Free FRS Radios (After Rebate of Course)

Dekaner

Um... this is what it says, and I quote,

"Rebate Info.

$15.00 Rebate! Regularly $15.00 (rebate expires on 12/31/02)

1. Send this original completed certificate, along with the original UPC code from the back of the insert card, and the original store receipt ( or photocopy ) to the address on the cash rebate."- The unit costs $15 the rebate is $15, you do pay shipping though

quote:
Originally posted by Faderaven:

Something stinks or I need to go back to math class.

Look at second page of rebate for 2 bonus $5 rebates.

You still have the $3.95 shipping though. If nothing else, for that price, they make good gifts for the kids to use.

If you light a man a fire, he will be warm for a day; if you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I wonder if that price is good only online. I have a Fry's (partnered with outpost.com) just down the way from me. If I can get them without the shipping I may just pick up a couple.

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

quote:
Originally posted by Couch_Potato:

Just remember . . . you get what you pay for.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

My car club has 2 of that model (along with several other brands). We use them for co-ordinating the weekly car cruise we run, and keeping in contact on group trips. Sure, they are not Motorolas by any stretch, but in areas that don't have alot of other FRS traffic (like out in the woods) they work ok. For $2 each, I'd say you will get more then what you pay for

Illegitimus non carborundum!

quote:
Originally posted by geospotter:

I just bought a 4-pack of radios at BJ's for $29.99 (not FREE, but still a good buy at $7.50 each).

Of course, I then had to spend about $10 for batteries!

My wife won't let me buy any more radios. I got a two pack of 2W GMRS radios at Costco (including rechargable batts for $89) but I had to sell two of my older FRS radios at a garage sale first: Someone got two Motorlas with armbands for $15.00

ApK

This price also works at Fry's Electronics. I just ran down to my local one and picked up a pair. Since I saved the shipping charge now I get them for 74 cents! The price of postage the two rebates.

Oh, I took the last two off the self at the Wilsonville store for those that are in the PDX area.

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

You didn't even have to pay for TAX???

icon_smile.gif

My understanding is that these are 14 channel radios, and the ads mentioned something about a subtone feature but didn't come out and say 38 subchannels. For y'all who've got them, are they pretty good? What kind of batteries do they take?

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

[This message was edited by VentureForth on September 18, 2002 at 01:17 PM.]

icon_smile.gif

My understanding is that these are 14 channel radios, and the ads mentioned something about a subtone feature but didn't come out and say 38 subchannels. For y'all who've got them, are they pretty good? What kind of batteries do they take?

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

[This message was edited by VentureForth on September 18, 2002 at 01:17 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by VentureForth:

HA HA in Oregon we don't have sales tax. icon_biggrin.gif But we do have the highest income tax in the US icon_frown.gif Oh well.

Anyway I haven't had a chance to use mine yet. They are 14 channel, but it doesn't appear to have any sub-tone capabilities. At least not according to the manual. What it may be refering to is a sort-of call tone that it makes when you press one of the buttons. I guess to alert others that you are trying to talk to them? I didn't read that part completely but I'm guessing that each one makes a unique tone to signal who you are? Doesn't seem very useful to me.

It takes 4 AAA-type batteries and is supposed to last 20hrs on them. I suppose that's probably if you're not transmitting.

One thing I can see that I don't like already is that the volume control doesn't seem to affect the volume of the buttons and alert tones and they are VERY loud. But then for $0.34 a piece I wasn't expecting TalkAbout quality.

----

quote:

HA HA in Oregon we don't have sales tax. icon_biggrin.gif But we do have the highest income tax in the US icon_frown.gif Oh well.

Anyway I haven't had a chance to use mine yet. They are 14 channel, but it doesn't appear to have any sub-tone capabilities. At least not according to the manual. What it may be refering to is a sort-of call tone that it makes when you press one of the buttons. I guess to alert others that you are trying to talk to them? I didn't read that part completely but I'm guessing that each one makes a unique tone to signal who you are? Doesn't seem very useful to me.

It takes 4 AAA-type batteries and is supposed to last 20hrs on them. I suppose that's probably if you're not transmitting.

One thing I can see that I don't like already is that the volume control doesn't seem to affect the volume of the buttons and alert tones and they are VERY loud. But then for $0.34 a piece I wasn't expecting TalkAbout quality.

----

quote:

----

If I remember right, they take 4AAA. Of one downside I should mention. They seem to consume a fair amount of battery current even when turned "off". I guess this is to power the soft power switch, and hold all the settings. We've taken to storing them with 1 battery removed, or else they seem to go dead in a matter of days, even with limited use.

Illegitimus non carborundum!

Just ordered 2 and shipping was paid for by the person I placed another order for (overnight no less icon_wink.gif) So the final cost to me should be 2 stamps (and I might even be able to get as much as 25% back off the price of $30 (for 2)so I might be making maybe $7 on the deal.

I just hope they're good. Also I was a little dissapointed that they use AAA instead of AA's but I guess they have to make their money somewhere.

----(sig line)---> Did you ever do any trail maintainence? - if so you will know that all but the most worn trails need continuous maintenance to prevent mother nature from reclaiming it. herd paths are quickly reclaimed - k2dave

Just ordered 2 and shipping was paid for by the person I placed another order for (overnight no less icon_wink.gif) So the final cost to me should be 2 stamps (and I might even be able to get as much as 25% back off the price of $30 (for 2)so I might be making maybe $7 on the deal.

I just hope they're good. Also I was a little dissapointed that they use AAA instead of AA's but I guess they have to make their money somewhere.

----(sig line)---> Did you ever do any trail maintainence? - if so you will know that all but the most worn trails need continuous maintenance to prevent mother nature from reclaiming it. herd paths are quickly reclaimed - k2dave

I ordered at about 6:30 p.m. (pacific time) on the 17th. I received the following email today:

Dear PAUL :

Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you

ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a

definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive

new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your

order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon

as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is xxx.

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of

your order, please call customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST

(International customers may call +1-860-927-2050) or e-mail us

at backorders@outpost.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for shopping at Outpost.com.

Sincerely,

Outpost.com

Customer Service

Tel: 1-877-OUTPOST

Tel: 1-860-927-2050

Fax: 1-860-927-8375

E-mail: backorders@outpost.com

http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=macsicon_redface.gifutpost

I ordered at about 6:30 p.m. (pacific time) on the 17th. I received the following email today:

Dear PAUL :

Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you

ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a

definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive

new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your

order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon

as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is xxx.

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of

your order, please call customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST

(International customers may call +1-860-927-2050) or e-mail us

at backorders@outpost.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for shopping at Outpost.com.

Sincerely,

Outpost.com

Customer Service

Tel: 1-877-OUTPOST

Tel: 1-860-927-2050

Fax: 1-860-927-8375

E-mail: backorders@outpost.com

http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=macs:outpost

I bet this post drained them dry!

I ordered 4 under 2 different names/addresses, not sure what I'm gonna do with them since I allready have 4 of my own. Two of them showed up at my home address today.

The rebate is good until the end of the year, so I would think they'd have some more in by then.

On my first day of school my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery. There I was...surrounded by trees and bushes.

quote:
Originally posted by mph6563:

Bought a pair at the Fry's in Burbank tonight. They were marked as, and rang up as, $19.99 each.

Hmmm... the Fry's here had them labeled as originally $19.99 but marked down to $15 - $15(rebate) = $0.

quote:

Dangit!

-fractal

But there were plenty of boxes of other FRS radio sitting on the floor waiting to be shelved. There might have been more of these, I just didn't look. Many of their shelves were empty, maybe redoing the layout.

BTW, there was nothing in the store that said there was a per customer limit.

----

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

I ordered 4 under 2 different names/addresses, not sure what I'm gonna do with them since I allready have 4 of my own. Two of them showed up at my home address today.

You could send a couple of them over to me icon_wink.gif I don't really have a way to make the $15 payment to order them ($30 for two.)

If you are talking via communicatior to Captain Picard, remember this, for it is the single most important thing you can learn... Never give him a straight answer, make sure he has to come on down to the planet and see for himself.

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

You could send a couple of them over to me icon_wink.gif I don't really have a way to make the $15 payment to order them ($30 for two.)

If you are talking via communicatior to Captain Picard, remember this, for it is the single most important thing you can learn... Never give him a straight answer, make sure he has to come on down to the planet and see for himself.

Guess I got one this too late...I placed my order and about an hour later got an email saying: "Please note that the item(s) listed below have been removed from your order per your request to Customer Service or because the item is no longer available from the manufacturer."

I didn't ask them to be removed... icon_frown.gif

Guess I got one this too late...I placed my order and about an hour later got an email saying: "Please note that the item(s) listed below have been removed from your order per your request to Customer Service or because the item is no longer available from the manufacturer."

I am NOT impressed with this site. I put in my order. It said they had them in stock, ready to ship within 24 hrs. I entered all my credit card info. Got a confirmation e-mail. Then 10 minutes later got another e-mail saying they didn't have any more in stock. You can't tell me they didn't know this at the time the order was placed!

Now they've got all my credit card info, name, address, e-mail. How much you want to bet I start getting my inbox flooded with spam from them and their "partners" now?

To anyone interested, these are back in stock with new rebates. (Thanks Ben!)

Outpost has these Conair FRS radios at $15 - $15 rebate [Exp 2/4] (one rebate on each page of the PDF) = $0 each, plus shipping. Limit of two rebates. Also available at Frys Electronics B&M.

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

I, too, ordered a pair on the 7th with second day air shipment. Checked the tracking number this morning (01-09-03) and according to Airborne Express they are in the Denver West terminal already. I'll post when I get them.

The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church.

- Ferdinand Magellan