Maps showing Lat & Long.

mixwithh2o

is there anyplace on the internet that I could plug in a certain area of a state and have it give me a map which doesn't even have to be too specific, but would show me lat & long lines. This is for like when I'm going out of state and I don't want to buy a gazateer and want a clue where in relation to where I may be going a cache may be. Also is there any specific place to try and find zip codes for other states or towns in some of the larger states besides the post office? Thanks

The US Census Bureau has a site that gives the lat/lon for towns by name or zip code. This site allows you to zoom in and click to find areas of Lat/Lon, but it doesn't show the Lat/Lon on the map. Unfortunately, these are only for the US. I searched for quite a bit and couldn't find much in the way of international maps.

If you know enough about the Tiger Census service, you can produce a map with Lat/Lon lines on it. See this one:

icon_frown.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching