Look what we found!

Kealia

So we're out doing our normal Saturday morning combing of the local garage sales where we typically find great stuff for caches.....(among other things this morning I got a puck from a San Jose Sharks hockey game for $.50) when I jokingly say to my wife "should we by THAT?". We make a few jokes and then drive off.

100 yards down the road she says, "Why didn't we get it?!?!?" We talk for a minute and then drive back and get it. Now we have to figure out where to put it???????

Also, any ideas for a themed cache are welcomed.

Maybe an "EX Cache"? Ex-wives, husbands, etc.....

icon_biggrin.gif

We paid $3.00 for it!

lol..it *MIGHT* fit in that one tree you can drive through....

Good luck on planting that one...That will be a lot of leaves and sticks to cover it up....hmmm...maybe you could make up some camouflage for it...Glue some sticks and leaves to it covering it up. Then place it in an area where other like items are in abundance...

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

why couldn't they get any? I know the local one charges way too much for them. If caching was around 10-12 years ago I could of gotten a bunch free when I worked in the armory.

The locals wanted $5-6 for a the small ones (7.62 mm 200rnds). That is rediculous.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

"Glue some sticks and leaves to it covering it up. Then place it in an area where other like items are in abundance..."

Realtree camo tape would work great on it.

"Sometimes you gotta look like an *** to get that cache!"...huntforit

quote:
Realtree camo tape would work great on it.

Got a picture by any chance? I think I'll be heading out to my Army surplus store soon but it's a ways away.

My goal is to put this 'out in the open' so cachers are looking in trees, under sticks, etc. and then either walk right around this, etc. If I could place itright next to a tree or something that would be great!

Why buy a fake rock? Do a search of the forums. Someone posted a way to make a fake rock with some sort of construction foam.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

That is a great find. The army surplus store near me sells those for $21- And yes I thought of buying one for a cache. There's no such thing as too big. Remember the first cache was a 5 gallon bucket. You could dig a hole to put it in and cover it with sticks and leaves. Good thing you only paid $3 for it, it's gonna cost you $40 to fill it up. Check ebay for stuff. I bought a lot of 12 swiss army knives for only $6. You can get ring lots, toy lots etc... When you search pick an item then add lot at the end of the search. (ie. Swiss army knife lot)

Good luck!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.