How do you capture a quote?

Guest mac

Just curious.....I see folks replying with quotes from other users who posted to the same topic....how do you do that? When I cut and paste it doesn't happen automatically so I must be missing something.

Thanks,

mac

Guest VentureForth

quote:
Originally posted by mac:

Just curious.....I see folks replying with quotes from other users who posted to the same topic....how do you do that? When I cut and paste it doesn't happen automatically so I must be missing something.

Thanks,

mac

Don't have a clue...

------------------

VentureForth out to the wild, wet forest...

Guest VentureForth

Just kidding icon_biggrin.gif. See the purple date and time line with the three icons after it? The first one is a profile icon, the second is an edit/delete icon, and the last is a reply with quote icon. Click on that instead of 'Post Reply' at the bottom and it will open your dialog box with the quote you're quoting within some bracketed code. You can delete what you don't want, and write your own comment below the bracketed word '/quote'.

------------------

[This message has been edited by VentureForth (edited 05 March 2002).]

Guest VentureForth

Just kidding icon_biggrin.gif. See the purple date and time line with the three icons after it? The first one is a profile icon, the second is an edit/delete icon, and the last is a reply with quote icon. Click on that instead of 'Post Reply' at the bottom and it will open your dialog box with the quote you're quoting within some bracketed code. You can delete what you don't want, and write your own comment below the bracketed word '/quote'.

------------------

[This message has been edited by VentureForth (edited 05 March 2002).]

Guest VentureForth

Another thing you can do is click on the "UBB Code is ON" link to the left of the box you write in and it will give you all kinds of cool tips.

------------------

Guest Mopar

quote:
Originally posted by mac:

Thanks..I had played with the UBB to embed pics, but i couldnt figure out that darn quote thing..

Thanks!

macro

dadgum newbies! LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

dadgum newbies! LOL

Newbie? I found the revenge....you go find Alluvial!!!

Then call me a newbie! HAHAHAHAHA

We need to go get that beer, I may be up at the bull on Friday night...not sure yet though.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

In most cases, if you hover your mouse arrow over the icons, a contextual popup message will tell you what it does.

Popup msg isnt displaying properly using netscrape 4.72

I get a small popup, with the 1st few letters at the far right of it, and the rest of the text (I assume) scrolled out past the popup window.