CACHE LOCATION SITE[S]

I hope I can state this clearly...a few months back someone posted a different site where one could get caches from [i only used Colo]. It told the same infor but seemed clearer, easier to use and get directions on etc---changed pcs and lost everything so I need it again. Anyone remember what I am referring to??

Thanks

ROTTENLUCKWILLIE icon_rolleyes.gif

About 5 months ago, my wife found a wheres george bill. She logged the serial number in on www.wheresgeorge.com. From there, Candie found a link, and stumbled across Navi/ cache.com. Thats

when we first started caching. Our family found a

few caches without a GPS until we met Quinn. He hooked us up with a gps and helped us learn how to use it. We ended up finding about 35 to 40 caches not even knowing this site existed. When we found out about this site, we thought how cool!!!!!!!!! icon_cool.gif

TWO GEOCACHING WEB SITES! The more the merrier! icon_biggrin.gif We found absolutely no conflict of interest enjoying both sites. Granted, geocache has many more caches, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with "the other site"! Besides, wouldn't it be a lot better if one didn't talk

$#!@ about something that one doesn't have any clue about? Wouldn't it benefit all of us if we stuck a fork in the fuddy duddy's that have nothing better to do than argue on which site is better? Get along, will ya? There is room for two! icon_wink.gif

Syd, no one said you had to like the other site, but geez, don't mislead others into thinking that there is only one site out there! icon_rolleyes.gif

Duane from

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

quote:
Originally posted by upinyachit:

... From there, Candie found a link, and stumbled across Navi/ cache.com. Thats

when we first started caching. Our family found a

few caches without a GPS until we met Quinn. He hooked us up with a gps and helped us learn how to use it. We ended up finding about 35 to 40 caches not even knowing this site existed. When we found out about this site, we thought how cool!!!!!!!!!

That many caches from that site? That's amazing; I'd like to see your list. I live in a major population center, and the last time I checked (and it has been a few months) there were only a half dozen N.Cache lisitings within 100 miles ... and they were all duplicates of caches originally posted on this site.

I agree with you that it is a good thing to have as many geocaching sites as people will "support" through regular usage.

I'd never even heard of "that other site" until seeing this thread, so I decided to check it out. I searched for caches in my state, Montana. "That other site" shows only one cache in Montana, but even that cache is "retired." Guess I won't be using "that other site" for any hunting around here. Geocaching.com shows me 97 active caches in Montana, about a quarter of which are within 25 miles or so of me. Hooray!