fresh batteries but upon arrivivn on the scene I discovered they were flat dead. My reason for not logging the not found is simply that I have no idea if the cache is still there or not and I didn't think I should unduly alarm the cacher. Because of my dumbness I had no chance to get a fix on the cache so we enjoyed the area and went home. Should I have logged a DNF and told the cacher?

...if we actually get to the cache coordinates, and look, but cannot find, it becomes a 'not found'. If we have to stop because of something irrelevant to the cache itself: darkness, an ankle that twists (as happened to me once), or whatever, then we don't report anything, because we have nothing of value to tell anyone - it would be equivalent to reporting "we started out for the cache, but as we were going out the door, the phone rang and it was Fran's mom, and they chatted forever". Who cares to know that? It's not useful for anyone.

We've only found 24 caches, and have been lucky enough not to run into a situation where we get to the cache coordinates, but cannot find the cache no matter how hard we search. I am sure we will run into this problem given time.

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

I'll log a NF when it's clear I'm never going to find it. Otherwise, I'll just keep going back until I find the cache.

Enfanta,

This is exactly why no-finds were invented (at least in my mind) because those attempts before you actually find the thing are the best stories.

This is a cache that took me three tries to find. The first time I hunted for it, I left a two-page not-found log, simply because my search was so thorough, and interesting (at least to me) that I wanted to convey my story. Later I went back and hunted again (and still didn't find it), I left another long not-found log... just to describe the work I went through in my attempt.

When I finally found the thing, the hunt was simple and easy, I just about walked right up to the cache.

If I'd neglected to post my not-founds on this one, my hunt would have seemed fairly typical, but as it is, this cache was about the hardest for me to find of any of 'em.

Also, I agree with Travis' guidelines for posting a no-find. If I go look for a cache, there will be a smiley or a frownie posted for that cache.

Jamie

Although I'm still very new at this, I only log it as a "not-found" if I began the actual hunt, and my own inability/lack of stamina/impatience/whatever prevented me from logging a cache - if my car ran out of gas on the way, I wouldn't log anything because I wouldn't want that held against the cache in any way. Plus, as J&F noted, nobody cares about that kind of info.

I confess I have had 9 finds out of 11 true attempts - and it was humbling to have to log in those not founds. Plus, I was worried that the not-found would somehow hurt the cache owners feelings - but in reality, I guess, it's a sign of a successful cache. My not-founds allow others (those who choose to read them) to see where there might be potential pitfalls. And I figure everyone will take my logs with a grain of salt anyway, since I'm so new.

[This message was edited by Texas-Gal on August 07, 2002 at 10:53 AM.]

If I get out of the car to begin, then a note will be put on the cache page. But I don't put it as a NOT FOUND until I enter search mode. To me it can't be a not found until I actually start to look for it. That is the rule I use.

My most extreme note was: I got to about 200 feet and it was getting real dark real fast and the arrow was pointing off a steep slope. It was a note to me because I hadn't actually begun the search yet.

We all play by our own rules and that is mine. But I find nothing wrong with NOT FOUNDS, I even list mine on my profile.

If I didn't think I did a good search, I won't post a 'not found', but if I did, I will -- it's one way to remind myself of caches to go back for.

Back when I was keeping a blog of caches, I kept count of the not-found ones. Over time, I've gone back and found about half the caches I couldn't find the first time.

Tastes vary, I guess.

As allways there are about a million different ways to look at things. There was the one cache that took me three tries to actually find. Now mind you i didnt get to look much on the first two tries. 1st time, someone came up, went to fishing, and stayed longer than we could. 2nd time, car broke down. I logged a note on these two stating that i would eventually find it another day. Well, ive changed my thinking and nowadays if i dont find it, for whatever reason, i log it as a not found.

Its pretty simple for me, i cant find the cache, i cant log it, its a no find!!! This is me, this is a game, and you can log it the way you want!

When I am unable to find one, I do appreciate a quick response from the CacheMaster to let me know the he/she knows that its not there and that they need to go redeploy....soon. Also, did you know that the # of people watching the cache does not include the one who set it out?

6826_1300.gif

Stop it, I am trying to think.

quote:
Originally posted by Orange:

I find nothing wrong with NOT FOUNDS, I even list mine on my profile.

I like that idea! I'm going to implement it myself. Of course, it will have to wait until I can count how many no-finds I have... there are so many.

Jamie

We post our not founds, but not on every attempt. Would you read through all 8 of our posts on a cache rated 2.5/2?! Or rephrased, would you bother after a cache WE'd hidden after seeing all those posts?! icon_rolleyes.gif

One in particular in a nature preserve we tried 4 times (still have no GPS, so topo maps and park trail map was all we had to work with - they only showed main trail loop, not the 10+ intersecting minor trails). For 4th attempt, we first contacted each cacher who had found it within the last 60 days to see if they'd share a hint as to it's general hiding spot - we did NOT want to have to hack through stuff to get to this. They assured us it was just "under", not "through" stuff. Then aligned our bearings on map with a waypoint from road that could be seen from trail in park and tiptoed painstakingly 100 yds SSE straight through every weed, bramble, sticker bush and poison ivy plant (God bless Levi's and long socks!). Looked every where we didn't need a machete to look... still no luck. icon_confused.gif

After we gave up (sad to admit), emailed the cache owner directely, to ask if it might have been removed.

Reply was one short sentence: "We have retired from geocaching and found other interests". icon_eek.gif

That's it. No hints, no "Yeah, we took it out"; no, "Oh, $#%^! Someone musta grabbed it!". icon_redface.gif

We logged a single not found and described our numerous visits. We're asking fellow cachers in area for help on this, in light of the email response, and included that in our "Not Found" post in hopes the owner will realize there may be a problem.

Or maybe we just need a GPS, more experience and better hints!

icon_razz.gif MyBoys&Me

We post our not founds, but not on every attempt. Would you read through all 8 of our posts on a cache rated 2.5/2?! Or rephrased, would you bother after a cache WE'd hidden after seeing all those posts?! icon_rolleyes.gif

One in particular in a nature preserve we tried 4 times (still have no GPS, so topo maps and park trail map was all we had to work with - they only showed main trail loop, not the 10+ intersecting minor trails). For 4th attempt, we first contacted each cacher who had found it within the last 60 days to see if they'd share a hint as to it's general hiding spot - we did NOT want to have to hack through stuff to get to this. They assured us it was just "under", not "through" stuff. Then aligned our bearings on map with a waypoint from road that could be seen from trail in park and tiptoed painstakingly 100 yds SSE straight through every weed, bramble, sticker bush and poison ivy plant (God bless Levi's and long socks!). Looked every where we didn't need a machete to look... still no luck. icon_confused.gif

After we gave up (sad to admit), emailed the cache owner directely, to ask if it might have been removed.

Reply was one short sentence: "We have retired from geocaching and found other interests". icon_eek.gif

That's it. No hints, no "Yeah, we took it out"; no, "Oh, $#%^! Someone musta grabbed it!". icon_redface.gif

We logged a single not found and described our numerous visits. We're asking fellow cachers in area for help on this, in light of the email response, and included that in our "Not Found" post in hopes the owner will realize there may be a problem.

Or maybe we just need a GPS, more experience and better hints!

icon_razz.gif MyBoys&Me

quote:
Originally posted by SC-Yankee:

I left the house with what I thought were fresh batteries but upon arrivivn on the scene I discovered they were flat dead. My reason for not logging the not found is simply that I have no idea if the cache is still there or not

I had a similar line of thinking on a log that I posted as a "note" as opposed to a "not found". I went out to find a cache in a park in Illinois a few months back. Upon getting to the entrance of the park, we found that recent flooding put the whole area under about 2 feet of water. Because we didn't even get passed the park entrance to begin the search in earnest, I didn't think this was a true "not found" situation. I posted a note informing future cachers to give the area some time to dry out before attempting the cache.

"This is exactly why no-finds were invented (at least in my mind) because those attempts before you actually find the thing are the best stories."

Funny you should mention that.

Last night I found the cache I didn't find the previous day. I wrote a thorough account of my first (failed) and second (successful) search to send to the owner for approval (don't want to give away too much, but would like everyone to know what I went through to find it).

Hit the "send" button and geocaching.com said I wasn't logged in.

Message gone.

I'll post my first (unsuccessful) attempt as that's part of the search.

But not right now. Right now I have a headache...

quote:

Went out last night to find a 3.5/4 (or is it a 4/3.5) and not only didn't I find the cache, I almost got lost in the woods to boot.

I haven't logged a NF on it yet because a) I'm waiting to hear back from the owner to confirm I was in the right area and 3) I haven't given up.

If I haven't found it after tonight (when I go back to look again), I'll probably post a NF...

Was that my "Serenity" cache you were searching for? If so, I kinda wish you would post a no-find. I planned on giving more clues if too many people can't find it.

By the way, if you were there, that was my car parked behind yours. I was making sure the cache was still there, checking coordinates, and retrieving my forgotten walking stick.

ps. Just happened to check the page and I see you were persistant and found it. I'm impressed icon_cool.gif

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

"The trail will be long and full of frustrations. Life is a whole and good and evil must be accepted together"

Ralph Abele

quote:

Was that my "Serenity" cache you were searching for? If so, I kinda wish you would post a no-find. I planned on giving more clues if too many people can't find it.

By the way, if you were there, that was my car parked behind yours. I was making sure the cache was still there, checking coordinates, and retrieving my forgotten walking stick.

ps. Just happened to check the page and I see you were persistant and found it. I'm impressed icon_cool.gif

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

"The trail will be long and full of frustrations. Life is a whole and good and evil must be accepted together"

Ralph Abele

quote:

"This is exactly why no-finds were invented (at least in my mind) because those attempts before you actually find the thing are the best stories."

Last night I found the cache I didn't find the previous day. I wrote a thorough account of my first (failed) and second (successful) search to send to the owner for approval (don't want to give away too much, but would like everyone to know what I went through to find it).

Message gone.

That's scary...our posts are crossing each other electronically.

Congrats on finding "Serenity"! I'm anxious to read your detailed post about your experience. You do indeed posess the "force" as I felt was required to find this cache.

I have no problem with not logging a no-find the first time since you made a second attempt the next day. I've done that myself.

My only posted no-find was just recently. I ran out of time looking for a cache and I knew I couldn't return for quite awhile. Additionally, every other finder said it was an easy find and I searched for 40 minutes icon_frown.gif. I figured If others couldn't find it and posted no-finds, then it might be missing.

Wouldn't you know that a "Newbie" found it the next day icon_rolleyes.gif

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

Ralph Abele

quote:

Message gone.

That's scary...our posts are crossing each other electronically.

Congrats on finding "Serenity"! I'm anxious to read your detailed post about your experience. You do indeed posess the "force" as I felt was required to find this cache.

I have no problem with not logging a no-find the first time since you made a second attempt the next day. I've done that myself.

My only posted no-find was just recently. I ran out of time looking for a cache and I knew I couldn't return for quite awhile. Additionally, every other finder said it was an easy find and I searched for 40 minutes icon_frown.gif. I figured If others couldn't find it and posted no-finds, then it might be missing.

Wouldn't you know that a "Newbie" found it the next day icon_rolleyes.gif

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

Ralph Abele

BassoonPilot asked,

quote:
Come on; let's 'fess up: How many of us have missed a cache, and on our second attempt discovered it had been right in front of our noses, and in plain view, all along? It's happened to me twice so far.

For me, at least six so far. That's at least two logs for each, the first of which is a frownie.

Then SC-Yankee wrote,

quote:
I left the house with what I thought were fresh batteries but upon arrivivn on the scene I discovered they were flat dead. My reason for not logging the not found is simply that I have no idea if the cache is still there or not and I didn't think I should unduly alarm the cacher

That's a readable story. You drove all the way out to the cache, then realized you had dead batteries? That's a good lesson to other cachers: check your batteries before you leave. It indicates that yes, you can still get to the parking lot. It shows that you're still an active cacher. I'd definitely mark that as a ''not found.''

And then Joel and Fran wrote,

quote:
If we have to stop because of something irrelevant to the cache itself ... then we don't report anything, because we have nothing of value to tell anyone - it would be equivalent to reporting "we started out for the cache, but as we were going out the door, the phone rang and it was Fran's mom, and they chatted forever".

Yeah, for that one I don't think I'd log, but compare that to my July 14 ''not found'' for Where the Green Fern Grows:

quote:
Geogrrrl's tired and cranky from our ''not found'' at Weasel's Wildwood Adventure. She's whining about her dime-sized mosquito bite on her arm. I promise her that when we get to this cache site, there's a park, and it probably has a playground with swings. We'd play there for at least 10 minutes before we go hunting.

She's OK with that. MapPoint directs me to the end of East V St. to get to the park. Dead end. ''Keep Out'' signs. No park. Cranky daughter.

Instead, we go to Schmidt Elementary School, at the corner of Capitol Blvd and Dennis St, about a mile SW of the cache. We have so much fun there, we play until the sun goes down. The spinning poles were the best. We hit DQ across the street for ice cream, play ''Mr. Sandman'' on the jukebox, and call it a day.

Even though we didn't even get to the park we were looking for, we had a great time. Thanks for getting us somewhere that you couldn't have planned

Texas gal wrote,

quote:
if my car ran out of gas on the way, I wouldn't log anything because I wouldn't want that held against the cache in any way. Plus, as J&F noted, nobody cares about that kind of info.

Why do you say that? A ''not found'' isn't a mark of dishonor for a cache, any more than it is a mark of dishonor for the cache seeker. It's a fact. A statement of what happened. A mark of a geo-hunt gone wrong.

I'd love to see more ''not founds'' with stories attached to them. Then I'd know I'm not the only one who goes to look for a cache and takes the wrong freeway exit and ends up in the bad part of town with a low tank of gas. It'd be fun to read about someone who decided to look for a cache, but mis-entered the coordinates and was baffled about how a cache could be a mile into the lake. I'd like to know I'm not alone in calling off a hunt on account of an ice cream truck.

MyBoys&Me asked a good question:

quote:
Would you read through all 8 of our posts on a cache rated 2.5/2?! Or rephrased, would you bother after a cache WE'd hidden after seeing all those posts

Absolutely! If there was any indication that it would still be there, I'd love to hunt for a cache that someone else might not have been able to find. And I'd love to read about the frustration you must've been feeling on attempt 7. I can feel your seething, just thinking about it.

I take my family everywhere, but they always find their way back home.