Tough Virtual Caches

nikcap

This question is inspired by the Cache-police thread and the fact that there have been several cases of the same virtual cache being placed.

Are there any very difficult virtual caches? I've seen one that weighs in with 4 difficulty star: Mopar Automotive The cacher is required to give some detailed information a car in the woods. How about a 5 star virtual? Since I'm not a huge fan of virtuals of locationless, this type of challenge is something I'd be up to. Any thoughts on this?

I'll weigh in on the difficulty rating of King Pellinore's "Mopar Automotive." It was a fun cache to do, and I felt there was plenty of evidence at the site to supply at least an educated guess to the problem.

Some time and effort is required to study and sketch (or photograph) the evidence at the site and then locate substantiating photos, so the difficulty rating of 4 is warranted if correctly identifying the vehicle was required to log a find.

From the logs, it appears the cache owner has been lenient, and a visit to the site has been good enough to claim a find. If that's the case, the cache should really only be rated a 1 difficulty.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=21923

While it does require you to answer two not so easy questions to get the coordinates, the real difficulty is getting yourself in the door to answer the verification questions.

I was not sure this should be rated a 4 at first but since it's only had 1 visitor in over 3 months (while being in the midst of a fairly populated area) it may be fitting.

Any thoughts? icon_smile.gif

Way back in the days when the grass was still green

and the pond was still wet

and the clouds were still clean,

and the song of the Swomee-Swans rang out in space...

one morning, I came to this glorious place.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=21923

While it does require you to answer two not so easy questions to get the coordinates, the real difficulty is getting yourself in the door to answer the verification questions.

I was not sure this should be rated a 4 at first but since it's only had 1 visitor in over 3 months (while being in the midst of a fairly populated area) it may be fitting.

Any thoughts? icon_smile.gif

Way back in the days when the grass was still green

and the pond was still wet

and the clouds were still clean,

and the song of the Swomee-Swans rang out in space...

one morning, I came to this glorious place.

That's a good one Bigcall! I'm sorry I missed when I was down in VA a couple weekends ago.

Back in NJ there is a TNeigel cache that requires that you find some specific things.

Inspired by tneigel again, how about something that would require the cacher to identify via binoculars?

How about this one that scout pointed me to. The almost worth the trip to Texas!